6 hours ago, frenv said:

Why would someone want to come in now with the team bottom of their Europa group and running behind in an infamously two-horse league? The 'failure' becomes theirs in the eyes of many of the fans - I don't see what they 'get' from it, just as Lennon won't walk as he knows he's not getting offered anything again any time soon. If he's punted (it is supposedly still a yearly rolling contract, so not much cost to that), I can easily see Kennedy being put in place for the season.

A few of their key/worth-money players are now in nearing the last 18 months of their contracts, so will be punted in January or the Summer if they can be (full-on high-fives for any of them who cling on until they can sign elsewhere on a pre-contract though). Three regular first teamers go back home in the summer once their loan period ends, and Brown gets to retire under a rock somewhere if the fans continue turning on him. They really need to bring in as much as possible from any player sales and get to spend it on new players, but they also happen to have the potential outcome and fallout of their sordid history finally getting to court sooner rather than later too - arriving when they're at a financial low and season book sales are looking grim would be well deserved for something they've kicked down the road and buried as much as they can.

The only way to improve all that would be for someone else to somehow sneak second place in the league, thus taking away the chance of that second CL spot. If Carlberg & Karma done a 2020/2021 season...

I get what you're saying mate, but Celtic (same way we are even at our worst) is still a big draw and an interesting challenge for a lot of managers. A bad campaign doesn't change that. If they get rid of Lennon there will be a lot of good names interested but the hilarious thing is the decision making at that club means they'll end up with Moyes, Strachan, Coyle or Lambert - which will be absolutely epic.

bluemc likes this
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Big Kris Boyd nails them again.    I CAN just picture Gerry McCulloch and everyone else in the celtic media department now. “That was great, Peter. You’ve got that spot-on.” “You th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbh i think that’ll be the end of the them dropping points in the league until we play them. 4 of their next 5 at home and the one away is Hamilton. 

Wouldn’t mind a wee draw in there but if we focus on our 6 until the OF and take that as well we’ll be very close

With the January window around the corner I think they'll go for it massively in that window. I can see DD funding a hoast of signings to try and win 10. 

They are scumbags but they'll know it's approaching the point of no return. Shit or get off the toilet time. 

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

With the January window around the corner I think they'll go for it massively in that window. I can see DD funding a hoast of signings to try and win 10. 

They are scumbags but they'll know it's approaching the point of no return. Shit or get off the toilet time. 

This. If they don't close the gap before then, or we beat them at Ibrox they will throw money at it. The last roll of the dice before they crumble hopefully.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Hopefully no at the level of duffy or you'll hyperventilate 

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

They’re losing just over £500k a week/£2 million a month just now.

i’m not sure under these circumstances that they’ll spend anything bar mibbe wages for a loan or two.

TamCoopz and CoatbridgeBear like this
3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Gordon parks not deviating from his the taigs have the better squad article he done only 2 weeks ago in todays Monday jury in the record :lol:

They must just be really unlucky then..?? 

And in turn our Rangers squad is just jammy :troll:

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Desmond isnt funding a thing, he's not interested in pumping money in there, especially given what they already spend 

Agreed, they have spent big to get to this stage, even if they found the money (which I don’t think they will) what sane board member would entrust their scouting department or manager to bring in anyone decent when you look at the money spent on the recent car-crashes they have recruited...

47 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Strachan seems to be the main guy to replace grenade teeth according to twitter. 

They seem to think they will be able to get Strachan back on a temporary basis until the end of the season.

Why would Strachan take that job? He isn't a celtic man. He was hounded out of that club before. Why would he take a short-term job that could effectively end his managerial career in Scotland if he is the one who fails to get the 10? I'm sure he won't be short of a pound. 

Only way I could see him taking it is if they give him it a 2 or 3 year contract

BridgeIsBlue likes this
9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

they have the chance to win a quadruple treble in a few weeks and yet they want every cunt sacked.

Their quadruple treble is now tainted and meaningless, paint it with all the flowers that they like but they know it. Saying that, on recent performances its not a given that they will win that game...