*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a massive, massive game today.

Everybody knows what has happened to us over the last two seasons and we simply cannot let it happen again, especially when we also have to go to Easter Road too in the next couple of week.

Anything other than a win today and not only does it allow people to start with the “Rangers collapse after Christmas” narrative again, it also opens the door for the filth ever so slightly and gives them the slightest glimmer of hope after we effectively killed their title challenge last weekend.

I don’t care how we do it, we just need to get out of here today with all the points.

8 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I honestly still can’t get over the fact they took down the pictures of them winning the European cup and replaced them with pictures of when they beat us at hampden a couple of seasons ago. A tinpot club with a sad tinpot mentality. Every time they play is they think it’s a cup final. 

I wonder if they ever replaced the toaster?:unsure:

Man for man, we're far better than them in every position, and unlike them, we're playing in a familiar formation.

Their usual gamelan is: counter attacking long balls, diving around the box looking for set piece opportunities, and constant tactical fouls to try and stop us playing.

I'm more worried about the refs performance here than our own tbh. 

3-0

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think this is a massive, massive game today.

Everybody knows what has happened to us over the last two seasons and we simply cannot let it happen again, especially when we also have to go to Easter Road too in the next couple of week.

Anything other than a win today and not only does it allow people to start with the “Rangers collapse after Christmas” narrative again, it also opens the door for the filth ever so slightly and gives them the slightest glimmer of hope after we effectively killed their title challenge last weekend.

I don’t care how we do it, we just need to get out of here today with all the points.

Said earlier in thread mate that's me nervous :lol:

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Worried about being overran in the midfield.

They’ve gone aggressive and attacking.

They’ve looked at the first 20 minutes last week and went for that kind of aggressive style. Hopefully we’ve worked on that this week and play around it. 

Archived