The Diamond 4-4-2

TMB

I thought we were professional. We struggled with the press at the start (a bit like Benfica) and then grew into the game. First half was a bit of a write-off but I thought second half they were tiring quite early and we were getting better. So much so, that when they got that red card I thought we'll get the 3 points here now. If celtic had been that good, even with 10 men I think we'd have found it tricky to stick or twist. We dealt with that situation and got the rewards.

I want us to play better but right now it's just getting the 3 points each time.

I also thought, whilst they were impressive in the first 30-40 minutes with the high tempo, they certainly didn't dominate the ball in our half. It felt very kick and rush, force mistakes and get shots in from distance. When we battered them in the cup final, it felt like we had full control all over the pitch, our attacks were calculated and when something didn't work, we recycled.

This season we keep answering the questions. Can we play poor and win? Yes. Can we come from behind and win? Yes. Can we break the low block? Yes. 

To not be at our best and beat that lot that had it all to play for, I think shows we've made a remarkable transition from as recent as last season.

Now we have to follow it up with another big win on Sunday.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno if anyone else has noticed but we've went back to a traditional 451 out of possession, certainly the last few games.

Usually what we do out of possession is the left and right side CM split wide and the two "tens" drop in to that vacated space, making it a five. We've went back to the 2 CM not splitting and the wide right/left track wide runners, FB/winger etc.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Dunno if anyone else has noticed but we've went back to a traditional 451 out of possession, certainly the last few games.

Usually what we do out of possession is the left and right side CM split wide and the two "tens" drop in to that vacated space, making it a five. We've went back to the 2 CM not splitting and the wide right/left track wide runners, FB/winger etc.

That’s where we miss Jack and Arfield IMO.

Aribo is an attack minded luxury player and he doesn’t have the discipline to do that sort of role even though he needs to because of where he’s playing the moment.

Just now, esquire8 said:

With all players fit? Aye possibly. But right now we are struggling big time in centre midfield. 

Available just now:

Davis

Kamara                                 Aribo

Hagi

Two of Morelos, Roofe,Itten and Defoe.

I thought celtic were good for about 25 minutes till Davis started moving them about a bit then looked pretty shite... the notion they battered is us a bit of a myth they lacked any kind of creativity and could easily have lost 3-0 despite us being pish. 

Not much interest in seeing us play a diamond we have next to no pace in our midfield. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Available just now:

Davis

Kamara                                 Aribo

Hagi

Two of Morelos, Roofe,Itten and Defoe.

Nah not for me. Seen how they tarrier fucks were breathing out their arses in the 2nd half due to the running they all had to do. Imagine Davis trying to cover them yards?

Keep to what we know best and what's worked for half the season.

Archived