That Save from McGregor

Goianegra

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

World class.  I'm debating with myself if it's on a par with Goram against van Hooijdonk, and trying not to overreact, 

Thats a goal all day long against most keepers.

It’s an outstanding save but Gorams was better. And so was McGregors  against Werder Bremen. 

In fact although he was offside. The save shagger made today from Edouards follow up was ridiculous. He looked In the zone today. 

17 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It’s an outstanding save but Gorams was better. And so was McGregors  against Werder Bremen. 

In fact although he was offside. The save shagger made today from Edouards follow up was ridiculous. He looked In the zone today. 

Agree.

Wasn’t even the best save of the day although it was the most important.

That save from Edouard was truly astonishing. Doesn’t matter it was ultimately offside, he still had to make it.

EDIT: for the avoidance of doubt, both were world class saves.

20 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

watching again, have to agree with you there mate.

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have always loved Allan McG, he is a real character as well, some would say slightly nuts 😁 and that save today was outstanding, his desire to win is also brilliant to have in the dressing room. 👏 

Brilliant but nuts!

1 hour ago, Copeland1983 said:

World class.  I'm debating with myself if it's on a par with Goram against van Hooijdonk, and trying not to overreact, 

Thats a goal all day long against most keepers.

Different types of saves but what’s not debatable is, both were genuine world class.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Haha! He's so funny man, as well as an exceptional keeper. Incredibly modest too. Always saying he never made a world class save!

Best thing about it. World class but would rather get the goal kick than plaudits 😂

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Fabulous save however think his performance has been over hyped to try and make the tarriers performance better.

He literally had 2 saves to make all day. 2 great saves but they were hardly bombarding us with shots on target.

2 shots on target, 2 world class saves, that''s what world class goalies do. His concentration is spot on.

Either going in could have caused us problems as they were dominating play at that stage.

Archived