*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Think another thing to remember is opposition fully man mark Tav and Barasic to fuck so they dont get up the park. Ie That boy Mason at St mirren who shadowed Tav the whole game and added nothing. 

Teams arent stupid, they know they are massive threats but same time when they bomb up there is a gap which Jack usually fills in. 

That point was made by the SSB panel yesterday, teams are doing everything they can now to nullify Tav and Barisic so that leaves space elsewhere. Hope we're well up for this one

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'm hoping the 8 day rest between games helps the likes of Kent. He is due a good run of form.

I think we are due a performance from the whole team if I’m honest. Yes, we’ve won all our games since defeat in the League Cup but we haven’t been proper at it for a good few weeks now. Don’t get me wrong, I know we can’t play amazing every week but it will take a big performance from all if we want to take all three points on Sunday. Let’s not forget that these games are among the few that Aberdeen are ever up for.  

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

That point was made by the SSB panel yesterday, teams are doing everything they can now to nullify Tav and Barisic so that leaves space elsewhere. Hope we're well up for this one

This, we are adjusting at the moment to playing through the middle. Aribo and Hagi finding their feet and we should look better soon.

Mcgregor

Tavernier  Goldson Balogun Barasic

Davis

Kamara 

Haji

Itten                      Kent 

Morelos

2-0 to us 🇬🇧🇬🇧 Haji's a great passer he's better Attacking from Midfield, and with Arfield out he'd be good in that position. 

1 hour ago, Orange and Blue said:

Mcgregor

Tavernier  Goldson Balogun Barasic

Davis

Kamara 

Haji

Itten                      Kent 

Morelos

2-0 to us 🇬🇧🇬🇧 Haji's a great passer he's better Attacking from Midfield, and with Arfield out he'd be good in that position. 

No way Aribo doesn't play. 

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav   Goldson  Helander   Barisic

Aribo     Davis     Kamara

Hagi      Morelos    Kent

Itten & Zungu to have an impact at some stage.

Zungu's impact hasn't been that good. 

Sometimes have a nosey on other forums to see how they are feeling ahead of the game. Expected Aberdeen fans to be very positive and up for this one but it was very much the opposite. Don’t seem to have much hope and they can’t really see where they will get a goal from. 

Personally I fully expect a tough game with them playing like their lives depend on it , but I was quite surprised how downbeat the vast majority of Aberdeen fans on their forum were for this game.

7 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Sometimes have a nosey on other forums to see how they are feeling ahead of the game. Expected Aberdeen fans to be very positive and up for this one but it was very much the opposite. Don’t seem to have much hope and they can’t really see where they will get a goal from. 

Personally I fully expect a tough game with them playing like their lives depend on it , but I was quite surprised how downbeat the vast majority of Aberdeen fans on their forum were for this game.

They’ve been struggling for goals lately I think 

Archived