Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thought that was pretty much their game plan hit us early and get something to hold on too. They had a massive chance to get a good lead yesterday due to our slow start, thought they faded massively especially in the second half. Hagi made a difference and It's crazy how one long ball outdone them and bitton got sent off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Thought that was pretty much their game plan hit us early and get something to hold on too. They had a massive chance to get a good lead yesterday due to our slow start, thought they faded massively especially in the second half. Hagi made a difference and It's crazy how one long ball outdone them and bitton got sent off.

Don't think it was crazy, it was a tactical change. Isolate the weak link drag him out of position, get him wrong side.... and the rest, as they say, is history. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Don't think it was crazy, it was a tactical change. Isolate the weak link drag him out of position, get him wrong side.... and the rest, as they say, is history. 

 

I meant crazy in more of a 'fuck sake how simple was that sense'

hawkeye likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Their best hope was to go gung-ho. They bait and switched with the diamond, matched us with 4-3-3 when attacking, pressed us high and went for it. Their plan was to go 100% for the first 30 minutes, suffocate us and play against us as we usually do against them, get a goal or two, and then shut up shop. It was high risk, high reward and they were highly motivated.

It took us a while to adapt and deal with it. Hagi coming on then gave us control. Someone on here summed us up as rope-a-dope which was apt. After the first half an hour we were never in too much danger.

Honestly, it was one of those games that i imagine looks far less stressful when you rewatch it without the anxiety. The red card shifted the momentum and we did what we needed from there, but Celtic's shot at winning the game was in the first half. After that they were clueless.

Amokachi and geneva_ger like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s a narrative that we got pumped and the red card changed the game for us, and only McGregor saved the day. 

He did have a fantastic save, and 2 you’d expect any keeper to really. They didn’t hit the target again after 21 minutes. 

The turning point was Hagi coming on. Thought we were in control from 45 mins onwards. Doesn’t make headlines though... 

I'm quite happy for them to try and paint that narrative. It means they aren't looking at thier real issues.

Their best performance in an old firm game and they couldn't win. 

The last time we beat them they struggled to find any semblance of form.

What will a defeat like yesterday do to them lol. 

Bears, murzo, graeme_4 and 1 other like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

A must win game and not a save for McGregor to make post 20mins. 0-0 at HT in a game they had to win and our goalie didn’t have a save to make in the second half.  Rightly down to 10 and should have been 9 with Calamity Shane’s challenge, after that we controlled the game. 

M-89 and bornabear like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hamie said:

Don't think it was crazy, it was a tactical change. Isolate the weak link drag him out of position, get him wrong side.... and the rest, as they say, is history. 

 

We should have been going over the top or round the corner every time we broke. That incident that led to the red card is peak Morelos imo. Strength, pace and balance leaving the defender with 2 options, let him through on goal or foul him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think we’ve properly controlled a game for several weeks now, indeed not since St Mirren put us out of the cup.

We’re giving teams far more of the ball than we did when in full flow. For the last 30 mins against both Hibs and St Mirren (league) we gave them the opportunity to put us under pressure.
 

Yesterday we struggled because the front three were so poor on the ball. 
 

As good as Kamara is I’d like to see Jack back soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That was McGregors save against Griffith’s and his second and last save of the match.

Fed up with this narrative that he was busy all day and we were lucky to win. They surprised us with the press in the first half but literally only had a few long range efforts and were unable to get in behind our well drilled defence.

Second half even before the sending off we started the better and having an extra man doesn’t automatically give you the points.

We turned it around and deserved the win no way was it a smash and grab that is being portrayed even by some Rangers fans.

Absolutely. The media appear to have missed they only had 3 shots on target and these were all in the first 20 minutes. Over the 90 they only had more shots than us in total. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I don’t think we’ve properly controlled a game for several weeks now, indeed not since St Mirren put us out of the cup.

We’re giving teams far more of the ball than we did when in full flow. For the last 30 mins against both Hibs and St Mirren (league) we gave them the opportunity to put us under pressure.
 

Yesterday we struggled because the front three were so poor on the ball. 
 

As good as Kamara is I’d like to see Jack back soon.

I think our team have done great considering the congested fixtures and not enough time to prepare against teams. The super computer always seems to give us all the harder games whilst our season is most congested.  Hopefully giving the opposition more of the ball will be rectified once our games fixtures come to a normal pace again.

Bears and plumbGER like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Absolutely. The media appear to have missed they only had 3 shots on target and these were all in the first 20 minutes. Over the 90 they only had more shots than us in total. 

Mate do you have the full match stats to hand. Any chance you could post them if you do?

Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I don’t think we’ve properly controlled a game for several weeks now, indeed not since St Mirren put us out of the cup.

We’re giving teams far more of the ball than we did when in full flow. For the last 30 mins against both Hibs and St Mirren (league) we gave them the opportunity to put us under pressure.
 

Yesterday we struggled because the front three were so poor on the ball. 
 

As good as Kamara is I’d like to see Jack back soon.

Disagree. 

They really pressed us high and wide, and we didn’t know how to deal with it. We also had zero steel in midfield. Aribo was an absolute passenger until the 2nd half. 

The front 3 were shite, but they had nothing to work with.

glasgow argyle likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

apart from 3 saves, 2 coming in the same passage of play, the only thing greegs had to do was watch christies row z shots and go get a spare ball from behind the goals.

And even one of them was offside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the reasons that we are not as solid now as say a month ago is that weve constantly played thursday-sunday. Now the EL gone for a while players will get some needed rest and hopefully we can keep the momentum. Its our to lose. 

TEFTONG likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate do you have the full match stats to hand. Any chance you could post them if you do?

Cheers 

Not very technical but they are on the bbc sports if you go to result service and go into match details. I'll try to post link but didnt want you to think I had ignored you if I fail. 

Tiger Shaw likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Disagree. 

They really pressed us high and wide, and we didn’t know how to deal with it. We also had zero steel in midfield. Aribo was an absolute passenger until the 2nd half. 

The front 3 were shite, but they had nothing to work with.

They had plenty touches, unfortunately most of them went straight back to the opposition. Itten and Hagi did more in their first few minutes than Kent and Morelos did in the entire time they were on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 03 March 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football
×
×
  • Create New...