C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

JACKIE MCNAMARA looks at Brighton, Southampton and West Ham deciding players aren’t good enough for THEM – and wonders why they are good enough for Celtic.

Ex-Parkhead captain McNamara is alarmed by what he regards an unacceptable drop in standards at his beloved club where he won everything over a decade, almost conquered Europe and made close to 350 appearances.

It’s fair to say he proved magnificent value for the bargain £600,000 paid by the late Tommy Burns to take him from Dunfermline.

But McNamara just isn’t seeing the same return from Premiership loan duo Shane Duffy and Mohamed Elyounoussi or £5 million capture Albian Ajeti.

Indeed, the blunt-talking former Scotland star doesn’t believe any of them should even be at the club – because they’re REJECTS of others.

McNamara arrived in Paradise considered to be a player on the rise and he’s adamant that should be the main criteria of the Hoops recruitment department for transfer targets.

And, for that matter, any potential manager looked at by the board.

McNamara – delivering a damning overall verdict on fans podcast 67HailHail – said: “You’re paying a fortune for Duffy to come up here on loan.

“Bitton’s a sitting midfielder – how’s he playing in front of him?

“Duffy’s an international football player for Ireland.

“There are so many things that aren’t quite right in the team.

“If you’re going to change the manager, I’d want somebody that’s on the way up. Same with the players.

“Barkas, yes, you’d argue he was on the way up.

“But the likes of Duffy, he’s not been good enough for Brighton and they’ve wanted him out.

“Ajeti at West Ham, Elyounoussi at Southampton.

“There’s three players who have not been deemed good enough at three teams in England.

“So, how are they good enough for Celtic at the moment?

“We need players who are on the way UP.

“And if you’re going to change the manager, you’d want someone on the way up as well. New ideas, freshness.”

McNamara, a quality defender for the Hoops across the back four, reckons there are ‘big questions’ of Celtic all over the pitch.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...namara/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#
And he isn’t currently impressed with full-backs Jeremie Frimpong and Diego Laxalt.

Frimpong was badly exposed at both Hibs goals on Saturday and not even Laxalt’s last gasp equaliser saved him from McNamara’s ire.

He said: “Defensively, I read some stuff from Kris Boyd about our full-backs and I agree with him.

“Our full-backs are playing as wingers, they’re getting judged as WINGERS just now.

“Our shape of the team, it’s relying on certain things in the team, rather than doing their own jobs.

“Defensively, first and foremost.

“I know we scored two goals which we were fortunate to get at the end of the game.

“But we’re conceding goals again.

“A silly penalty which was uncharacteristic of Broony; not following in, not anticipating the goalie was going to save it, or not having the confidence he was going to save it. I don’t know.

“The second goal was just schoolboy – header down, no one goes for the header, he runs in and to be fair it’s a good finish across the face.

“But it should NEVER happen.

“It’s worrying.

“Rangers are winning their games, the last few they’ve won very comfortably while we’re struggling along.

“Teams know how to play against us. Coming up against us just now would be the same.

“We’re relying too heavily on Frimpong. Last year he was doing everything and getting to the byeline. But now he’s not doing that.

“He’s getting the ball and running inside with it, on to his left foot and trying to score with a shot with his left foot.

“Frimpong needs help. He’s not the finished article.

“Laxalt’s not created an assist yet.

“I know he got the goal at the weekend – but his final ball has not been good enough.

“I was really disappointed with the performance, first half especially.

“I thought it was low and flat again.

“I think you’re just trying to put your head around it – WHY the inconsistency?

“That seems to be the biggest problem.

“I know the performance wasn’t brilliant against Motherwell. But it was better. There were signs.

“And coming back against Aberdeen.

“But it just sometimes goes back. I don’t know if its some players coming back from international duty, they’ve only had a day to work with Neil and the rest of the coaching staff.

“It just seemed very flat and predictable in the first half.

“Going through the motions, passing it side-aways and back again.

“Obviously, at 2-0 down you’d take the draw at that point. But to be honest, I couldn’t see us scoring. That was the disappointing thing.

“You’re concerned because it was the chance to close the gap and put pressure on Rangers for the Sunday game. But we’ve not being doing that and that’s what you need to do when you’re chasing, in terms of games in hand.

“Having that consistency – but they don’t seem to have that just now.

“We just don’t know what we’re going to get from the team.

“We don’t know what the best team is at the moment, the best formation, the best system, best subs, best goalkeeper, best centre-halves.

“There are so many questions about the team in general.

“You scratch your head, what is the best formation? What is the best structure?

“Neil changed it after the winter break. He went with two up, the message was clear – get forward, get crosses into the box.

