Who starts?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

• Hagi
    • Kent

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent is due us a massive performance so Id start him.

Really unfair on Hagi who has been one of our shining lights the last couple of games but I'd go with the team most likely to get us a positive result. Having a bang in form Hagi on the bench isnt a bad option to have to be honest. 

If I was Gerrard Id be taking Kent aside before the game and let him know in no uncertain terms he has to deliver or will be subbed at half time. 

I think Morelos will play but the manager must be tempted to go with Kent, Roofe and Hagi as the three. 

Think the recent criticism of Morelos has been a bit over the top but Kent has delivered in these games on several occasions, Roofe is in form and Hagi has been in good form for the last few games. 

It's a good dilemma to have. Our worst spell last season came when Morelos and Kent's form dipped, but it's not been as big of a deal this year at all due to our signings.

Kent and Morelos are our big game players. Both have shown that Celtic can’t handle them and both will play. 

Kent also much more suited to the fact we’ll actually get some space to play into, especially with Celtic likely playing an attacking fullback on his side.

6 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I think Morelos will play but the manager must be tempted to go with Kent, Roofe and Hagi as the three. 

Think the recent criticism of Morelos has been a bit over the top but Kent has delivered in these games on several occasions, Roofe is in form and Hagi has been in good form for the last few games. 

It's a good dilemma to have. Our worst spell last season came when Morelos and Kent's form dipped, but it's not been as big of a deal this year at all due to our signings.

Was just about to say this. I wouldn’t rule out Morelos dropping back to the bench with Kent and Hagi playing either side of Roofe.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

On form it should be Hagi, but Kent will probably play. 

Kent is frustrating the hell out of me now, today he was just on and had a chance to run at the right back with acres of space behind. He decided to cut inside and gave it to Kamara. He is doing this all the time.

If kent is positive and commmits defenders he can be great but we haven't seen much of that recently.

He’s told by the management team to cut inside as much as possible, so Tav/Borna can go into that vacated space. 

But it is frustrating as he could be really effective in those areas...

McGregor

Tav Helander Goldson Barisic 

Davis

Aribo               Kamara 

Kent

Roofe, Buff,

2 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

On form it should be Hagi, but Kent will probably play. 

Kent is frustrating the hell out of me now, today he was just on and had a chance to run at the right back with acres of space behind. He decided to cut inside and gave it to Kamara. He is doing this all the time.

If kent is positive and commmits defenders he can be great but we haven't seen much of that recently.

Fuck me, I just read your post mate and I said almost the exact same thing word for word about 20 minutes ago. 😀

27 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Hagi. 

Think they'll sit in and try and tire us out for the first 45-60 minutes then take control for the last half hour. Kent doesn't do well against teams that sit in. 

I think They'll come out of the blocks like motherwell, st. boo and hivs have done lately, with a block on Tav and Borna in the hope they score early. They certainly will not tire a fit Rangers team. I can see Kent turning them over if we absolutely go for the the throat from the start but if we play possession football then I see Hagi being more important with his ability for the killer pass. 

Hagi for me.

Kent’s been poor of late and not impacting games anywhere near as much as we need him to.

But I’d be really concerned that Hagi’s slackness in possession, allied to his lack of physicality in holding the ball up, would see him giving the ball away too often and cause ourselves too many problems.

Tough cos he’s assisting and scoring, but I think the game would bypass him. Kent NEEDS to step up

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

I think the other 2 forward positions are filled for Saturday in Alfie & Roofe but who gets the nod?

Hagi on current form or Kent on what he has done against them in the past?

I wouldn’t bet against Alfie being the one left out, brought off the bench with 30 to go 

I’d go Hagi from the start and then bring on Kent to run their defence ragged when legs are tiring.

That said, Kent seems to have stopped running past people and seems to favour a silly wee step over then cut inside to play a square pass. He did it today having only been on the pitch for a minute or two when he an ideal opportunity to charge at their right back.

To be honest, I’d play both Kent and a Hagi and leave Morelos on the bench.

Archived