*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Win this and at Easter Road and it’s over 

Hibs 2 stinking home results lately. Watch them turn it on against us as per. But I agree. Come out of January in the same or better position than where we are and I will start being more than quietly confident. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Hibs 2 stinking home results lately. Watch them turn it on against us as per. But I agree. Come out of January in the same or better position than where we are and I will start being more than quietly confident. 

Aye they’ll give us a game up there, they always give the tarriers a game there aswell tbf 

Cup final for the sheep, they will be hoaching to dish out our first league defeat, players will hopefully be right at it considering it's the first time in donks we've actually had a full week to prepare for a game. Hibs having their usual midseason slump but will no doubt find some sort of form when we roll into the junkie hell hole which is leith.

I’m hoping the 7 days to recover from the old firm will do wonders for us because I did think some of our players were starting to look a bit leggy. We know Aberdeen will more than likely turn in one of their best performances this weekend but I’m sure our players will be aware of this.

Take any win at all but I’m hoping for 2 nil Rangers 

I would love us to throw a curve ball to the rest of the league by altering our system, in recent weeks or style of play has been nullified a bit to the point where tav and barisic have barely been involved other than set pieces, 

Injuries to guys like arfield etc havent helped but i just feel that now other teams are fully match fit and have seen us, they kinda know how to try play us and we are looking for some genius or luck or mistakes to break the deadlock (bringing hagi on for roofe threw the tarriers on sat, kinda like that) 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I would love us to throw a curve ball to the rest of the league by altering our system, in recent weeks or style of play has been nullified a bit to the point where tav and barisic have barely been involved other than set pieces, 

Injuries to guys like arfield etc havent helped but i just feel that now other teams are fully match fit and have seen us, they kinda know how to try play us and we are looking for some genius or luck or mistakes to break the deadlock (bringing hagi on for roofe threw the tarriers on sat, kinda like that) 

We should try 2 natural wingers who go to the bye line and cross rather than two inside 10s. That type thing? 😁

On 04/01/2021 at 13:55, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d probably put Helander in, Hagi in for Kent and Aribo should be dropped but just depends on how much trust SG has in Zungu.

A midfield 3 of zungu,Kamara and Davis is very defensive.

Aribo has to play 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We should try 2 natural wingers who go to the bye line and cross rather than two inside 10s. That type thing? 😁

So are you suggesting we change the shape otherwise we are back to one forward in the box against 2 CBs and likely a defensive midfielder. We've been there before.

Really think this is the game that cements us as champions. When we go up their on sunday and come away with a convincing win its game over especially when everyone will be hoping we struggle and drop points. 

Happy for a 0-1 win 

Aberdeen...

Centre-halves - strong in the air, no pace, weak to running at them.

Full-backs - total weak-point and need attacked.

Midfield - They pack the centre and fly into anything, no natural width.

Forwards - Decent aerially, love a long shot.

Style - They'll drag you into a midfield battle which is their strength.

Conclusion -  I'd actually play Helander over Bagolun. Pace not required so much as aerial ability.

Midfield - No luxury players - I'd perhaps look at both Kamara & Zungu in there.

Up front - Need Hagi as a 10. Attack the fullbacks but keep the ball low. It may even be a game that Barker could be useful.

2 minutes ago, LucyBlue said:

Aberdeen...

Conclusion -  I'd actually play Helander over Bagolun. Pace not required so much as aerial ability.

Midfield - No luxury players - I'd perhaps look at both Kamara & Zungu in there.

Up front - Need Hagi as a 10. Attack the fullbacks but keep the ball low. It may even be a game that Barker could be useful.

Do they even use full backs against us?? Genuinely feel as tho the 5 at the back tactics they use are 5 cbs

3 minutes ago, LucyBlue said:

Aberdeen...

Refuse to believe Barker could be useful for anything 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Do they even use full backs against us?? Genuinely feel as tho the 5 at the back tactics they use are 5 cbs

True. Hence the weakness. They do play tend to play their spare centre-halves at full-back.

It was their key recruitment failure over the summer.

So get at them with pace but keep it low into the box.

Oh and Lewis isn't half the keeper he was...he's very slow getting down to low shots.

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Refuse to believe Barker could be useful for anything 

I think he'll do an ok cameo role this season.

He's not as bad as made out IMO. 

More importantly, he's something very different, in the same way Defoe is...to a defender.

Archived