Zungu

Thoughts so far?

I know I know, he’s hardly had a chance... but there’s nowt there that excites me... You would like to think that he would really try to impress in his cameo roles but he seems happy to make easy passes. Doesn’t look like the type of player that picks out a defence splitting pass... hope he proves me wrong...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set off a rocket was supposed to be red and turned out to be green, was gutted at first 2021 ruined. Then I thought about it metaphorically I came to think of that green rocket as there title hopes going bang! 

#55 Ibrox Baby!  

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Reminds me of Coulibally tbh.

We need to sign a CDM next season.

Four midfielders needed imo, assuming Kamara is sold and Davis is used sparingly next year.

Jack’s fitness is an issue and Arfield is the wrong side of thirty.

Zungu is not good enough to be a first pick.

34 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Set off a rocket was supposed to be red and turned out to be green, was gutted at first 2021 ruined. Then I thought about it metaphorically I came to think of that green rocket as there title hopes going bang! 

#55 Ibrox Baby!  

You would have thought I’d have had the savi to put that in the happy new year thread. I apologise I’ve had a few. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

OF games are tactical. Without Jack, there is an outside chance he starts in order to man-mark Turnbull pushing Aribo further forward. Probably about a 25% chance of happening but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Doubt he'll get any minutes in this game let alone starting.

Well I will go against the flow. I think there is something there. Too early to condemn him to the 'useless' pile. I seem to recall Tavernier coming in for stick and the same with Arfield and Davis. 

I know he wasn't great v St Mirren giving the odd stray pass but in the last game, Davis and Kamara were slow starters giving the ball away. Mistakes happen (ask Goldson).

There is time yet to see how he pans out and I wish him well.

He looked like he could be decent in the 1st few games he played but his last few have left me worried with how much he gives the ball away. When he came on in his last game he almost gave away a goal when he lost possession 25/30 yards out. I'd be worried if he starts against the tarriers but can't see him starting ahead of Davis/kamara. 

Maybe a run of games will help him but our fixture come thick and fast and they ain't easy. 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Four midfielders needed imo, assuming Kamara is sold and Davis is used sparingly next year.

Jack’s fitness is an issue and Arfield is the wrong side of thirty.

Zungu is not good enough to be a first pick.

I think Lundstram will sign, hopefully this month, and Stephen Kelly will come into the squad permanently. 50/50 whether we keep Zungu.

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He looked like he could be decent in the 1st few games he played but his last few have left me worried with how much he gives the ball away. When he came on in his last game he almost gave away a goal when he lost possession 25/30 yards out. I'd be worried if he starts against the tarriers but can't see him starting ahead of Davis/kamara. 

Maybe a run of games will help him but our fixture come thick and fast and they ain't easy. 

I remember Kamara getting the exact same criticisms. Ridiculous writing him off so quickly.

Archived