***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, demise said:

Last 3 games vs them we were the better side, but that isnt always enough to win, as the LC final showed. I hope we are at our best and win this one. Massive 3 points ahead. If we get those, then their are in the sink again, if we lose, this can turn things around, and given our shit fixture list for January, we cannot let this happen. Get this done Rangers!

Keep reading about our januuary fixture list and how bad it is. Lets be honest though, they are all games we should win. Ive just watched hibs get beat at home off ross county, and let me tell you they were shit. Thats supposed to be our hardest one. If we are on our game january is nothing to be scared of.

I can see gerrard reigning in tav and barisic's attacking intent like he did at parkhead, nullify their main attacking outlet and allow our midfield to focus on dominating the game

Would love to see us go 4231, davis and kamara pulling the strings in the middle without having to worry about covering the fullbacks every minute, morelos up top and have roofe, hagi and aribo supporting him 

56 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I don't represent any of those players. 

Can't even remember any games against them that they both started either. 

Are the scum playing so well at the moment that we should be worried? 

They haven’t played a team like us in quite a while mate. They open up, they’re fucked. Think they’ll be very cautious. They do need the win. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

They haven’t played a team like us in quite a while mate. They open up, they’re fucked. Think they’ll be very cautious. They do need the win. 

I honestly expect them to try and go at us from the start. They’ll know their defence is shocking and they will be expecting us to score, so I think they’ll approach it with attack is the best form of defence. 

Can see them trying to knock balls over barisic. Edouard and Griffiths playing together will be dangerous

I think we will win but I’m not sure we will keep a clean sheet. If we do then their heads will drop completely 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I honestly expect them to try and go at us from the start. They’ll know their defence is shocking and they will be expecting us to score, so I think they’ll approach it with attack is the best form of defence. 

Can see them trying to knock balls over barisic. Edouard and Griffiths playing together will be dangerous

I think we will win but I’m not sure we will keep a clean sheet. If we do then their heads will drop completely 

Some chess game coming up in the next few days mate. Think we are better placed here. I’m of the mind if Kent starts, he keeps Pingpong quiet. He needs to build that into his game anyway. Our forwards will keep their CH’s on their toes. They won’t like it. We score first and game over. They will fold. IMO. 

44 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Roofe and Alfie are playing there is no doubt about that.

I do think we play our best football with them two. I'm just wondering if the manager might take one out for an extra midfielder with Arfield being out:hmmm:

I trust the management team against celtic whether they go with both or not

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Said I was more worried about St Mirren and I still stand by that. Bring them on.

Me too. If we had dropped points today again at a decent st mirren  team the whole atmosphere would have changed in both camps. It was a solid performance today. Saturday will look after itself-all the pressure is on them to push for a win. With injuries their back 4 could be frimpong ajer Duffy spagettihead. Three of them can't defend and behind them is t-rex arms. If our strikers can't score against that backline we might as well forget it. 

41 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Keep reading about our januuary fixture list and how bad it is. Lets be honest though, they are all games we should win. Ive just watched hibs get beat at home off ross county, and let me tell you they were shit. Thats supposed to be our hardest one. If we are on our game january is nothing to be scared of.

Problem is Hibs, Aberdeen etc  raise their game massively against us.

32 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

I want to start 2021 off with a right good laugh so really hoping barkas and duffy start for them. 4-0 the famous Roofe and Alfie braces.

Like your optimism pal....... I'd settle for a scrappy 1-0 win from a dodgy penalty but hope you're right.THAT would be glorious!

just fecking beat that mob on saturday Rangers, want the scummy griffiths and brown put in there place and a win and their noses rubbed in it. They think they are world beaters because they have beaten ross county hamilton and that scum from dundee, they scraped by and got lucky against hearts.  PutThem To The Sword :cup:

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Said I was more worried about St Mirren and I still stand by that. Bring them on.

Yeah , I think it was important to go into the game with the 7 point gap .

Given the result in the cup I think they were hoping there was a real chance for us to drop points today and that would have given them a boost going into the game . It didn't happen . 

The pressure is now all on them . If that gap gets any bigger its an almost impossible position for them to recover . 

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

I have a feeling that this game is going to be extremely cautious. Winning for us would be superb but a draw wouldn't be terrible. As for them they cannot lose at any cost and it'll be too early in the season for them to risk that loss and potentially kill them off.

I can't see us going with Morelos and Roofe with no Arfield to make up the work in midfield. Then you add Jack missing it would not shock me if we seen Barker come in for a bit of work rate off the right. It wouldn't be my choice personally but it wouldn't shock me. 

As for them I can't see them going with eduoard and griffiths up top against our midfield so we have to make the balance in midfield.

0-0 from open play but our work from set pieces might just win this again. 1-0 Rangers either from a corner or a free-kick.

if barkers name comes out on the team sheet i will cry no way will he start the front 3 pick themselves roofe morelos kent or hagi  also i think they will start with griffiths and eduoard up front they baled him out last year and he will hope for the same again

I don't think tlb has the balls to go for it. I think he'll go cautious. I think they'll be terrified of us. They can't afford to lose. I think they'll try to keep it tight and win late on. I also think they'd take a draw. They probably think we're more likely to drop points elsewhere.

Either way, whether they go all out, cautious or somewhere in between I just don't see anything other than a positive result for us.

This is our biggest chance in a long time to really put them to the sword.

34 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Treat it like a european game then it's in the bag, play the game not the occasion.

I like the idea of that, but I very much doubt that they will come at us like a european team. They need to win, yes, but they will definitely not want to lose. Will be an interesting game for sure.

Archived