***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

1 hour ago, BookWorm said:

I want to start 2021 off with a right good laugh so really hoping barkas and duffy start for them. 4-0 the famous Roofe and Alfie braces.

cannot see it being 4 nil hope you are right barkas started today which suggest he will play on sat when julien went off he did not bring duffy on he used bitton at centre half

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't think tlb has the balls to go for it. I think he'll go cautious. I think they'll be terrified of us. They can't afford to lose. I think they'll try to keep it tight and win late on. I also think they'd take a draw. They probably think we're more likely to drop points elsewhere.

Either way, whether they go all out, cautious or somewhere in between I just don't see anything other than a positive result for us.

This is our biggest chance in a long time to really put them to the sword.

They seem to have found a lot of confidence of late.. time to put them in their place.

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

They will play as if it was a title decider, it will be as tough as the Hibs 1-0 match IMO. I am going for 2-1 Rangers, Goldson and Morelos winner.

If alfy scores am sure he gets sent off for celebrating by sticking the nut on brown

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

They seem to have found a lot of confidence of late.. time to put them in their place.

It seems a little misguided to me and I don't say that with blue tinted glasses on.

Obviously they were in a mess but if we beat Ross County, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone at home, Hamilton away, scraped past a Championship side on penalties and beat a really out of sorts Lille side in a dead rubber I honestly wouldn't be getting carried away, especially when the defence has still been a mess throughout.

We'll see what they're made of on Saturday. I don't think it'll be much.

8 minutes ago, billscott said:

if barkers name comes out on the team sheet i will cry no way will he start the front 3 pick themselves roofe morelos kent or hagi  also i think they will start with griffiths and eduoard up front they baled him out last year and he will hope for the same again

If they start with a top two I will fancy us big time. I think it will completely suit us with them chasing the game. I just can't see him gambling like that when there is so many games left. Like you say maybe he fancies them!

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't think tlb has the balls to go for it. I think he'll go cautious. I think they'll be terrified of us. They can't afford to lose. I think they'll try to keep it tight and win late on. I also think they'd take a draw. They probably think we're more likely to drop points elsewhere.

Either way, whether they go all out, cautious or somewhere in between I just don't see anything other than a positive result for us.

not sure he has the defenders to keep it tight he started today with frimpong and the italian who cannot defend hope these 2 start on sat and if julien is out they done have a great defence i think if we can control the game keep it tight at the back we will score at some point

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I really don't think they'd take a draw. They're too far behind and will see this as a big opportunity to strike a blow. They have improved of late and will feel more confident, they'll be going for the win imo.

Hard luck to the cunts. 2-0 Rangers

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

not sure he has the defenders to keep it tight he started today with frimpong and the italian who cannot defend hope these 2 start on sat and if julien is out they done have a great defence i think if we can control the game keep it tight at the back we will score at some point

I don't think they have the players to stop us doing anything to be fair!

Gonna be fascinating. All the pressure is on them. They really can't afford to lose. They go into this so far behind, with a calamitous back 5 (or 6), and either an untested, inexperienced midfield and/or an ageing Brown. 

Admittedly they have goals in them but our defence have been incredible this season.

This is a massive game for both us and them, but I have a fear we may be lulled into a false sense of security with the current points gap and won't perform particularly well while they throw everything they have at us from the first whistle. We won't get away with a sub par performance against them because, as poor as they have been, they have players who can punish you. We're both fighting for our season. They're fighting to keep their season alive and we're fighting to kill them off and get a hand on the title.

Long story short, I've had a few drinks and when you cut out all the pontificating pish, just get at them from the first whistle and fucking kill this mob's season off Rangers. Bury this fucking scum. Send them home knowing that they're back where they belong and that the King has taken his fucking throne back. 

I’m excited at the thought of Roofe making his debut, he is in great form.

Aribo looks to be hitting form at the right time too and could be a game changer.

Hagi is on form too and could cause them trouble.

Morelos looks to be happy and up for it again. 

Lots to be encouraged about. 

10 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Long story short, I've had a few drinks and when you cut out all the pontificating pish, just get at them from the first whistle and fucking kill this mob's season off Rangers. Bury this fucking scum. Send them home knowing that they're back where they belong and that the King has taken his fucking throne back. 

👏 👏 👏 

I think a major difference (in our favour) is that that tims will think they can win this game.......... as opposed to all other teams who come to Ibrox with 10 behind the ball.

They wont have 9/10 behind the ball.

We will destroy them... I have no fear.

The game will be so open that we will cut thru them more than ever before.

I do not have nerves about Saturday.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis  Kamara 

Aribo

Roofe Morelos Kent

If they play the diamond that they have been playing n leave Tav and Barisic 1 on 1 with there full backs, it will play right into our hands and we will have a field day.

3 -0 Gers Tav penalty, Roofe & Alfie to kill the game. 😉

58 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I honestly think lennon is going to go gun ho in this game. Hoping the thumb and Edward can get at us.  They know full well thier defence can't hold out. 

I agree but either approach we can get at them. If they come out attack minded we've showing especially in Europe we can cut through teams pushing forward in numbers. 

I think our ace in this game is Roofe. He's the one they haven't played against before and his movement/finishing is going to a nightmare for them. 

34 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I think a major difference (in our favour) is that that tims will think they can win this game.......... as opposed to all other teams who come to Ibrox with 10 behind the ball.

They wont have 9/10 behind the ball.

We will destroy them... I have no fear.

The game will be so open that we will cut thru them more than ever before.

I do not have nerves about Saturday.

Is that your date of birth in your username? 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

I like the idea of that, but I very much doubt that they will come at us like a european team. They need to win, yes, but they will definitely not want to lose. Will be an interesting game for sure.

We play the patience game! they'll have to come at us at some point and will leave us space to exploit 

Archived