Football to Continue

The Ibrox Derry

5 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Yup, I would say paranoid. I read it that they see celtic as doing something morally wrong and probably on the back of the Bolingoli incident I think their patience is wearing thin. What I can see happening is celtic being told they can't play Hibs within days of return - which would cause them major problems in terms of fixture congestion.

Appreciate most on here hate the SNP/Scottish Govt, but almost every decision they've made has been positive towards us so far - not saying that will always be the case, but I'm for giving the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise

Positive to us cause we've not taken the absolute piss.

18 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Levels of paranoia in people at the moment :headwall:

I’m not sure that’s true mate , we all said they can’t relegate hearts , they can’t relegate Partick with games in hand , they can’t promote raith when Falkirk had games in hand and would overtake them to hand Celtic a league and they did the fucking lot , the shout now is they can’t null and void it , can’t they not ? 

There was no prior history to go on really last season. Some countries did similar to what ended up happening here. To do the opposite thing this season just doesn't sound realistic. It would be either pause the season and play to completion, or else call it. 

2 hours ago, A.T.G said:

As of 13 Feb we will hit 75 per cent of matches played so if anything is gonna happen it will be before that. If we get to the 29 game stage the precedent is set. 

Wouldn’t put anything past the cunts to pull it before then. If we win all of January then expect a null and void

Is it not the case that the rule change last year to allow the league to be awarded on a PPG basis didnt take into account either the size of the point difference or the number of games played. I think it would take another rule change to be voted on to not implement PPG due to less than 75% of games played. 

55 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Positive to us cause we've not taken the absolute piss.

Absolutely.

Govt intervention has been minimal and, so far, generally even handed. People thinking the authorities are seeking to conjure up ways to help them or hurt us are letting their fears get in the way of reality.

I have far more legitimate fears of the SPFL making a c*nt of it than Govt, who I'm assuming have slightly greater issues to deal with than the outcome of the SPFL

4 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Absolutely.

Govt intervention has been minimal and, so far, generally even handed. People thinking the authorities are seeking to conjure up ways to help them or hurt us are letting their fears get in the way of reality.

I have far more legitimate fears of the SPFL making a c*nt of it than Govt, who I'm assuming have slightly greater issues to deal with than the outcome of the SPFL

Governments too busy fucking up everything else to do it to football too.

20 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

There was no prior history to go on really last season. Some countries did similar to what ended up happening here. To do the opposite thing this season just doesn't sound realistic. It would be either pause the season and play to completion, or else call it. 

How many countries did n't complete their fixtures though, I thought it was only a few that awarded titles before all games completed, Belgium and France spring to mind. 

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

How many countries did n't complete their fixtures though, I thought it was only a few that awarded titles before all games completed, Belgium and France spring to mind. 

Not that many I think yeah. My point was the decision made here wasnt completely indefensible. I didn't agree with it obviously, season should've been finished like it was in England. 

5 teams have played 22 games, I just don't see that getting nulled at any time. 

The other thing is we're going into lockdown before things are getting really bad, so there's a bit of give in the system that would mean there is less likelihood of sports getting told to stop. 

20 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Sky just issued a correction, elite sports continue!

The midden we play in up here is hardly what I would class as elite tho.

Just read Sturgeon has said celtic should be investigated over their dubai trip and pics coming out showing them clearly breaking social distancing laws.

22 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I’m not sure that’s true mate , we all said they can’t relegate hearts , they can’t relegate Partick with games in hand , they can’t promote raith when Falkirk had games in hand and would overtake them to hand Celtic a league and they did the fucking lot , the shout now is they can’t null and void it , can’t they not ? 

Some did. Others told you from the very start what was happening.

1 hour ago, stevotrueblue said:

The midden we play in up here is hardly what I would class as elite tho.

Just read Sturgeon has said celtic should be investigated over their dubai trip and pics coming out showing them clearly breaking social distancing laws.

Just seen her latest ridiculous comment on big Donald coming for a game of golf , It would not be deemed an "essential purpose" for transatlantic travel into the country.

Yet she has no problem with a plane load of taigs going to another continent then coming back in the country and straight back into leagues games.

She is a dangerous fuckin crackpot.......

On 04/01/2021 at 18:36, TartanTeddy said:

Yup, I would say paranoid. I read it that they see celtic as doing something morally wrong and probably on the back of the Bolingoli incident I think their patience is wearing thin. What I can see happening is celtic being told they can't play Hibs within days of return - which would cause them major problems in terms of fixture congestion.

Appreciate most on here hate the SNP/Scottish Govt, but almost every decision they've made has been positive towards us so far - not saying that will always be the case, but I'm for giving the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise

Fuck the SNP. 

On 04/01/2021 at 19:02, Cedrick said:

I’m not sure that’s true mate , we all said they can’t relegate hearts , they can’t relegate Partick with games in hand , they can’t promote raith when Falkirk had games in hand and would overtake them to hand celtic a league and they did the fucking lot , the shout now is they can’t null and void it , can’t they not ? 

Our response was “we will not be found wanting” a lot good that did🤔

Archived