***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

14 minutes ago, TexasGers said:

Trying to stay positive but man for some reason I don't have a great feeling about this one!

Arfield and Jack missing out is huge. 

Most don't in either side when it comes to these games. 

You always fear the worst deep down. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 to us

always have the fear before the match but their defence/keeper is laughably awful, willing to admit they may score one, maybe even 2. but we'll score more

they are a wounded animal, and this match is make or break for them, so it would be unwise to think they'll not be dangerous

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

They have played nobody since.

A second half struggle v Killie

3-3 v Hearts

A second half win v a 2nd string Hamilton side 

A win v Dundee Utd at home

They are there for the taking. If we win, they will collapse.

They conquered their Ross county demons also

We have had teams come to Ibrox and literally park the bus in front of us.......and we eventually break them down.

I dont think the tims will do that...cos they are stupid enough to think they can take us on  and beat us.

That will leave gaps, and we will play thru them.

This is the least nervous I have been for an 'us and them' in a long time.

This season is ours..... no mistake

I was extremely confident for the game at their place which I've never felt before an Old Firm game. Had absolutely no doubt we'd win which is strange as this season I'm feeling the nerves against everyone. 

I think we are in a good place and the pressure is all on them, start Brown and they're in trouble. Go with Soro and Turnbull who have no experience in such a fixture and we could run over the top of them. I think if they go with that diamond it will suit us, we just have to be wary of their strikes from distance and the Thumb as he unfortunately is looking sharp. 

I'll be a bag of nerves come Saturday. Just hope to fuck we beat this delusional mob. 

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Pish thread.

Same team.

You must be shite at football manager.

Kent shows up in these games. As much as I appreciate Hagi’s recent scaffed shots that have turned into goals against the lesser teams he’s not proven he’s got enough and ready to get torn right into this mob imo. All but Kent for Hagi

14 minutes ago, CR3 said:

You must be shite at football manager.

Kent shows up in these games. As much as I appreciate Hagi’s recent scaffed shots that have turned into goals against the lesser teams he’s not proven he’s got enough and ready to get torn right into this mob imo. All but Kent for Hagi

Eh

6 hours ago, donaghy said:

Me too. If we had dropped points today again at a decent st mirren  team the whole atmosphere would have changed in both camps. It was a solid performance today. Saturday will look after itself-all the pressure is on them to push for a win. With injuries their back 4 could be frimpong ajer Duffy spagettihead. Three of them can't defend and behind them is t-rex arms. If our strikers can't score against that backline we might as well forget it. 

Hmmm

8 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I agree. We are not playing well but grinding out results. 

Were you around for nine in a row without the Asterix?

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Most don't in either side when it comes to these games. 

You always fear the worst deep down. 

Always will, even when we were clearly the better squad you just do not know.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Their defence remains their biggest weakness

Get at them, they fold. 

In saying that, we need to cut down on those constant short out balls from Shagger, or we'll come unstuck. We're sailing close to the wind at times. 

Agree if we go up and at them, McGregor knows what he is doing in these games, Also wind your neck in in the Politics section Mr copy and post!

Not as confident as others here, we have been fighting victories, none convincingly either apart from St Johnstone the past month imo...

Few players off game, few Injurys too,Arfield is massive for us.

We are starting games sloppy too, today Davis nearly in the first minute ...

We cannot let this happen.

Hard,fast aggressive attacking link up play has been short past few games.

If we dont start as above then only have ourselves too blame..  we will miss arfield and Jack's dig.

Aribo, Kamara need to get physical and thinking fast on their feet on Saturday or few rabbits in heights and suprises on here.

Mark my words troops.

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Not as confident as others here, we have been fighting victories, none convincingly either apart from St Johnstone the past month imo...

Few players off game, few Injurys too,Arfield is massive for us.

We are starting games sloppy too, today Davis nearly in the first minute ...

We cannot let this happen.

Hard,fast aggressive attacking link up play has been short past few games.

If we dont start as above then only have ourselves too blame..  we will miss arfield and jacks dig.

Aribo, Kamara need to get physical and thinking fast on their feet on Saturday or few rabbits in heights and suprises on here.

Mark my words troops.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Their mongo fans actually want them to continue with the diamond against us. Tav and Barisic will have an absolute field day. 

I honestly couldn't think of a dumber tactic to play against us. Fingers crossed Lennon is so arrogant they try it.

:lol: 

If they play that diamond against us then the fullbacks will be exposed to one-on-ones all game against Kent, and the only way to stop the fullbacks doubling-up in attack will be to have the sitting midfielder roam, leaving Aribo, Davis, and Kamara with all the room in the world to run with the ball and pick their pass.

Yes please! 

The result of this game is all about how we play. They have had a run of very straightforward fixtures and they still pretty much always look like conceding. 

They’re shite. Genuinely struggle to get more than (maybe) one or two of their players into our XI - and I don’t even think I’m being biased when I say that.

Win on Saturday and Celtic need to win all of their remaining games (including the two Old Firms) and hope we drop points at least twice more between now and the end of the season. 

Put them to the sword.

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Their mongo fans actually want them to continue with the diamond against us. Tav and Barisic will have an absolute field day. 

I honestly couldn't think of a dumber tactic to play against us. Fingers crossed Lennon is so arrogant they try it.

Nevermind Barasic and Tav, Aribo, Hagi and David will be using that midfield as a dancefloor with no cunt getting near them. 

100% they have to change their formation, i reckon theyll do 3 at the back, 5 in mid and 2 uptop

Anyone else think they might shape up the same as us including 2 CHs (Ajer + 1), two attacking full backs in ping-pong and the wee lassie, and play 3 forwards in Eduard, thumb and Elyanuosi?

Julian likely being out is a huge problem for them and might force them into a tactical shuffle.

Archived