“We had a goalkeeper that stopped things, we had a strong defence, you could afford to take little risks and gambles.

“Just now, we can’t. We don’t have that luxury of clean sheets.”

That Elyounoussi cunt has probably been their best player these past couple of months too next to Christie. He's nothing amazing, but wouldn't be upset to see the back of him.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That Elyounoussi cunt has probably been their best player these past couple of months too next to Christie. He's nothing amazing, but wouldn't be upset to see the back of him.

A rather expensive loan who has managed to score against the dross in Scotland. Definitely nothing special. 

16 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

JACKIE MCNAMARA looks at Brighton, Southampton and West Ham deciding players aren’t good enough for THEM – and wonders why they are good enough for celtic.

Ex-Parkhead captain McNamara is alarmed by what he regards an unacceptable drop in standards at his beloved club where he won everything over a decade, almost conquered Europe and made close to 350 appearances.

It’s fair to say he proved magnificent value for the bargain £600,000 paid by the late Tommy Burns to take him from Dunfermline.

But McNamara just isn’t seeing the same return from Premiership loan duo Shane Duffy and Mohamed Elyounoussi or £5 million capture Albian Ajeti.

Indeed, the blunt-talking former Scotland star doesn’t believe any of them should even be at the club – because they’re REJECTS of others.

McNamara arrived in Paradise considered to be a player on the rise and he’s adamant that should be the main criteria of the Hoops recruitment department for transfer targets.

And, for that matter, any potential manager looked at by the board.

McNamara – delivering a damning overall verdict on fans podcast 67HailHail – said: “You’re paying a fortune for Duffy to come up here on loan.

“Bitton’s a sitting midfielder – how’s he playing in front of him?

“Duffy’s an international football player for Ireland.

“There are so many things that aren’t quite right in the team.

“If you’re going to change the manager, I’d want somebody that’s on the way up. Same with the players.

“Barkas, yes, you’d argue he was on the way up.

“But the likes of Duffy, he’s not been good enough for Brighton and they’ve wanted him out.

“Ajeti at West Ham, Elyounoussi at Southampton.

“There’s three players who have not been deemed good enough at three teams in England.

“So, how are they good enough for celtic at the moment?

“We need players who are on the way UP.

“And if you’re going to change the manager, you’d want someone on the way up as well. New ideas, freshness.”

McNamara, a quality defender for the Hoops across the back four, reckons there are ‘big questions’ of celtic all over the pitch.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...namara/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#
And he isn’t currently impressed with full-backs Jeremie Frimpong and Diego Laxalt.

Frimpong was badly exposed at both Hibs goals on Saturday and not even Laxalt’s last gasp equaliser saved him from McNamara’s ire.

He said: “Defensively, I read some stuff from Kris Boyd about our full-backs and I agree with him.

“Our full-backs are playing as wingers, they’re getting judged as WINGERS just now.

“Our shape of the team, it’s relying on certain things in the team, rather than doing their own jobs.

“Defensively, first and foremost.

“I know we scored two goals which we were fortunate to get at the end of the game.

“But we’re conceding goals again.

“A silly penalty which was uncharacteristic of Broony; not following in, not anticipating the goalie was going to save it, or not having the confidence he was going to save it. I don’t know.

“The second goal was just schoolboy – header down, no one goes for the header, he runs in and to be fair it’s a good finish across the face.

“But it should NEVER happen.

“It’s worrying.

“Rangers are winning their games, the last few they’ve won very comfortably while we’re struggling along.

“Teams know how to play against us. Coming up against us just now would be the same.

“We’re relying too heavily on Frimpong. Last year he was doing everything and getting to the byeline. But now he’s not doing that.

“He’s getting the ball and running inside with it, on to his left foot and trying to score with a shot with his left foot.

“Frimpong needs help. He’s not the finished article.

“Laxalt’s not created an assist yet.

“I know he got the goal at the weekend – but his final ball has not been good enough.

“I was really disappointed with the performance, first half especially.

“I thought it was low and flat again.

“I think you’re just trying to put your head around it – WHY the inconsistency?

“That seems to be the biggest problem.

“I know the performance wasn’t brilliant against Motherwell. But it was better. There were signs.

“And coming back against Aberdeen.

“But it just sometimes goes back. I don’t know if its some players coming back from international duty, they’ve only had a day to work with Neil and the rest of the coaching staff.

“It just seemed very flat and predictable in the first half.

“Going through the motions, passing it side-aways and back again.

“Obviously, at 2-0 down you’d take the draw at that point. But to be honest, I couldn’t see us scoring. That was the disappointing thing.

