Zungu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, five stars said:

Far too early to judge him. It'll probably be next season before we can determine whether he'll be a success or not.

He's only signed up til the end of the season though we have the option to make it permanent.

Gerrard said the profile he was looking for was a "dominant" midfielder. I've yet to see that tbh.

54 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Just like Davis does most games ?

Done it once at st Mirren and your making out he does it constantly. No matter what happens tomorrow you seriously believe he’s been shit recently?

I see him as the back up we badly needed for Davis this season. 
Davis is a hard act to follow or even try to copy but you can see Zungu try his best in there but he’ll need time to get to grips with the unique style of football in this league.  

28 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Done it once at st Mirren and your making out he does it constantly. No matter what happens tomorrow you seriously believe he’s been shit recently?

Show me the bit where a said hes playing shit.

Hes negative as fuck but is playing well, and has done it far more times than once against StMirren.......

56 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I remember Kamara getting the exact same criticisms. Ridiculous writing him off so quickly.

Roofe as well , he was shit too. Different position i know but the default for Rangers media is a new player is shit until he proves beyond doubt that he isnt. Whether hes had time and games or not. No way will he start tomorrow but over the next month he will get chances to prove himself and i will judge him then.

Still to early but every time he gets the ball he passes it sideways or backwards.

Never seen him as of yet run with the ball and take on people in an attacking sense (If i have missed that then please let me know)

Would not feel comfortable if he was to start against Celtic as a wild card. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think Lundstram will sign, hopefully this month, and Stephen Kelly will come into the squad permanently. 50/50 whether we keep Zungu.

I’m thinking Lundstram as well but most likely in the summer. This is based on absolutely nothing but a pure guess - I think we’ve got some kind of gentleman’s agreement with Aberdeen to sign Ferguson this summer coming. Too early to call it on Zungu but I’ve not been overly impressed with him so far. 

We’ve got potential CL football to dangle in front of players now so we might actually see a higher standard of player coming in. 

31 minutes ago, Griffin Peterson said:

I’d say he looks competent enough but I’m not convinced he’s a long term solution for our midfield.

Id like to see him from the start of games to get a better look at him but his problem is we have such quality in there game time will be difficult. 

He started in the cup defeat.

55 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's only signed up til the end of the season though we have the option to make it permanent

That will depend on merchandise sales in SA reaching their target.

So far he has not impressed but I felt the same with Roofe and Itten but can now see something in them.

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

I remember Kamara getting the exact same criticisms. Ridiculous writing him off so quickly.

9 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Roofe as well , he was shit too. Different position i know but the default for Rangers media is a new player is shit until he proves beyond doubt that he isnt. Whether hes had time and games or not. No way will he start tomorrow but over the next month he will get chances to prove himself and i will judge him then.

Both permanent signings. Zungu is a loan til summer with an agreement in place should we proceed, we have the luxury to try before we buy.

So given he's playing to impress us enough to get a permanent contract, from what you've seen should we offer him a permanent deal?

Jury still out for me, but its a big 6 months to deliver if he's going to earn it.

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

I'm not writing him off. What I stated was facts so far in his time with us. I hope he does well and we all know what happened with barisic when everyone wanted rid of him. 

The lad needs game time and my main worry is he might not get it with how tough our next 5 fixtures are, however we are down to bare bones a bit in that position. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm not writing him off. What I stated was facts so far in his time with us. I hope he does well and we all know what happened with barisic when everyone wanted rid of him. 

The lad needs game time and my main worry is he might not get it with how tough our next 5 fixtures are, however we are down to bare bones a bit in that position. 

Well too many are writing him off, I honestly don’t know if he’s up to it or not as St Mirren apart he’s only had cameos. What we desperately need is a hard tackling CDM 

Certainly not wiring him off but he’s neither a commanding defensive midfielder nor an attacking number 10 type from what I’ve seen. He has to start showing us what he can offer, as of yet we’ve seen very little to convince us that he’s better than what we already have.

Archived