C*ltc

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’re talking about a complete and utter different point.

You said “the league was finished”

It was not.

It was highly unlikely but still possible. As I recall, it was actually possible for Rangers to win the league with a margin in double figures, again highly unlikely.

Sport should never be about rewarding probable winners.

Prizes should be earned - or withdrawn if a contest cannot be completed.

What happened last season was naked corruption, awarding a title on a cockamamie half-arsed scheme dreamt up by the beneficiaries.

Made the game in this country even more of a laughing stock.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

You said “the league was finished”

It was not.

It was highly unlikely but still possible. As I recall, it was actually possible for Rangers to win the league with a margin in double figures, again highly unlikely.

Sport should never be about rewarding probable winners.

Prizes should be earned - or withdrawn if a contest cannot be completed.

What happened last season was naked corruption, awarding a title on a cockamamie half-arsed scheme dreamt up by the beneficiaries.

Made the game in this country even more of a laughing stock.

It was, imo.

We were never winning that league and the majority thought it. 

Some Tarriers will think this league is finished, it’s not yet. 

We’re not talking about how it was won, it’s about the opinion of fans on whether or not the race is finished.

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

No doubt about it but for me and looking at the upcoming fixtures there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be going into the next old firm with maximum points.

ross county and dundee utd away both could be potentially tricky venues but still absolutely doable. 

motherwell at home sorts itself out, st johnston away which again should sort it self out. Hibs at home I wouldn't worry about since were at home and shouldve learned the lessons from the first meeting, followed by st mirren away who are 2nd bottom. 

no real problem fixtures like a kilmarnock away or such. Its a run like that i fully expect a full 18 points out of 18 and i firmly believe the club can deliver that. It is a lot of hypotheticals but to win the league its these games we need to navigate comfortably and convincingly, rotate the squad, rest players etc so when a real tricky fixture comes up or hard run of games, we'll be fine. 

Imo they only tricky tie is going top Dundee United away but a team we should beat comfortably

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Ross county and Dundee United coaches both out defending lennon,why? I suppose it’s part of the celtic pr roll out but why would you feel it appropriate to discuss what’s happening at other clubs.

tlb will be apoplectic as we know he hates folk talking about other teams

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Last season when we won 2-1 there they went on to win 11 domestic games in a row. Drew at Livi and then hammered St Mirren 5-0 before it all stopped. I still stand by that the league should have been completed in July-August, null and void or standings stay for European purposes only. However there was absolutely no evidence to suggest they would have folded and a huge factor being ignored is that we were certainly not winning 9 games in a row! 

Unfortunately we were never doing it, as much as my heart would have wanted us to. Our form was poor at the time the league ended. 

Absolutely no reason why the league couldn't have resumed in July👍

3 hours ago, Dickie said:

Ross county and Dundee United coaches both out defending lennon,why? I suppose it’s part of the celtic pr roll out but why would you feel it appropriate to discuss what’s happening at other clubs.

9/10 most Managers will support other Managers in the press of there is discussion about them getting the sack.

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

No doubt about it but for me and looking at the upcoming fixtures there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be going into the next old firm with maximum points.

ross county and dundee utd away both could be potentially tricky venues but still absolutely doable. 

motherwell at home sorts itself out, st johnston away which again should sort it self out. Hibs at home I wouldn't worry about since were at home and shouldve learned the lessons from the first meeting, followed by st mirren away who are 2nd bottom. 

no real problem fixtures like a kilmarnock away or such. Its a run like that i fully expect a full 18 points out of 18 and i firmly believe the club can deliver that. It is a lot of hypotheticals but to win the league its these games we need to navigate comfortably and convincingly, rotate the squad, rest players etc so when a real tricky fixture comes up or hard run of games, we'll be fine. 

Think St Johnstone away is probably our most difficult game coming up, they’re in decent form just now, still fully expect a win though. 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It was, imo.

We were never winning that league and the majority thought it. 

Some Tarriers will think this league is finished, it’s not yet. 

We’re not talking about how it was won, it’s about the opinion of fans on whether or not the race is finished.

I think you needed to play that old firm game to really know if it was over.

Usually I do actually want them to win in Europe for the coefficient (them giving us automatic CL spots would be lovely) but in this instance I think a continuation of the implosion and a further crash in morale/confidence would be far more beneficial. Another loss tonight and pressure is going to be unreal there.

As always I'll just watch the game, see the result and pick the positive spin on it but leaning towards hoping they get humped tonight 

Just now, Broxi said:

Usually I do actually want them to win in Europe for the coefficient (them giving us automatic CL spots would be lovely) but in this instance I think a continuation of the implosion and a further crash in morale/confidence would be far more beneficial. Another loss tonight and pressure is going to be unreal there.

As always I'll just watch the game, see the result and pick the positive spin on it but leaning towards hoping they get humped tonight 

You're a worstcunt honestly.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

You're a worstcunt honestly.

Them winning helps us. Benefit to Rangers always outweighs negative to them.

A worst cunt would be those trying to abuse our own players in the street or PMing members asking for a fight :tu:

Archived