Hagi

plymouthranger

50 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Made the difference today, game changed when he was on the park.

Fair play to the management team, I was baffled that Roofe was coming off at HT. But Gerrard and co. got it absolutely spot on

Wouldn't have taken Roofe of at halftime but fair do's. Hagi made the difference second half. 

Apart from the Masonic conspiracy :mutley:

Was a little bit worried when I seen him come on simply due to his lack of pace and normally you don't usually get time on the ball on these games as they are normally played at 100MPH but fair doo's the boys class shone through and his positional sense more than made up for his lack of place, his ability to give himself the time on the ball to make those incisive passes while the game rages around him make him special, it was no coincidence that we started to get a grip on the game when he came on even before Bitton took his walk, Tav was starting to get forward more as our right hand side started pushing Laxailt back.

Brilliant player, said it from the first game he played for us and pleased to see him proving his doubters wrong. By far the most intelligent player in the team, and offers a creative spark that we’ve been so desperate for. Add to that his desire and energy when he came on you could see how much he wanted it. A far more important player for us than many believe and he’s only going to get better.

I'll be honest I wrote Hagi off earlier in the season but he has proved me wrong. Last few games been influential and clearly made a difference today. 

Good move from the manager and it worked. Ftp 

We need to freshen up the team. We've looked a little leg heavy last few weeks, which is not surprising as we've played so many games.

Hagi should be in, he's fresh and looks determined to make his mark. Kent should get a break, great player to bring on if we need him.

Changed the game today,when he plays we get more from Aribo,might not be the most physical but the boy can find a pass where it hurts, Davis trying to be Pirlo does not work , slows us down and invariably does not find the mark, we escaped a beating today if it wasn't for Shagger.A shade like Walter but a hard to watch performance,we look jaded and need to find our previous  performances ,Kent  gave the ball away countless times ,if he was more confident and direct he would cause chaos against most teams, why we allowed them to dictate how this game was played out is beyond me , but I guess that's why Gerrard is in charge and thank fuck for that, in Managerial  terms he is still a rookie but the progress under him is something to behold and long may it continue. 

Kick them Out. 

Weird one.....I think we were right to start Kent today, given he's done it against them before. Hagi was definitely the right player to come on though, against a tiring defence. The guy is class, no doubting it, but he needs more big game experience before starting games like today. 

That said, isn't it fucking superb to have options like this now.

Archived