Shane Duffy Highlights today

RDB14

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just absolutely astounds me that when Chris Hughton was Brighton manager he had the option of playing either Duffy or Goldson beside Lewis Dunk, and for a reason that will forevermore escape me, he decided it was a good idea to go with the white Titus Bramble and completely bomb out Goldson.

I mean, it probably helps to explain why Hughton is currently managing a shite Nottingham Forest side who are near the bottom of the Championship, whereas Connor Goldson is currently the vice-captain of a team that is well on the road to winning a league title, himself having played in several top-level European games along the way.

I think with Goldson they maybe lost faith when he had the heart defect repaired. We've taken a slight risk signing him. But he's been consistent and has shown a lot of stamina, barely missed a game since he's been here. 

Having run out of likes here, I had a quick look at their forum, there are some absolute belters over there ..                                    this from August about the duffer;

"Duffy will be our best signing in terms of getting the ten. A fantastic signing - a great window quality wise. Every signing will see a lot of first team football."

followed by;

"Magic.  
Scores the winner at Ibrox, balaclava on and machine gun salutes all round."

Deluded just doesn't cover what they suffer from

He’s fkn howling, nothing going right for him which is fabulous.  
He’s also helped himself to a tight grip of Goldsons jersey for the full passage of play at the corner goal.  
Should have been a penalty but heh-ho I’ll take wee Calum’s goal instead. 

20 hours ago, aird said:

I’d love to know what their wee in-joke was. I reckon McCann and/or Sir Walter have been utterly ripping the shite out of Duffy in the 2nd half and the comment’s popped into Emma’s head.

She’s too much of a pro to almost lose it at the mere mention of his name.

Fucking brilliant, anyway.

23 hours ago, demise said:

Remember the hype when they signed him. Big man, lots of experience, leadership. He makes Rob Kiernan sleep well at night. 

It was front page and tv news for days, thought it to be cringeworthy and playing to their masses at the time but in hindsight and on reflection of his performance to date... priceless...

Archived