C*ltc

The meltdown is so fucking fantastic; it's the gift that keeps on giving. It's escalated so quickly as well. 

Timeline of Collapse:

Rangers are dead. Jelly & Ice Cream!

I cannae see "The Rangers"? Where are they?

Ha, the Huns thought they'd catch us and collapsed.

Ha, the Huns thought they'd catch us and collapsed again.

BEST TRANSFER WINDOW EVER. WE'RE ALL SHANE DUFFY.

Ah we drew a game that's fine, we'll win the O.F.

Oh... well, we lost the O.F but we were off kilter; we'll get back to the Celtic way.

Why are we losing games consistently? We're getting pumped by everyone.

GET LENNON OUT.

FUCK SHANE DUFFY!

BROWN OUT.

GRIFFITHS OUT!

LIEWELL OUT! 

BURN PARKHEID DOWN!

Watching this meltdown  like....

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Whats the we scrote saying?

JACKIE MCNAMARA looks at Brighton, Southampton and West Ham deciding players aren’t good enough for THEM – and wonders why they are good enough for Celtic.

Ex-Parkhead captain McNamara is alarmed by what he regards an unacceptable drop in standards at his beloved club where he won everything over a decade, almost conquered Europe and made close to 350 appearances.

It’s fair to say he proved magnificent value for the bargain £600,000 paid by the late Tommy Burns to take him from Dunfermline.

But McNamara just isn’t seeing the same return from Premiership loan duo Shane Duffy and Mohamed Elyounoussi or £5 million capture Albian Ajeti.

Indeed, the blunt-talking former Scotland star doesn’t believe any of them should even be at the club – because they’re REJECTS of others.

McNamara arrived in Paradise considered to be a player on the rise and he’s adamant that should be the main criteria of the Hoops recruitment department for transfer targets.

And, for that matter, any potential manager looked at by the board.

McNamara – delivering a damning overall verdict on fans podcast 67HailHail – said: “You’re paying a fortune for Duffy to come up here on loan.

“Bitton’s a sitting midfielder – how’s he playing in front of him?

“Duffy’s an international football player for Ireland.

“There are so many things that aren’t quite right in the team.

“If you’re going to change the manager, I’d want somebody that’s on the way up. Same with the players.

“Barkas, yes, you’d argue he was on the way up.

“But the likes of Duffy, he’s not been good enough for Brighton and they’ve wanted him out.

“Ajeti at West Ham, Elyounoussi at Southampton.

“There’s three players who have not been deemed good enough at three teams in England.

“So, how are they good enough for Celtic at the moment?

“We need players who are on the way UP.

“And if you’re going to change the manager, you’d want someone on the way up as well. New ideas, freshness.”

McNamara, a quality defender for the Hoops across the back four, reckons there are ‘big questions’ of Celtic all over the pitch.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...namara/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#
And he isn’t currently impressed with full-backs Jeremie Frimpong and Diego Laxalt.

Frimpong was badly exposed at both Hibs goals on Saturday and not even Laxalt’s last gasp equaliser saved him from McNamara’s ire.

He said: “Defensively, I read some stuff from Kris Boyd about our full-backs and I agree with him.

“Our full-backs are playing as wingers, they’re getting judged as WINGERS just now.

“Our shape of the team, it’s relying on certain things in the team, rather than doing their own jobs.

“Defensively, first and foremost.

“I know we scored two goals which we were fortunate to get at the end of the game.

“But we’re conceding goals again.

“A silly penalty which was uncharacteristic of Broony; not following in, not anticipating the goalie was going to save it, or not having the confidence he was going to save it. I don’t know.

“The second goal was just schoolboy – header down, no one goes for the header, he runs in and to be fair it’s a good finish across the face.

“But it should NEVER happen.

“It’s worrying.

“Rangers are winning their games, the last few they’ve won very comfortably while we’re struggling along.

“Teams know how to play against us. Coming up against us just now would be the same.

“We’re relying too heavily on Frimpong. Last year he was doing everything and getting to the byeline. But now he’s not doing that.

“He’s getting the ball and running inside with it, on to his left foot and trying to score with a shot with his left foot.

“Frimpong needs help. He’s not the finished article.

“Laxalt’s not created an assist yet.

“I know he got the goal at the weekend – but his final ball has not been good enough.

“I was really disappointed with the performance, first half especially.

“I thought it was low and flat again.

“I think you’re just trying to put your head around it – WHY the inconsistency?

“That seems to be the biggest problem.

“I know the performance wasn’t brilliant against Motherwell. But it was better. There were signs.

“And coming back against Aberdeen.

“But it just sometimes goes back. I don’t know if its some players coming back from international duty, they’ve only had a day to work with Neil and the rest of the coaching staff.

“It just seemed very flat and predictable in the first half.

“Going through the motions, passing it side-aways and back again.

“Obviously, at 2-0 down you’d take the draw at that point. But to be honest, I couldn’t see us scoring. That was the disappointing thing.

“You’re concerned because it was the chance to close the gap and put pressure on Rangers for the Sunday game. But we’ve not being doing that and that’s what you need to do when you’re chasing, in terms of games in hand.

“Having that consistency – but they don’t seem to have that just now.

“We just don’t know what we’re going to get from the team.

“We don’t know what the best team is at the moment, the best formation, the best system, best subs, best goalkeeper, best centre-halves.

“There are so many questions about the team in general.

“You scratch your head, what is the best formation? What is the best structure?

“Neil changed it after the winter break. He went with two up, the message was clear – get forward, get crosses into the box.

“We had a goalkeeper that stopped things, we had a strong defence, you could afford to take little risks and gambles.

“Just now, we can’t. We don’t have that luxury of clean sheets.”

Archived