21st minute

ElBufalo20

It's an interesting point. 

A lot of their chances were from long range shots, all of which I'd expect our GK to save. 

They were very aggressive in their press and we struggled to pass the ball. I don't agree with Gerrard's comments that we were far better in the second half, I think we still struggled in the middle of the park.

Realistically we missed two of our most influential Old Firm midfielders. We also lined up expecting celtic to come at us, which they did, but probably better than expected. We relied on our defensive resilience and it was a bit too close for comfort. 

We've turned up and played well in nearly all the previous 6 OF games, bar the Ibrox 2-0 loss. So to win the last 3 but not play anywhere near our best I'm delighted. 

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

It's an interesting point. 

A lot of their chances were from long range shots, all of which I'd expect our GK to save. 

They were very aggressive in their press and we struggled to pass the ball. I don't agree with Gerrard's comments that we were far better in the second half, I think we still struggled in the middle of the park.

Realistically we missed two of our most influential Old Firm midfielders. We also lined up expecting celtic to come at us, which they did, but probably better than expected. We relied on our defensive resilience and it was a bit too close for comfort. 

We've turned up and played well in nearly all the previous 6 OF games, bar the Ibrox 2-0 loss. So to win the last 3 but not play anywhere near our best I'm delighted. 

Their chances all came from terrible mistakes as well. They didn't cut us open at all.

I'm delighted we've won it yesterday 

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Their chances all came from terrible mistakes as well. They didn't cut us open at all.

I'm delighted we've won it yesterday 

McGregor at the start of the game cut us open, ran right through the middle of the park. 

We were bad, they were good. 

But we won - don't get me wrong I would loved to have gubbed them. But that was equally as satisfying to prove our steel in a big game like that.

We've all talked about mentality, that'll do us more good than pumping them imo.

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Screenshot_20210103-153016_Scores.jpg

51% possession surprises me!

All of this 'we controlled the game' - they didn't have a shot on target after the 25th minute (or so).

Beating them 1-0 without a shot on target is, a man sent off for rugby tackling Alfie....

It's fantastic. 

19 points clear of the rancid bastards. BEAUTIFUL.

9 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

51% possession surprises me!

All of this 'we controlled the game' - they didn't have a shot on target after the 25th minute (or so).

Beating them 1-0 without a shot on target is, a man sent off for rugby tackling Alfie....

It's fantastic. 

19 points clear of the rancid bastards. BEAUTIFUL.

Yeah there's no getting away from we were poor but their performance is being built up well beyond what it was , I don't actually mind though , let the deluded bastards think they are world beaters 

2 hours ago, Dickie said:

No mention of lennons substitutions which I thought were bizarre brown is finished,Kennedy coming on would be a better choice than Duffy and El Alamein or whatever the fuck his name is was just desperation. 

:lol: 

brown came on to try and get Morelos sent off and Duffy came on to injure.

They're playing up the "total domination" shite.

I think they gambled and put everything into the first half to try and get something to hold onto. I don't think the reason they subbed off their entire midfield was tactical, it was fatigue. McGregor, Christie, Turnbull and Soro were all replaced after sprinting around the pitch non-stop for over an hour. They threw everything they had at us and could only produce 3 attempts at goal with 2 of them hit from range, and then Shagger had nothing to do after 25 minutes. They created nothing aside from that early Edouard shot from a counter attack. Not much return for total domination.

4 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

They're playing up the "total domination" shite.

I think they gambled and put everything into the first half to try and get something to hold onto. I don't think the reason they subbed off their entire midfield was tactical, it was fatigue. McGregor, Christie, Turnbull and Soro were all replaced after sprinting around the pitch non-stop for over an hour. They threw everything they had at us and could only produce 3 attempts at goal with 2 of them hit from range, and then Shagger had nothing to do after 25 minutes. They created nothing aside from that early Edouard shot from a counter attack. Not much return for total domination.

And they knew lego didn't have the legs for that initial press, or any press now.  Walker spunking over the strength of their bench and that muppet comes on and makes a cunt of himself.  Glorious.

The way their midfield started with the press it was clear that they would be unable to maintain the intensity throughout the game.

Looking at the rerun it is fairly clear that they struggled to close down space from 55 minutes onwards in the way they had at the start of the game.  This resulted in space being created that led to the sending off.  

Basically they ran out of steam.  They threw the kitchen sink at us and put everything into the first half.  It didn’t work and ultimately the team that set up to play a match lasting 90 minutes won.

I love the fact thry feel we were shite and they were great BUT still couldn't beat us.....momentum , belief, character, balls, mentality has all shifted to our side.

If you see their faces at the end of the game they are done......long may it continue. 

I also love how Gerrard has told then about humility,  sure we can go over the top ( the fans ) and so we should but im glad the team didn't rub it in their faces unlike they did under Rogers.....its another form of showing them its another 3 points just like beating Mwell, St mirren etc. Just another way of demoralising them the right way.

17 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That was McGregors save against Griffith’s and his second and last save of the match.

Fed up with this narrative that he was busy all day and we were lucky to win. They surprised us with the press in the first half but literally only had a few long range efforts and were unable to get in behind our well drilled defence.

Second half even before the sending off we started the better and having an extra man doesn’t automatically give you the points.

We turned it around and deserved the win no way was it a smash and grab that is being portrayed even by some Rangers fans.

It’s a comforter for their club and supporters .They know ,they are on the decline but we had comments from TLB saying “ they made us look ordinary “ .Even after another loss 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Btw see on the stats , I'm just watching the second half and 56 mins tav hits a corner that's going in and barkas catches on the line , why has that not registered as a shot on target 

Yeah I don’t get that either .I’m sure someone will give us an explanation 😄

Archived