***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For them......  

I hope and believe we are this one game away from 55, I made a bargain with the Almighty that if I can hear the champs LG music one more time,I’ll come quietly,now aged 84 with dodgy lungs it could be

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Perhaps mentioned earlier, but what a save by Shagger from the Thumb. Whilst it takes a team effort to win a league, individual moments of brilliance make the difference, and that save from AM was one of those moments.

it fucking killed them. 

dee9 and bornabear like this
4 hours ago, CR3 said:

Still fucked but with a bit of time to reflect McGregor really got us through that victory, in particular the first half.

thanks shagger :bow:

Genuinely that could very well be a title winning save. 

Absolutely phenomenal 

CR3 likes this
5 hours ago, johanhentze said:

it fucking killed them. 

Title winning save btw

What an incredible goalkeeper. Big players turn up in big moments in big games......hes done it for years but that save today is ridiculous and 

5 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Whilst I am still celebrating yesterdays win, I am celebrating just that. I am taking nothing for granted and would suggest that all of us take a deep breath and hold it until such times as we watch Tav hoist that trophy, adorned with RW&B ribbons above his head.

If you can't get excited about a title for the first time in a decade with a 19 point lead in January, worse case scenario 10 then when can we? 22 games and no been beat winning 20 ffs. 

55 is ours. 

FTP and his followers 

scottyscott1963 likes this

Just watched the second half again. Walker going on about how they dominated the whole game up to the sending off. They had one half chance with the Griffiths edouard one two that Balogun blocked on 59th minute in the second half. It was their only chance up to our goal. We had a Hagi shot and morelos' turn and shot ourselves. Not much more but we were ascending in the game and getting on the ball more and forced their error with the sending off. End of day it might work in our favour more that they 'played so well' yet came away with fuck all. 

3 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Just watched the second half again. Walker going on about how they dominated the whole game up to the sending off. They had one half chance with the Griffiths edouard one two that Balogun blocked on 59th minute in the second half. It was their only chance up to our goal. We had a Hagi shot and morelos' turn and shot ourselves. Not much more but we were ascending in the game and getting on the ball more and forced their error with the sending off. End of day it might work in our favour more that they 'played so well' yet came away with fuck all. 

Watching the highlights there and I agree. The superman-like save from McGregor for the thumb's effort aside they didn't do that much to trouble us. Didn't seem like it at the time right enough. 

graeme_4, jintybear and Robmc1 like this
15 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Title winning save btw

What an incredible goalkeeper. Big players turn up in big moments in big games......hes done it for years but that save today is ridiculous and 

Andy Haliday said on SSB previously, ‘goals and strikers win you games but a good defence win you leagues’ (or words to this effect), this saying could not have been more poignant than yesterday. McGregor was outstanding, and that last ditch sliding block from Balogun on Edouard typified this analogy beautifully 👌... Still games to be played but the teams back line has been nothing short of outstanding this season...

dee9 likes this
17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If you can't get excited about a title for the first time in a decade with a 19 point lead in January, worse case scenario 10 then when can we? 22 games and no been beat winning 20 ffs. 

55 is ours. 

FTP and his followers 

Yes (although we all know nothing has been won yet) and with that 10 point lead, 6 points have come from beating them and most importantly the league is entirely in our hands. They could win every game until the end of the season and we would still be the champions. And they know it.

12 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Aye mate, that famous Halliday saying...

Regardless of who said it or where it was said it’s proving to be significant. And Tbf he actually speaks very well, if I’m honest much better than I expected, just nice to see a fellow fan (albeit one who has been fortunate enough to wear the jersey)  doing well and speaking sense in a media full of agenda driven fools...

jintybear likes this

For all this steamrolling dominance we were supposedly under, our keeper had 2 great saves.  One from Edouard and even that is a save he makes consistently.  The rebound was offside.  His save from Griffiths was a worldy.

They can thank their lucky stars we never got our shooting boots in action because that keeper is absolutely bowfin.  Wtf was that effort for our goal. :lol: 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

55 is ours. 

FTP and his followers 

As you mentioned, a decade, we have all endured so much shit in that time then it is perhaps inevitable that some of us, especially the eternal pessimists amongst us (guilty as charged) cannot, will not allow us to get too excited until the fat lady is bellowing her lungs out from the top of Ben Nevis. Of course you are correct in your appraisal of the current position, hopefully we can kick on out of our wee form slump and their so called revival was killed stone dead, but as I said, wait until Tav lifts the trophy before cracking open the champers.