C*ltc

8 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

TLB spunked all that cash on absolute donkeys and got them smashed out of Europe as early as possible so that they wouldn't have the funds left to sack him. Change my mind.

They spent big in the summer and I think COVID and a lack of crowds has lasted longer than they anticipated.  They’re more likely to sell than buy IMO.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

I would guess that they can't afford to fire him and hire someone else.

I also think no half decent manager will take the job. No way they haven't put stuff out to agents to see who's available. 

I'm quite happy for them to pretend everything is fine and they all back Lennon. It will only get worse. 

2 hours ago, Bill8972 said:

From Czech newspaper.

“celtic...confirmed that it is the weakest of the three Spartan rivals in Group H.” They would also describe the visitors’ approach to defending as “bohemian”. The description of the fourth goal reads: “At the very end, the Balkan drip, substitute Srdjan Plavšič, danced by a completely scattered defence of the guests and gave the result its final form.”

New nickname for Celtc defenders   " THE INVISIBLES "   :-))

Got to assume that they will beat Ross County, likely win their league games in December and add a Scottish Cup - that will likely keep him in a job, and once you're through the transfer window in Jan there's no way he will be replaced before the end of the season.

If they continue to decline and lose any relevant domestic games then he might force their hand but there probably won't be many wanting the job if they have gone further behind us and if we are distancing ourselves in the league.

If he did go, then who are the likely options?? - O'Neil might be the obvious choice, Jack Ross, Eddie Howe or they could go down the McCoist route and opt for Henrik Larsson. 

End of the day, the league is up us and how we play - but will be interesting to see what plays out across the city over the next month so

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

I don't know what they're thinking with Lawell and Desmond but I guess they are totally obsessed with 10iar to the exclusion of even European football. They must have assumed they will win their 2 games in hand to get 5 points behind us and then they assumed their usual 2nd half of the season charge and then they assumed we will slip up again.

I think others would call that complacency.

Long may it continue. :smokingcowboy:

Consensus of the tims the now seem to be that the next old firm will decide the league, have to say am quite inclined to agree to an extent. 

although I believe we can take a draw possibly a loss and still be in a better postion. If they lose it though its a massive possibly 17 (8 disregarding games in ahbd) points to catch up on at that point and two old firm wins wouldn't even get that 

12 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Consensus of the tims the now seem to be that the next old firm will decide the league, have to say am quite inclined to agree to an extent. 

although I believe we can take a draw possibly a loss and still be in a better postion. If they lose it though its a massive possibly 17 (8 disregarding games in ahbd) points to catch up on at that point and two old firm wins wouldn't even get that 

Stating the obvious I know but we just need to keep racking up the wins one at a time and keep piling on the pressure.

An off day for us dropping 3 points and they're right back in it.

They should have dropped far more points than they have but have snuck late wins and draws when they've been absolutely pish, yet win their games in hand and they're only 5 behind.

We're in a great position no doubt but I'm not liking how many of us think it's won already.

Archived