*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

13 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

I think Helander will come back in. Aberdeen don't really have that electric pace that can hurt Helander so I think he'll get the nod.

It's a big game for us. Tough place to go but win and all of a sudden the pressure ramps up on the Monday game. 

I'm strangely confident about this one and as I'm usually a nervous wreck before every game this season, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. We've been below par the past few weeks so I'm hoping a strong performance and a few goals.

I think McInnes will probably have them sit in very deep and compact against us so an early goal could really settle us down.

One of their forwards caused us problems with his pace previously. Hedges I think? Boy with the long hair. 

Anyway, whatever the team, if we are up for it, we should win this. Huge game to cement our position after winning the OF, almost equally important as Saturday itself. Just a win please

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh it's the biggest game of the season purely to show our progression from seasons past. Last year we beat celtic at parkhead and then went to killie and got best and the season went tits up.

It's a big monkey on out back and we need to shake it off. But beating the sheep (in a convincing fashion) will put us 22 pts ahead the scum and puts massive pressure on them to get a result against hibs (who should throw everything at them for making cunts of them). 

team for me

Mcgregor

Tav  Goldson Balogun Barasic

Davis Kamara Aribo

Hagi Roofe Kent

Balogun for me had a great game against the scum but helander wouldnt be the worst thing for his stregth against a phsycial side

A few comments wanting Herlander in for Balogun.

Whilst I’ve no worries about Herlander playing I thought both Balogun and Goldson were excellent on Saturday, they were the main reason the majority of the beggars chances were limited to shots from outside the box.

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

A few comments wanting Herlander in for Balogun.

Whilst I’ve no worries about Herlander playing I thought both Balogun and Goldson were excellent on Saturday, they were the main reason the majority of the beggars chances were limited to shots from outside the box.

No there isn’t..

Massive game, we win this it piles the pressure on them on Monday night to get a result especially after this trip they are on!

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Davis Kamara

Hagi

Aribo Morelos Kent

2-0 Gers 🇬🇧

This now becomes the biggest game of the season , we dont want to undo what we achieved last week . 

c.....c , and their support , will see this as their best chance to claw something back . I believe a win here will crush any fight they have left .

Let's do it . 

Only issue I have is begrudgingly playing Aribo due to the lack of numbers. The way he is playing right now I'd rather give the likes of a Dickson a starting spot. Kent should definitely not start though with hopefully Roofe available after his slight knock. 

Such an important game on Sunday against sheep. No doubt now that young Hagi should be in from the start has been an excellent creator for us. Thoroughly enjoyed Gerrard's post match press conference after New Years game. Our season properly kicks off on Sunday and the next few game are absolutely vital if we are to further strengthen our position and put EVEN MORE pressure on THEM to win their games in hand (absolutely no apologies to Hartson) :UK:

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Expecting...

McGregor

Aribo Davis Kamara 

Hagi Morelos Kent

Assuming Arfield, Jack and Roofe are all out. 

That’s the team for me too.  
With the injuries mounting up our bench is looking considerably weaker (obviously) so hopefully the weeks rest will see us ok up there.  

Just get it done Rangers, same again will do, 1-0 win ugly and put more pressure on the tramps. They think they are being fly with this Dubai pish aided and abetted by this shower at holyrood. Just keep winning and the prize will be ours.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Only issue I have is begrudgingly playing Aribo due to the lack of numbers. The way he is playing right now I'd rather give the likes of a Dickson a starting spot.

Surely this is a windup? Granted he was poor against celtic on Saturday but he’d been looking good in the games before that... 

Midfield 3 has to be Aribo, Davis, Kamara. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Only issue I have is begrudgingly playing Aribo due to the lack of numbers. The way he is playing right now I'd rather give the likes of a Dickson a starting spot. Kent should definitely not start though with hopefully Roofe available after his slight knock. 

Bit of an overreaction IMO. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Expecting...

McGregor

Aribo Davis Kamara 

Hagi Morelos Kent

Assuming Arfield, Jack and Roofe are all out. 

That's what I reckon as well. But it wouldn't surprise if it was Helander, instead of Balogun. And I wouldn't care. We've got the3 best CDs in the country.

Same team for me with Helander and Hagi starting over Balogun and Kent or Roofe (if he is injured).

Happy enough with Balogun but I just feel like he's not so good in the air and Aberdeen usually give us that sort of game.

Archived