C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Well Villa down in England are fucked now with Spurs coming up & cases in general are rising in sport

Up here surely the taigs potentially having 10 players out would be classed as something? 

Look I'm hoping as much as the next cunt that it doesnt but personally I can only see it going 1 way in the next few weeks, doubt they'll (SPFL) will open up the null & void can of worms again but I certainly think there will be some sort of break.

All betting sites pulling the taigs game tomorrow aswell seems very strange 

The betting sites can’t exactly offer odds if they don’t know whether or not the tarriers will have any sort of team to put out, and if they have a team then how depleted will it be? I doubt there’s any other major reason behind it

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

The betting sites can’t exactly offer odds if they don’t know whether or not the tarriers will have any sort of team to put out, and if they have a team then how depleted will it be? I doubt there’s any other major reason behind it

Makes sense aye but they didnt pull the Villa vs Liverpool game last week when it was all going on down there, Liverpool were still 2/9 I'm sure the night before the game

Odds at kick off were 1/33 mind you once they saw the teams 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Makes sense aye but they didnt pull the Villa vs Liverpool game last week when it was all going on down there, Liverpool were still 2/9 I'm sure the night before the game

Odds at kick off were 1/33 mind you once they saw the teams 

I’m sure it was well broadcast that villa were fielding their youngsters though, all this stuff right now is happening the night before a game so how is anyone to know what’s going on

Travel Guidance 31. Where training or competition has been approved through the ‘Resumption of Performance’ sport process athletes and their coaches and/or support staff are exempt from Scottish Government Travel restrictions where they are travelling to or from the authorised activity. Exemptions do not apply otherwise.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/media/6358/resumption-of-performance-sport-combined-version-final-241220.pdf

Also

22. You’ll also need to provide written evidence from a United Kingdom or Scottish sport national governing body of your status as an international performance (elite) sportsperson or international ancillary sportsperson who has travelled to a non-exempt country or territory to compete, train or otherwise participate in a performance (elite) sports event, and that you will be continuing those activities on your return.

23. You will not need to self-isolate for 10 days, but you must observe the Resumption of Performance Sport Guidance.

24. Current Specified Competitions and Countries and Territories exempt from the requirement to self-isolate, can be found here.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/media/6358/resumption-of-performance-sport-combined-version-final-241220.pdf

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I’m sure it was well broadcast that villa were fielding their youngsters though, all this stuff right now is happening the night before a game so how is anyone to know what’s going on

True true, hope that's all it is but if the taigs do have 10 players isolating I'll be shocked if the game goes ahead & even more surprised if it's a forfeit.

Noone has any idea what's going to happen. The only thing we know for sure is there is absolutely not a chance in hell they'll be made to forfeit a match. They'd allow them to postpone and humiliate themselves with a paper thin excuse that noone will buy before they'll make them forfeit a match.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Noone has any idea what's going to happen. The only thing we know for sure is there is absolutely not a chance in hell they'll be made to forfeit a match. They'd allow them to postpone and humiliate themselves with a paper thin excuse that noone will buy before they'll make them forfeit a match.

All while playing the victim card and lying through their teeth. 

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Travel Guidance 31. Where training or competition has been approved through the ‘Resumption of Performance’ sport process athletes and their coaches and/or support staff are exempt from Scottish Government Travel restrictions where they are travelling to or from the authorised activity. Exemptions do not apply otherwise.

The activity was always authorised. The conduct whilst on the activity breached protocalls laid out by the JRG.

24 minutes ago, Graham said:

Right so done a bit of digging on this with reference to the situation at Kilmarnock and St Mirren (apparently, they have forums!)

So first port of call is obviously the government, who will need to confirm if the trip falls under elite sports training (difficult due to the photographic evidence this wasn't the sole purpose). It looks likely that they will do so and the game will be okay to go ahead from their point of view.

The next problem would then be the team they need to play. If the 10 player situation is true, then they would need to play the game, providing they meet the minimum criteria for a team, which is 8 players, including 1 goalkeeper. This would have to be within their first team playing bubble. They can only bring in youth players should they have time to be tested and brought into the bubble, which I don't think they will have. This is the reason St Mirren and Kilmarnock couldn't field youth players – no time to make the necessary arrangements. They also couldn't meet the minimum criteria and were forced to abandon the match. (St Mirren ended up getting a hearts goalie on emergency loan for the subsequent games due to the fact they had time) So c*ltics ability to play the game will be dependent on the number of players that need to isolate and if this takes them below the 8 players. I think with 10, they would be okay due to the size of their first team squad.

Now, if they can't meet the 8 player criteria and can't bring in youth in time (assuming here they also can't field a full youth squad as they won't meet the testing criteria for the SPFL games) the game would have to be abandoned/postponed. Further to this, Killie and St Mirren were then given the losses and fined due to having breached guidelines after investigation. Again, it would be hard for c*ltic to argue against this as there is photographic evidence showing they have broken guidelines and their first team coach has openly admitted there were lapses – even if their trip was allowed, they should still be operating in accordance with guidelines. The only way they would get out of 3-0 loss is if there was a complete u-turn by the SPFL.

Obviously the latter would be great, but based on what we’ve heard so far, I reckon they will field a depleted squad. How depleted is the question.

If not enough first team players, the entire youth squad would have to play like Villa and Derby this week.

1 minute ago, Clunge said:

The activity was always authorised. The conduct whilst on the activity breached protocalls laid out by the JRG.

I agree. but if you look through the conditions then question still need to be ask about how they got clearance from the SFA/SPFL..

I've updated my last post.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's going to be interesting to see what goes down. 

If they are allowed to postpone, teams like Kilmarnock and St Mirren will have much stronger cases for thier appeals against forfeit. 

I think it's going to end up going ahead but scum fc having to put out a weakened side. 

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Also

22. You’ll also need to provide written evidence from a United Kingdom or Scottish sport national governing body of your status as an international performance (elite) sportsperson or international ancillary sportsperson who has travelled to a non-exempt country or territory to compete, train or otherwise participate in a performance (elite) sports event, and that you will be continuing those activities on your return.

23. You will not need to self-isolate for 10 days, but you must observe the Resumption of Performance Sport Guidance.

24. Current Specified Competitions and Countries and Territories exempt from the requirement to self-isolate, can be found here.

Point 23. What is the guidance?

Archived