***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BlueThunder said:

I wish I was as confident as some on here but I’m not. I feel this one could go either way. Win and we may see them drop more points and Lennon may well go before February.

Lose and we hand them all the confidence in the world.

For the first time ever I might deliberately miss this one, then ask my partner if I should watch it when FT comes. :lol:

Things that just won’t happen mate, always a nervy occasion but the last few it’s been good to see us ease our way into the game and then just dominate (bar probably the one Gerrard chose the wrong tactics) 

12 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I wish I was as confident as some on here but I’m not. I feel this one could go either way. Win and we may see them drop more points and Lennon may well go before February.

Lose and we hand them all the confidence in the world.

For the first time ever I might deliberately miss this one, then ask my partner if I should watch it when FT comes. :lol:

Yup they are going to need to throw everything at it and it would be foolish to underestimate that . Their season depends on it . Up to us to prove why we are the better team 

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

For me this is the biggest game since the last game.

Of course it will help greatly but nothing is decided no matter what the result is.

Its huge mate, the league could be pivotal for dominance for years.

A win takes us 10 points ahead if they manage to win their games on hand which is far from a given. Its puts huge focus and pressure on Lennon again and I doubt he'd survive January.

Even a draw means they need favours from others and again what a position to be for the 1st time in a decade.

If we were to lose, it allows the pressure to ramp up on ourselves which we don't need. It wouldn't be devastating, just something we could do without.

Its the 1st time in a decade we put ourselves in a position to have winning our 1st title in a decade in our own hands.

27 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Of course it will help greatly but nothing is decided no matter what the result is.

When we beat them in October they then only won 2 out of next 12.

We win this then the pressure on them will be enormous.They’d be looking at having to win every game and at same time hoping for us to crumble.

20 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

It’s just another 3 points at stake yes, but psychologically a hugh blow to them which may even impact on their boards financial plans for January (if any). Points can be dropped or gained but get this game over the line and the belief it could bolster in our squad would be 👌...

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

When we beat them they then only won 2 out of next 12.

We win this then the pressure on them will be enormous.They’d be looking at having to win every game and at same time hoping for us to crumble.

Psychologically That'll be hard for them since we've gone the league so far dropping only 4 points and 5 goals. Not only need we need to beat them convincingly to crush their confidence but also maintain our own good run so every game that ticks by makes them more and more angry. 

Copied from elsewhere

Imagine if it was roles reversed? Say we had a very, very unreliable and unconfident Goalkeeper behind a very shaky defence. We are also playing a new system with untested players who have only beat teams in the lower half so far and we were up against a celtic team who had played 21, Won 19 and conceded only 5 goals.

Would you be confident of beating them at celtic Park? I wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Psychologically That'll be hard for them since we've gone the league so far dropping only 4 points and 5 goals. Not only need we need to beat them convincingly to crush their confidence but also maintain our own good run so every game that ticks by makes them more and more angry. 

They wont recover if we beat them on Saturday. Those looking for moves will down tools and just play season out and almost guaranteed Lennon would get binned.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its huge mate, the league could be pivotal for dominance for years.

A win takes us 10 points ahead if they manage to win their games on hand which is far from a given. Its puts huge focus and pressure on Lennon again and I doubt he'd survive January.

Even a draw means they need favours from others and again what a position to be for the 1st time in a decade.

If we were to lose, it allows the pressure to ramp up on ourselves which we don't need. It wouldn't be devastating, just something we could do without.

Its the 1st time in a decade we put ourselves in a position to have winning our 1st title in a decade in our own hands.

Circumstances are very similar to the famous Mo edu goal game . First time in a decade we have found ourselves is such a position 

11 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Copied from elsewhere

Imagine if it was roles reversed? Say we had a very, very unreliable and unconfident Goalkeeper behind a very shaky defence. We are also playing a new system with untested players who have only beat teams in the lower half so far and we were up against a celtic team who had played 21, Won 19 and conceded only 5 goals.

Would you be confident of beating them at celtic Park? I wouldn't.

End of the day it’s the old cliche . It’s an old firm game and form can go right out the window . We have all seen that saying work for us and against us in this fixture down the years . For the first time since Smith though I genuinely believe we are a far superior team on the pitch and if we turn up we win .

Think this comes down to who wants it more, previous performances won’t matter, who shows up for the fight will determine who takes points. 

confident we can win but equally they need this game to keep their fans thinking they can turn the season around. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Think this comes down to who wants it more, previous performances won’t matter, who shows up for the fight will determine who takes points. 

confident we can win but equally they need this game to keep their fans thinking they can turn the season around. 

As Souness said, we have to win the battle first.

Just been chuntering to my pal about the game.

He is the most optimistic guy in the world and he is worried. 

I am in normally in a state of depression before Old Firm matches and I couldnt be more positive for this one.

Only thing we agree on is that they will be on a hair trigger to claim bias if we win. The ref will know this.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Seems most pundits have us as favourites, I don’t know whether they believe that or are just looking for us to make an arse of ourselves and snigger if they’re proved wrong

And the bookies, we are even money they are 5/2.

9 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Nope.

Yup. A draw is disastrous and a loss is unthinkable. A win is the only acceptable outcome for our advantage both postion and psychologically. Any loss in points give celtic a boost because it lets them hang on. Want to chuck these cunts off the cliff along with any hopes of clawing back the league

Archived