C*ltc

11 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Sparta match is irrelevant. The SC final is the one I want to see them lose, would stop any self perceived momentum on the back of a quadruple treble. The press would really turn on them.

Disagree. These are the games ye want them to win as they have zero effect on Rangers and would buy Lennon some time and breathing space, even for a short while. 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Disagree. These are the games ye want them to win as they have zero effect on Rangers and would buy Lennon some time and breathing space, even for a short while. 

Aye them bobbing along picking up 2/3 wins then dropping points consistently would be ideal 

1st title: Rangers deducted 10 points

2nd & 3rd: Rangers not in the league

4th: Took over Rodgers team with a handful of games to go

5th: Won via a Zoom call 

TLB has never won a title in a straight up race without some kind of significant advantage. Cunt cracked against Walter’s team. Keep the pressure on and will even further. 

A draw tonight gives them something to hold onto in the group does it not? Wouldn’t mind if they won but their record in Europe especially away is laughable anyway under every manager for the past 15 odd years. So hopefully they don’t ramp up the pressure on Neil Francis Lennon should they get beat

If Rangers keep the head up until the next old firm AND best them at said old firm, we could be starting next year off by being 17 points ahead of them due to the games in hand theyll have. 

pretty nice thought and if anything would spur on Lennon being sacked, itd be that. Also the added bonus off at that point it'll be a firm 8 points which means two old firms wont turn it around (like it would atm) 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

If Rangers keep the head up until the next old firm AND best them at said old firm, we could be starting next year off by being 17 points ahead of them due to the games in hand theyll have. 

pretty nice thought and if anything would spur on Lennon being sacked, itd be that. 

Imagine they drop points somehow again in the league? a possible 20 points gap by 2nd Jan... either way a possible 17 point gap is already mental

8 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

Imagine they drop points somehow again in the league? a possible 20 points gap by 2nd Jan... either way a possible 17 point gap is already mental

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time, although its hard to not look ahead weve had our fingers burnt far too often in recent times. 

17 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time, although its hard to not look ahead weve had our fingers burnt far too often in recent times. 

No doubt about it but for me and looking at the upcoming fixtures there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be going into the next old firm with maximum points.

ross county and dundee utd away both could be potentially tricky venues but still absolutely doable. 

motherwell at home sorts itself out, st johnston away which again should sort it self out. Hibs at home I wouldn't worry about since were at home and shouldve learned the lessons from the first meeting, followed by st mirren away who are 2nd bottom. 

no real problem fixtures like a kilmarnock away or such. Its a run like that i fully expect a full 18 points out of 18 and i firmly believe the club can deliver that. It is a lot of hypotheticals but to win the league its these games we need to navigate comfortably and convincingly, rotate the squad, rest players etc so when a real tricky fixture comes up or hard run of games, we'll be fine. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think many people did tbh.

It was more on them/fans throwing the towel in so early, still 3 O/F games left and 20+ games.

My concern would be they're only 5pts behind (if they win games in hand) and they've been playing shit, it feels like we should be out of sight with the way we've played.

16 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

It was more on them/fans throwing the towel in so early, still 3 O/F games left and 20+ games.

My concern would be they're only 5pts behind (if they win games in hand) and they've been playing shit, it feels like we should be out of sight with the way we've played.

We have only dropped points in 2 games even if we had one these games we wouldn’t be out of sight .

I don’t know if you can remember back to when we drew at Hibs there were many on this forum who were convinced the league was over for the season .

39 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

The difference between them and us, We still thought it possible 13pts behind with 9 games left.

I suppose that's what happens when you've been gifted the last 5 with no competition.

Did we I remember wanting the management sacked so I think that's a stretch tbh. 

The fact remained tho even at 13 points behind we mathematically could've won the title when the league was called 

1 hour ago, DerekJohnstone said:

The difference between them and us, We still thought it possible 13pts behind with 9 games left.

I suppose that's what happens when you've been gifted the last 5 with no competition.

There will be more tarriers thinking they’ll win the league than there was us last year.

League was finished tbh

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There will be more tarriers thinking they’ll win the league than there was us last year.

League was finished tbh

Whether we might have caught them or not is irrelevant.

Sport is about striving to beat your opponent assuming a fair playing field.

The opportunity to win, however unlikely, was denied to us through a mixture of coercion and corruption.

There is no comparison.

To clarify the 13 points with 9 games to go thing. We had a game in hand and still had to play them twice so 9 points out of those 13 were in our own hands. That would leave 6 games that we couldn't directly influence the outcome where we would have needed them to drop a further 4 points. When put like that while it may have been improbable for us to win the league it certainly wasn't impossible.

Obviously our form at the time wasn't great but let's not forget that the next game to be played days after the league shut down was against them. If we had won that it would have given us confidence and belief and could have dramatically changed the mindset of both teams resulting in a change of form. You only have to look at the run of results of both teams in the past few weeks since we beat them 2-0 to see how much of a bearing these games can have on team mentality. 

While it may have been highly unlikely that we would have won the league, when you look at the bigger picture I certainly hadn't thrown the towel in. 

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Whether we might have caught them or not is irrelevant.

Sport is about striving to beat your opponent assuming a fair playing field.

The opportunity to win, however unlikely, was denied to us through a mixture of coercion and corruption.

There is no comparison.

You’re talking about a complete and utter different point.

Archived