C*ltc

26 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

The hype around this signing is confusing me. You would think they had signed Sergio Ramos and not a Brighton reserve player.

Is he really that good or is it purely cos he tweeted up the ra once ? 

ROI players have never excelled when they've went to celtic.

Stokes, Keane(Roy), Keane(Robbie), Mick McCarthy, Byrne, Cascarino......

All turned out to be pretty shite. The only one who was successful was Packie Bonner.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

The hype around this signing is confusing me. You would think they had signed Sergio Ramos and not a Brighton reserve player.

Is he really that good or is it purely cos he tweeted up the ra once ? 

ROI player and lifelong taig supporter. That's the only reason he's getting the big hype. 

He is an improvement on what they have. Hoping but it goes the same way as when they got Robbie Keane.

28 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

ROI player and lifelong taig supporter. That's the only reason he's getting the big hype. 

He is an improvement on what they have. Hoping but it goes the same way as when they got Robbie Keane.

Any ‘big name’ player (in their mind) is a gamble in coming to Scotland, far bigger and better have came and failed to establish themselves as their reputation would suggest or even taken time to settle. I said previously the main thinking in my mind regarding him was fan appeasement (one of their own) at a fraction of the cost, smoke and mirrors. I’ve no idea how good or bad he is as I’ve never watched him on a consistent basis and I’m not going to be duped in to believing he is (as suggested in the thread earlier a Sergio Ramos type figure) just because he plays for a mediocre ROI side and has came from a run of the mill premiership team where he couldn’t get a game. I don’t care who they sign, I still believe in a head to head we have the beating of them including him or not...

It's not wether Duffy is better than the two they have, its wether duffy can play in the spfl no bother (he can) and therefore can they sell ajer for decent money and still canter it against dung scottish teams (likely so) 

Like it or not this is a smart move from they bastards if they can get their ten mill for ajer, now the CL is gone all they care about is the 10, not the Europa

He's that good I've never heard of him up till now and he has been a premier league player. Rangers will deal with him in exactly the same way as all the big names from the Premier League who arrived at septic park, he will get put back in his box.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

He's that good I've never heard of him up till now and he has been a premier league player. Rangers will deal with him in exactly the same way as all the big names from the Premier League who arrived at septic park, he will get put back in his box.

I dont really follow EPL so had no idea who he was either 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

All turned out to be pretty shite. The only one who was successful was Packie Bonner.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Robbie Keane done well for them..

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

But because he’s saying all the right things their hordes will lap it up :lol:

The plastics from over here will absolutely lap it up mate...also not buying this pish that Brighton knocked back potential b£10 mill bids coz he wanted a loan move to that mob...

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Let's hope that trend continues with this wanker as well. :boughy:

He definitely improves them, however, I think Duffy is one of those defenders who does better in a team that likes to defend and is used to sitting deeper. In this league slow CB's get exploited as both us and them are forced to play high lines and a lot of his defending is going to be against counter attacks.

He's clearly a good player but not anything to really fear imo.

Archived