*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Roofe now missing too, I'm suddenly a bit anxious!

Can't get that Livi Away performance out my head when I look at Hagi, Alfie and Kent.

Hopefully Jack back next week to put a bit of grit in that midfield. Means a massive game on Sunday.

At the start of the season, I think most of us would have expected Kent, Morelos, and Aribo to be among our top contributors. We've only gotten this far because other players - like Arfield, Davis, and recently Hagi - have exceeded most expectations. When injuries are stacking up there's really no room for excuses: we need our 'stars' to hit their levels. 

Still have defoe and itten that can come in for Roofe. Aside from that Aberdeen are dirty hacking bastards and that means free kicks, penalties.

stick to our game plan and they'll be chances, just keep em in their half and like against celtic, a moment of madness or luck will get us a goal. 

but I dont see why folk are shiting the bed, we still have lots of goalscorers, morelos scored last week, hagi as well, itten is looking good and getting good chances. 

I do agree kent needs to pull his weight though and this game is perfect for him to raise up and shine 

58 minutes ago, chris182 said:

With Roofe now missing too, I'm suddenly a bit anxious!

Can't get that Livi Away performance out my head when I look at Hagi, Alfie and Kent.

Hopefully Jack back next week to put a bit of grit in that midfield. Means a massive game on Sunday.

Thing to remember is it was hagi, alfie and kent front 3 last time we went to Aberdeen that won. 

We do need to see improvements from Alfie and kent. Defoe and Itten on the bench Good options to have just in case. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Worried about this now especially with Roofe out. Kent and Morelos aren’t firing at all, Tav and Barisic have retreated slightly so where does the goals come from? 

Hopefully someone steps up

Bit harsh to say Tav and Barasic have retreated slightly.  Still think they are performing very well for us.

Kent and Morelos are the big issues. Really need big performances from both if we are to get 3 points. Aribo needs to step up to the plate too and convince us he can be adequate cover while Arfield is out.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Bit harsh to say Tav and Barasic have retreated slightly.  Still think they are performing very well for us.

Kent and Morelos are the big issues. Really need big performances from both if we are to get 3 points. Aribo needs to step up to the plate too and convince us he can be adequate cover while Arfield is out.

Think he means not playing like wing backs, holding a more defensive shape, rather than played poorer.

Shags

Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic  

Aribo Davis Kamara 

Itten Morelos Kent 

Hagi on for Kent if its not happening for him.

3-0 the champions elect 🇬🇧

Think Gerrard might go with Helender for this one but I would keep the defence as it was for the tarrier game. 

We still have enough quality to win this despite the players missing , will obviously be a lot more difficult though.

This is where we should see the worth of our squad depth. The fact Itten and Defoe can also come in depending on how the game is going gives us healthy options to change things up.

Midfield injuries is a worry , but if we can get through this one with a win and have Jack back for the next week then it’s looking fine again.

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think he means not playing like wing backs, holding a more defensive shape, rather than played poorer.

Think another thing to remember is opposition fully man mark Tav and Barasic to fuck so they dont get up the park. Ie That boy Mason at St mirren who shadowed Tav the whole game and added nothing. 

Teams arent stupid, they know they are massive threats but same time when they bomb up there is a gap which Jack usually fills in. 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Honestly think we need to start with Kent on the bench. 

If that means rotating a front 3 of Morelos / Itten / Hagi then so be it.

Think Gerrard will start Kent though ☹

Would like to see that front 3, looks alot more tastier than Kent, Morelos and Hagi. 

But we all know now Gerrard will not drop Kent especially in games like this.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Honestly think we need to start with Kent on the bench. 

If that means rotating a front 3 of Morelos / Itten / Hagi then so be it.

Think Gerrard will start Kent though ☹

It highlights that genuine competition for Kent’s place isn’t there. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Davis Kamara

Aribo

Morelos Defoe Kent

We are going to have alot of possession and balls into the box, Defoe could be the man for this weekend

Archived