“You’re concerned because it was the chance to close the gap and put pressure on Rangers for the Sunday game. But we’ve not being doing that and that’s what you need to do when you’re chasing, in terms of games in hand.

“Having that consistency – but they don’t seem to have that just now.

“We just don’t know what we’re going to get from the team.

“We don’t know what the best team is at the moment, the best formation, the best system, best subs, best goalkeeper, best centre-halves.

“There are so many questions about the team in general.

“You scratch your head, what is the best formation? What is the best structure?

“Neil changed it after the winter break. He went with two up, the message was clear – get forward, get crosses into the box.

“We had a goalkeeper that stopped things, we had a strong defence, you could afford to take little risks and gambles.

“Just now, we can’t. We don’t have that luxury of clean sheets.”

That’s not even a good post :lol:

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

He’s been there for over a year now ,Hardly played last year .Another indication of poor recruitment . 

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A rather expensive loan who has managed to score against the dross in Scotland. Definitely nothing special. 

He's scored a few for them in Europe.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

He’s been there for over a year now ,Hardly played last year .Another indication of poor recruitment . 

I know but Edouard was the main man for them last year and most of last season, apart from the last few months, they played 1 upfront. A lot of our players were shite or ineffective last year. I'd be happy to see him sent back to Southampton. He's not the best player, but he's a neat finisher.

Just now, Ayrblue1 said:

😂 With the clash ‘should I stay or should I go’ played over the proceedings 

Just realised I fucked it, If Clyde turn up the night they’ll be 24hrs too early, Need to calm myself down I’m getting far too excited at their pain 😂

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Just realised I fucked it, If Clyde turn up the night they’ll be 24hrs too early, Need to calm myself down I’m getting far too excited at their pain 😂

😂😂

aye but they could at least preview the big fight, give odds out etc and get the build up brewing

10 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

He's scored a few for them in Europe.

I know but Edouard was the main man for them last year and most of last season, apart from the last few months, they played 1 upfront. A lot of our players were shite or ineffective last year. I'd be happy to see him sent back to Southampton. He's not the best player, but he's a neat finisher.

That wasn’t the point I was making .He was there all last year and showed nothing .He won’t be a cheap loan deal ,they can’t be looking very hard for new players .That’s why they spunked 10m on a Goalie and a striker who are stuck on the bench

Just now, magic8ball said:

That wasn’t the point I was making .He was there all last year and showed nothing .He won’t be a cheap loan deal ,they can’t be looking very hard for new players .That’s why they spunked 10m on a Goalie and a striker who are stuck on the bench

I know the point you were making, that's why I mentioned some our players were ineffective last year too but now doing well for us. He will be expensive tho. 

I think Southampton paid 15-16-million for him, so I'd be amazed if the deal wasn't similar to Duffy (i.e a heafty loan fee, x2 for both seasons and about 40k a week in wages).

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I just seen the wee specky cunt on loan from milan is 27yo, no fucking way the wee cunt would struggle to get into a pg rated film with they specs on lol

Thing is, that Laxalt (and Frimpong too) to the untrained eye they look alright - by that I mean they are lively, get up and down the flanks and confident with the ball at their feet and all that that positive stuff.

But if you take a wee minute and look beyond that, their end product is absolutely zero. Their crosses go everywhere (despite getting in good positions), they leave the Celtic defence heavily exploited and they literally can't defend.

Can see why they like them so much, but anyone with a brain will know exactly why they're rank-rotten for what they're actually needed for/the job they're supposed to do. 

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Thing is, that Laxalt (and Frimpong too) to the untrained eye they look alright - by that I mean they are lively, get up and down the flanks and confident with the ball at their feet and all that that positive stuff.

But if you take a wee minute and look beyond that, their end product is absolutely zero. Their crosses go everywhere (despite getting in good positions), they leave the celtic defence heavily exploited and they literally can't defend.

Can see why they like them so much, but anyone with a brain will know exactly why they're rank-rotten for what they're actually needed for/the job they're supposed to do. 

Ping pong is worth 50m though 😄

Your bang on about their full backs ,Almost identical to ours except ours are deadly with their final ball ,score goals too and can defend to an extent 😁

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Look at his wage increase, if true that’s mental. 

A58E6E24-F1D7-4B76-865E-0D887C8ACC40.jpeg

There was always something fishy with that signing .When he first left Australia it was reported that Man City and the taigs had entered into a joint deal to sign the player .Pretty sure it was Keech that reported it and was forced to retract his statement as it involved dual ownership of a player .

But he ends up on loan at them anyway for 2 years .Don’t think he played a minute though due to doing his knee in .

Archived