The issue

ScottBF2

Felt Aribo was so slack in possession today - couldn’t get a pass away to a team mate - and looked really laboured - however this team ( and big Joe) deserves all the praise they get over the next few days and then it’s time to get the head back in the game for the push to 55.

Agree with all of that but in fairness I think fatigue has played a part revently. We've played 2 games a week since the start of the season almost, which makes the grinding out wins all the more important. 

We've get 6 or 7 days apart between each game this month, plenty of time to recharge the batteries while keeping the momentum going. 

I don't think it's any coincidence that we've had a dip in form since the pitches have started to get a bit heavier, for the past few years we have played our best stuff when the field has been dry and suits the quick passing movement the team are capable of, also lately we haven't been playing the high press either, what I will say however is, what I do appreciate about this season is that the team as a whole believe in the system that they are playing and even if we are still struggling a little late in the game there is no sign of panic stations and they are confident that a breakthrough will occur, that alone takes some mental strength that's been missing in previous seasons and I put that down to management getting the message across and the players willing to take it on board.

Now that there are no midweek games for a while it will now give the management more time to tweak anything that they may have noticed and get us back into the kind of form we were producing earlier in the season.

Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

I get that, but we need to actively switch it up now. I felt the tide changing around the Braga/Standard game, didn’t mention it then as I didn’t want to tempt fate. Now is definitely the time to change our focus and fix out deficiencies. I trust in Gerrard and Beale to do that.

we have went through a tough month in dec with games every 3 days won them all except the cup game  also lost 1 goal i think  what more do you want lighten up for fuck sake  for all celtics possession today after the first 20 mins mcgregor never had a save to make

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Agree with all of that but in fairness I think fatigue has played a part revently. We've played 2 games a week since the start of the season almost, which makes the grinding out wins all the more important. 

We've get 6 or 7 days apart between each game this month, plenty of time to recharge the batteries while keeping the momentum going. 

I think you’ll be proven right with the fatigue, we’ve probably not had a lot of time to embed changes on the training field. Wouldn’t be surprised if we started seeing more from Zungu as he starts to get a bit more time training with the full squad and maybe finds a stride. 

There are so many positive possibilities in the next month.

We need to still treat every game now as a must win, simples.

Complacency is our main enemy now and will not be accepted.

So therefore hoping we might get a player or two in the transfer window  to bulk out our squad for potential European demands, as well as the Scottish Cup and to build on with for next season. 

Actually could not give too much of a toss about winning the Scottish Cup, as our real success this year is 55 and Europe, but would nice wee addition to the club sideboard, especially if we prevented the tims winning it. 

54 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Could we sign players in the January transfer window with the knowledge that we are in a very good place to get champions league football next season. Be brave by the board but I’m sure they could do it and have a backup plan. A £10m striker would solidify our current position. 

where will the 10m come from and name me a 10m striker we could buy

52 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Don’t forget we’ve not had a free midweek in fuck knows how long. 

This. I said in the match thread today at half time that over the past few games the team have almost looked burnt out. We've played an awful lot of football already this season and a lot of big important games, especially in Europe. Our next game is in 8 days so that should give the players proper recovery time before another big push.

Theyve been magnificent for us this season. 

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

It’s not about expecting more, it’s about acknowledging where we’re at and ensuring we don’t slip up. We’re where we are on merit and we’re the best team in the country, but we don’t need a repeat of the last two seasons.

Historically under Gerrard we’ve thrown it away in the second half of the year and while I don’t for one minute think we will this time, we need to focus on the areas where we’re being targeted and make ourselves more robust.

Always best to reflect on what we could do better when we’re on top than moan about it after a defeat.

Get that but as I've pointed earlier the previous 2 seasons was level on points and 1 point behind.....19 points is massive m8 regardless of 3 games in hand

42 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Get that but as I've pointed earlier the previous 2 seasons was level on points and 1 point behind.....19 points is massive m8 regardless of 3 games in hand

It’s fucking huge mate, I agree and almost unthinkable that we could fuck it, but let’s not leave anything to chance. We need to press on, look at where we’re weak and solidify.

It is a worry. We were absolutely atrocious in the first half, we look like we need a rest and hopefully the next 8 days gives the boys a second wind to go out and put the other hand on the trophy.

We all said we’d take a shitty 1-0 OG as long as it’s 3 points so I’m fucking taking it but performances must improve if we are to see this over the line with all our fingernails. 

45 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Id say this Aberdeen game is arguebly the most important game of the season for the simple reason that we must show that we can continue this run and not fall victim to what's happened the previous 2 seasons. 

Was it Walter who said the OF game takes care of itself. It is the game before and after you have to worry about.

Something to that affect.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Could we sign players in the January transfer window with the knowledge that we are in a very good place to get champions league football next season. Be brave by the board but I’m sure they could do it and have a backup plan. A £10m striker would solidify our current position. 

Tbh we have already done that, the CL money will be used to recoup a lot of what we have spent already 

Just watched the game back without the nerves, anticipation and dread. We were okay, not as bad as I thought at the time. We’ve played better, but they’ve probably not played better so I think we should take a lot of credit for that and thank our God of a keeper for his saves! Maybe a bit of urgency on the 50/50 balls was missing and a few passes not him getting through but there was no lack of desire. I’d like to have seen a few long range shots like Hagi and Itten attempted in the 2nd half, but otherwise, we proved how robust we are. Greg’s, Balogun, Davis, Goldson, Kamara, barasic and Tav did well I though (the latter two may not have managed the quality at the top end as they would normally but defended well - Barisic especially has learned lessons by staying tight and preventing crosses. 
The heavier conditions and fatigue could also play a part as others have said, and I’d love us to strengthen again in January just to cover for injuries or bring something fresh to the final charge to 55. Overall, I’m delighted with the team, 14 wins on the trot including two scum defeats - I don’t think we can ask for any more. Enjoy the rest of your weekend bears, it’s been helluva ride so far and it’s all looking good for us to go all the way. 

Archived