The issue

ScottBF2

Great feeling today, another 3 points and beating those cunts, but the performance leaves a lot to be desired.

We’ve been in reverse gear for a couple of weeks now and hopefully this result is the catalyst. We’re sorely missing Jack and Arfield and their absence is being noticed. The cover they offer in the wide areas allows Borna and Tav to fly forward without needing to keep an eye on what’s going on behind them. Borna, especially IMO has struggled in his last few games and constantly seems to be getting targeted by the opposition.

It would take a capitulation of monumental proportions for us to toss this away, but I feel like we need to keep our eye on the ball and really kick on from this. 

Anyway, let’s enjoy tonight and look forward to a Sheep cull next week.

Performances dip, to win titles you need to go through patches you play poorly but get results which we are doing and have done. 

You don't get every game playing superb, we have been playing 2 games a week for what seems like months just now. The players will be tired and we have a couple of injuries to major players. 

We now have a full week's break and hopefully a player or two come back. 

3 points over anything else and trust the manager and players to sort the rest. 

This is the best position we have ever been in that I can rember in regards to a league title challenge at this point. We have won 2 out of 2 against them and tanked all but 2 teams home and away. 

We probably won't see form like this again for fuck knows how long. 

Enjoy it mate

Just now, the goal machine said:

Weren’t going to scud teams 4-0 every week unfortunately. And teams have adapted to how we play by trying to stop our full backs.

Most important thing is to find new ways to win which we’re absolutely doing. 

I get that, but we need to actively switch it up now. I felt the tide changing around the Braga/Standard game, didn’t mention it then as I didn’t want to tempt fate. Now is definitely the time to change our focus and fix out deficiencies. I trust in Gerrard and Beale to do that.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Performances dip, to win titles you need to go through patches you play poorly but get results which we are doing and have done. 

You don't get every game playing superb, we have been playing 2 games a week for what seems like months just now. The players will be tired and we have a couple of injuries to major players. 

This is the best position we have ever been in that I can rember in regards to a league title challenge at this point. We have won 2 out of 2 against them and tanked all but 2 teams home and away. 

Enjoy it mate

This. 

I mean, Christ, Arsenal's invincibles team had about a million draws. Our dip is not an issue, because we're winning. Winning during your dip in form is the opposite of an issue. It's a fucking dream. 

Could we sign players in the January transfer window with the knowledge that we are in a very good place to get champions league football next season. Be brave by the board but I’m sure they could do it and have a backup plan. A £10m striker would solidify our current position. 

15 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I get that, but we need to actively switch it up now. I felt the tide changing around the Braga/Standard game, didn’t mention it then as I didn’t want to tempt fate. Now is definitely the time to change our focus and fix out deficiencies. I trust in Gerrard and Beale to do that.

Don’t forget we’ve not had a free midweek in fuck knows how long. 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Ffs.....we have just won 42/42 points in the league whilst only conceding 3 goals in the process &beating the papes twice into the bargain....at this stage I'm scratching my head at what more you expect from the team:lol::confused:

It’s not about expecting more, it’s about acknowledging where we’re at and ensuring we don’t slip up. We’re where we are on merit and we’re the best team in the country, but we don’t need a repeat of the last two seasons.

Historically under Gerrard we’ve thrown it away in the second half of the year and while I don’t for one minute think we will this time, we need to focus on the areas where we’re being targeted and make ourselves more robust.

Always best to reflect on what we could do better when we’re on top than moan about it after a defeat.

Just now, the goal machine said:

Don’t forget we’ve not had a free midweek in fuck knows how long. 

Absolutely, while the papes get an extended break to add to an already hectic fixture list. 

“We know what this season means”

I keep having a wee look in here every couple of hours for a laugh and to revel in their pain. 

I keep seeing threads and posts over analysing our performance today, yet I have not seen one thread praising our 14 straight victories. 

I couldn't see us getting beat today but thought they would stop our winning run. To play so badly and still get the win ffs, that's when you really rub it in. 

Get pished, enjoy the win and let the manager and staff worry about the performance. 

With Jack and Arfield unavailable, it highlighted a weakness. Despite having a really good idea what the midfield would look like, they still couldn't break us down. To be fair, they overrun us in midfield and at at HT, Gerrard reacted successfully. It has to be said that Hagi shone while Kent was on the field. It isn't as straight forward as an either/or thing. Some are making the call that this means Hagi should start in place of Kent at Pittodrie but it is far from that simple. The formation needs to be right against Aberdeen in the same way that it needed to be today. I'm not sure Hagi would perform as well as a Kent replacement. He found space in midfield today which was afforded him by there being three up front. There's an argument for a front three of Kent, Itten and Roofe or Kent, Itten and Morelas with the midfield as it was in the second half today. Morelas is still a liability but is getting away with it of late for some reason

39 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Enjoy it mate

This.

I have been so fucking angry so often with Rangers in the last 10 years. I’m going to take the good feeling of now and run with it 

Archived