McGregor

JamieD

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LucyBlue said:

Fucking hell.

My first is apple but not in orange....

I never mentioned you...I called out those slagging McGregor.

Did you? You've taken enough offense.

No, you called people hypocrites and when asked to name them you said you don’t remember :lol: 

No, I’ve defended him all my days on here, no offence from me. If you’re gonny call out people at least name them please.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, you called people hypocrites and when asked to name them you said you don’t remember :lol: 

No, I’ve defended him all my days on here, no offence from me. If you’re gonny call out people at least name them please.

@Winner

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You wish me to call out individuals from 8 years ago when I praised the site for not being filled with such individuals?

I didn't accuse you of being the Queen-Mother so get off your high horse.

I'm not wrong in what I said so pipe the fuck down in your faux offense.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The term henchman originally referred to one who attended a horse for his employer, that is, a horse groom. Hence, like constable and marshal, also originally stable staff, henchman became the title of a subordinate official in a royal court or noble household.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Under 30? If not then.....

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp540.gif

I saw the peak Goram years and  always thought he was incredible, but if we win 55 this year, I reckon Mcgregor deserves to be seen as out greatest ever Goalie! For me he's our player of the year so far! 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

I saw the peak Goram years and  always thought he was incredible, but if we win 55 this year, I reckon Mcgregor deserves to be seen as out greatest ever Goalie! For me he's our player of the year so far! 

He is an outstanding goalkeeper and deserves be be talked about as such, but I would say the Goalie is the best keeper out of the two. 

Taking nothing away from McGregor but the quality Goram faced week in week out was much better than what McGregor faces these days. Goram was deceptively good with the ball to feet as well.

Both absolute Rangers quality though. 

5 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

McGregor lifts 55 then he will cement 2nd place ahead of Klos and Woods but in no uncertain terms will he ever be top ahead of the goalie.

Was only a matter of time before the Goram chat. 

It's still not even a contest. Goram remains a class apart. As good as McGregor is, part of the reason he's being mentioned as comparable is the emotion of these saves getting folk carried away. 

12 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

In his first spell at the club I spoke to somebody who played with him before who basically described him as a psycho who would do anything to win. Every single competitive game in training he would give it everything to win & be absolutely livid for hours afterwards if they didn’t. 

It comes through on the ‘Rangers Mind’ episodes on RTV when you see him getting visibly angry when it looks like he might not win that. 

A born winner & everything that being a Ranger should be.

A guy I know played with him in that same reserve squad as guys like Mark Brown, Bob Malcolm, Mo Ross, Stephen Hughes, Dobbie etc and I think at youth level with Scotland as well and said he was an utter lunatic 😂 

Apparently he had a really bad wrist or hand injury early doors not long after he joined Rangers that could have really set him back and for a while Mark Brown was ahead of him but he absolutely worked his arse off to get where he is now. I think people forget he was basically second choice keeper even back in 2001/02 when he was still a pup.

Btw that crop of players from the 80/81/82 group he came through with was pretty good looking back on it:

Mark Brown, Allan McGregor, Maurice Ross, Bob Malcolm, Jimmy Gibson, Billy Gibson, Stephen Hughes, Stephen Dobbie, Stephen Carson, Peter MacDonald, Steven MacLean.

Think in the reserves they also had guys just a bit older like Charlie Miller, Derek McInnes, Scott Wilson, Barry Nicholson, Paul McKnight, Lee Feeney, Darren Fitzgerald all in and about at the same time.

@Elfideldo do you think that’s one of the best crops we have had? 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Was only a matter of time before the Goram chat. 

It's still not even a contest. Goram remains a class apart. As good as McGregor is, part of the reason he's being mentioned as comparable is the emotion of these saves getting folk carried away. 

Will always be jealous of older bears and my old man getting to see talents like Goram, Laudrup, Gazza, McCoist, Hately etc etc in real life. 

Closest I get is old videos and legends games 😅 no quite the same 

17 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

In his first spell at the club I spoke to somebody who played with him before who basically described him as a psycho who would do anything to win. Every single competitive game in training he would give it everything to win & be absolutely livid for hours afterwards if they didn’t. 

It comes through on the ‘Rangers Mind’ episodes on RTV when you see him getting visibly angry when it looks like he might not win that. 

A born winner & everything that being a Ranger should be.

Barry Ferguson and Andy Halliday have said much the same on Open Goal

Archived