C*ltc

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s true.

Emery rates him. Going to be a fucking disaster. If Arsenal think this signing will take them forward then they may as well quit football.

I’m not sure they’ve had a decent full back since Ashley Cole, so they don’t seem to have much idea of what they’re looking for in that department.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£25m. Jesus H Christ. He really isn't that valuable, I don't believe anyone playing in this league is.

Since it is the case though, then we need to be holding out as much as possible for Alfie if silly money is on the table from EPL clubs.

Fuck this £10m malarkey that some are happy to sell at. Double it if it's an English club and then we'll talk.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bellerin is shocking.

If a hint of his pace has gone once he is back he is fucked as a footballer.

Aye, a realised how bad he is lol. I’ve had a shocker with some of the players I though we’re good at Arsenal, and Rangers as well tbf 😂

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, a realised how bad he is lol. I’ve had a shocker with some of the players I though we’re good at Arsenal, and Rangers as well tbf 😂

Sad thing is you can go through nearly every Arsenal player and all of them have major problems in their game.

Pretty damning when a 20 year old French kid who makes lots of mistakes and will probably never be capped for France is the best player at the club.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sad thing is you can go through nearly every Arsenal player and all of them have major problems in their game.

Pretty damning when a 20 year old French kid who makes lots of mistakes and will probably never be capped for France is the best player at the club.

So frustrating.

Buying Tierney just sums it up, players always end up with injury problems and they buy one with an existing recurring one.

No offense meant to anymore but he's a cripple.

Double "hernia" the week after the Scottish cup final and he ain't even back in light training yet.

Ma auld gran has better hips than him and she's had them replaced ffs.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s basically because Monreal is shite and Arsenal don’t have the cash, both to buy and pay wages, of a top top player. But surely there’s someone in the £25m range that hasn’t been shite against any quality opposition and doesn’t have a long term injury problem that could threaten their development.

I think Tierney is a great player but he’s looked out of his depth in the Champions League. He will not take a top 6 English side forward.

Honestly don’t get that.

Hes average as fuck, a handful of decent games in Europe 2 seasons ago. He’s been meh ever since. 

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Arsenal bid £25m now apparently 

If true then it’ll be interesting to see if/how they spend it. If they buy a replacement and spend the rest on a quality player or two we could be in a bit of bother.  Naturally they’ll have to find decent players but i’d prefer they kept an injury prone player rather than selling and having a huge chunk of money to play with.

If we sell Alfie I’d imagine a decent replacement is lined up, but I can’t see any more midfielders or defenders being bought. In fact i’d think the most likely course for us would be to try and buy Kent outright, which kind of feels like treading water.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If true then it’ll be interesting to see if/how they spend it. If they buy a replacement and spend the rest on a quality player or two we could be in a bit of bother.  Naturally they’ll have to find decent players but i’d prefer they kept an injury prone player rather than selling and having a huge chunk of money to play with.

If we sell Alfie I’d imagine a decent replacement is lined up, but I can’t see any more midfielders or defenders being bought. In fact i’d think the most likely course for us would be to try and buy Kent outright, which kind of feels like treading water.

The big money signings they have made recently have been bogging. £8 million on that big French dud one of the highlights 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The big money signings they have made recently have been bogging. £8 million on that big French dud one of the highlights 

Maybe, but we can’t really tell until the guy plays in Scotland. Same with Helander. I’d simply prefer they didn’t have a huge wad of cash to burn and had to root about to find bargains. Maybe they would use it on terrible players as you say, but i’d rather they didn’t have the option.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Maybe, but we can’t really tell until the guy plays in Scotland. Same with Helander. I’d simply prefer they didn’t have a huge wad of cash to burn and had to root about to find bargains. Maybe they would use it on terrible players as you say, but i’d rather they didn’t have the option.

I’d rather it too but it’s unrealistic to think our main rivals won’t have money to play with. 

We would have silly money to play with too should we sell Tav or Morelos, just the way it goes.

Money doesn’t guarantee titles as we have seen many times. A wee fat angry ginger at the helm and a squad being broken up is all positive signs for us 

Archived