*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

3 minutes ago, RobertN said:

I know we were controlling the game passing it about in the middle but i think we overdid it a bit

Not enough end product for the possession we had 

Side note Morelos is back Kent was good first half as well

As long as one team has the ball, the other team can't score.

Football really is a simple game.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Na man, that’s on Aribo. If Jack or Arfield were playing today, they would’ve matched his run. That’s what Aribo is there to do, in that role. 

Would say it's down to both and the management.

Tav should be sitting further back regardless. We are 2 up and have an extra man. No need for Tav to be so far pushed up.

Aribo for sleeping on his defensive duties too. Was sleeping most the match tbf.

Management for not being able to see the game out with a clean sheet by making changes and telling the players to hold back.

Bet McGregor is fucking raging in that changing room. 

I know Ally enjoys the rep of being the jolly japester loved by all, but all he’s doing is turning Rangers fans against him. Opposition fans will never love him regardless of how brown nosed he is towards them.  Boyd is schooling him on how a Rangers man should commentate - he’s doesn’t hide his allegiance but still remains honest. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Aribo was the one negative of today for me, he was invisible again. He has so much talent and ability but at times just doesn't look up for it. With a title so close you would think he'd be playing out his skin. 

Need him to be much better since Jack and Arfield are not available. 

Aye, I think there are big questions about his heart, desire and will to win. 
He could be an incredible player but too often, there’s not enough conviction in his play and tackles.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Aribo was the one negative of today for me, he was invisible again. He has so much talent and ability but at times just doesn't look up for it. With a title so close you would think he'd be playing out his skin. 

Need him to be much better since Jack and Arfield are not available. 

Frustrating as fuck, boy with loads of talent, still think he will be great. 

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Na man, that’s on Aribo. If Jack or Arfield were playing today, they would’ve matched his run. That’s what Aribo is there to do, in that role. 

Bang on with this.

Their goal comes down to Aribo not tracking his runner and basically jogging back. You can see everyone shouting at him after they score.

Thought he played ok today apart from a few misplaced passes, but definitely needs to work on his defensive duties tbh.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aribo too mate he can see the Aberdeen player running into acres of space and he's just jogging back, such bad awareness.

It's situations like that you truly see the value of Ryan Jack. 

100% on Aribo for me. 

He can see Tav and if he turns his head can see the Aberdeen player.

Jogs back - very poor. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He’s been excellent this season and it’s more than “his pals in the media” saying it though.

Your default setting is to slate him week after week even when his performances haven’t warranted it at all and even when you have no choice but to admit how well he’s played it’s like you are still doing it through gritted teeth. It very much comes across like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him and I’m willing to bet I’m not the only person who has noticed it either.

He’s been one of our most important players this season and at this point he’s a stick on to be voted into the PFA team of the year.

I havent slated him week in week out at all i praised some of his european performances. Im saying he is not consistant enough to be playing week in week out particularly when we are looking to play a high tempo game. He sucks all the pace out of our play. 

I will be first to admit i dislike davis. I would never have brought him back but i would not criticise any of our players unless i felt they deserved it. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

The media are, definitely. Especially Sportsound. Fuckers dying for us to mess up. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

The media are, definitely. Especially Sportsound. Fuckers dying for us to mess up. 

I have not listened to sportsound for about 10 years for obvious reasons or Clyde 

Archived