Leon Balogun

Clemdog

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Poor first half, outstanding second. 

Before the game I'd have gone with Helander and the first 15 minutes Balogun looked lost. Delighted he turned it around, that late block against Eduoard was superb.

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

Before the game I'd have gone with Helander and the first 15 minutes Balogun looked lost. Delighted he turned it around, that late block against Eduoard was superb.

Really grew into it. Would still pick Helander ahead of him, but great options to have. 

Him playing was obviously to combat Griffiths. He did have some dodgy moments in the first half but so did everyone else bar McGregor. Come the 2nd he was excellent alongside Goldson. Another guy that you want to bleed wins in this fixture into. For too long we've worried about players with scar tissue. There are not nearly as many and they are replaced with winners and new people who are learning. 

Griffiths was blowing out his fat junkie arse not long after 20 minutes in, that's down to the excellent job Leon did on him.

His interviews are brilliant and he epitomises Gerrards demands of remaining humble, really top bloke.

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've tried telling folk he's our best partner for Goldson.

He earned his wages today, I'll even ignore the sloppy header 1st half.

He is against two strikers, against late running attacking midfielders Helander wins for me - his positioning is better. 

i didn't think it was the right choice to have him in instead of helander, but by fuck was i wrong

didn't take long to see why he was brought in - his pace

my thoughts were that it kind of evens things out - ie you're faster but only have a decent positional sense vs slower and have great positional sense (helander)

he was excellent today, so was goldson

Archived