C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Prso's headband said:

I think it’s the manager all day long. they have some good players and they’d respond to someone coming in. The manager is 100% the issue. I just want him to be there long enough that it’s too far out their reach

The only thing that makes me think a wee bit differently regarding the potential bounce with them getting a new manager is that there is still a hell of a lot of pressure on them if that happens.

The new manager would be under pressure to win the 10*, and the players will still be looking at the league table and how far behind they are, and how fragile their team has been proven to be.

I think it will take a lot to galvanise that team, and I'm no too sure just a new manager will achieve that with all that's going on.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They are having a similar season to us in 97/98. Awful in Europe, struggling domestically and hopefully put out 1-0 in the League Cup at home.

Like a voodoo spell when you're going for 10. Only difference is we are miles better than that Celtic squad that stopped our 10

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

There is no guarantee he will get sacked if they lose today ,It’s likely but not an absolute cert 

I honestly don’t think they have the money to sack him and bring in a new management team or he’d be gone, if he goes it’s Kennedy till end season imo 

1 minute ago, Swally said:

The only thing that makes me think a wee bit differently regarding the potential bounce with them getting a new manager is that there is still a hell of a lot of pressure on them if that happens.

The new manager would be under pressure to win the 10*, and the players will still be looking at the league table and how far behind they are, and how fragile their team has been proven to be.

I think it will take a lot to galvanise that team, and I'm no too sure just a new manager will achieve that with all that's going on.

There’s no fear factor for teams now either which is a massive difference, teams were beaten before a ball was kicked in recent seasons 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

There’s no fear factor for teams now either which is a massive difference, teams were beaten before a ball was kicked in recent seasons 

definitely mate, players aren't standing by watching them play now, they're smelling blood

1 minute ago, Swally said:

Would any new manager except the role, knowing he'd be walking into immense fan pressure and having to work with someone else's choice of players?

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Doesn’t matter who it always happens across football. Just want him there long enough that any new manager coming in can only think of next season. If anyone deserves to be manager of them when we win the title it’s this cunt

Aye, we'll see. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Would any new manager except the role, knowing he'd be walking into immense fan pressure and having to work with someone else's choice of players?

I don't think so sweetheart, I was saying something along the same lines a couple of weeks back. Who'd want to come in and most probably be the manager that lost the 10*?

It's a poisoned chalice, and like you say they're unlikely to be spending money on players. Any manager looking in will not be impressed looking at the current crop of players, no matter their previous achievements. 

Archived