C*ltc

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ally not missing them :lol:

Rangers hero Ally McCoist has branded the celtic supporters who protested for the sacking of Neil Lennon as "nutcases".

Hundreds of Hoops supporters gathered outside Parkhead as Neil Lennon's side suffered a shock defeat to Ross County in the Betfred Cup.

Fans demanded Lennon’s exit while a large number of police officers formed a human shield as the players exited in convoy.

McCoist watched on from afar as he was on pundit duties for Premier Sports at the Falkirk Stadium. But he admits he was 'embarrased' for those who were involved.

He told talkSPORT: "There were outrageous scenes after the game.

"There not supporters, I nearly called them supporters, that's exactly the one thing they are not.

"They completely embarrassed themselves with some of their behaviour, throwing fences at police vehicles.

"I don't think I've seen anything like that in this country to tell you the truth, you sometimes see it when it's Turkey and Italy.

"It was absolutely shocking, an embarrassment, they really were, it goes without saying we can do without that."

He added: "The first thing they were doing was breaking the social distancing rules.

"Not a lot shocks you nowadays, while we were working at the Rangers game there was video video footage sent through, you know what it's like. The world is such a small place nowadays.

"If you're not watching it live, you're seeing it withing a minute.

"It left a really bad taste in our mouths watching it, you couldn't help but think of the players and Neil Lennon and people like that.

"Listen, these weren't celtic supporters, they were just nutcases, idiots, an embarrassment to the country never mind anything else."

Not really. They are celtic supporters. 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Rangers hero Ally McCoist has branded the Celtic supporters who protested for the sacking of Neil Lennon as "nutcases".

Hundreds of Hoops supporters gathered outside Parkhead as Neil Lennon's side suffered a shock defeat to Ross County in the Betfred Cup.

Fans demanded Lennon’s exit while a large number of police officers formed a human shield as the players exited in convoy.

McCoist watched on from afar as he was on pundit duties for Premier Sports at the Falkirk Stadium. But he admits he was 'embarrased' for those who were involved.

"There not supporters, I nearly called them supporters, that's exactly the one thing they are not.

"They completely embarrassed themselves with some of their behaviour, throwing fences at police vehicles.

"I don't think I've seen anything like that in this country to tell you the truth, you sometimes see it when it's Turkey and Italy.

"It was absolutely shocking, an embarrassment, they really were, it goes without saying we can do without that."

He added: "The first thing they were doing was breaking the social distancing rules.

"Not a lot shocks you nowadays, while we were working at the Rangers game there was video video footage sent through, you know what it's like. The world is such a small place nowadays.

"It left a really bad taste in our mouths watching it, you couldn't help but think of the players and Neil Lennon and people like that.

"Listen, these weren't Celtic supporters, they were just nutcases, idiots, an embarrassment to the country never mind anything else."

Hmm, he’s entitled to his view but not for me 

It’s trotted out all to often ‘they aren’t Celtic supporters’ 

Yes they are, that’s exactly what they are. 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

She wasnt roller blading but was on her bike and pushed right off by the GB. Laxative said she won’t be back as was raging as one of the stabilisers snapped off. 

B220344B-29FE-425A-BE2D-5199CB231B0B.jpeg

😂

2 minutes ago, markem said:

Hmm, he’s entitled to his view but not for me 

It’s trotted out all to often ‘they aren’t Celtic supporters’ 

Yes they are, that’s exactly what they are. 

Exactly. 

I get the sentiment Ally is making there, they aren't real fans etc, but that's exactly what they are. They do represent their support. Ally is just used to fans with a bit of dignity. They have none.

There were high hundreds if not a thousand or two of them there, not just a dozen or so nutters like some are trying to say.

Glad that he pulls no punches other than that. 

I don't buy into the whole a manager wouldn't want to join them thing, they would, loads would, a lot of people are out of work etc and would see it as a chance to enhance their reputation. 

The issue for them is their board simply couldn't have seen this coming. I can see them hanging it out and hanging it out and looking for a candidate, they have then waited until it has maybe got away from them and then trying to use Lennon and boot a lot of the squad and claim them all as wasters as Collateral Damage to keep their own place in tact. 

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't buy into the whole a manager wouldn't want to join them thing, they would, loads would, a lot of people are out of work etc and would see it as a chance to enhance their reputation. 

The issue for them is their board simply couldn't have seen this coming. I can see them hanging it out and hanging it out and looking for a candidate, they have then waited until it has maybe got away from them and then trying to use Lennon and boot a lot of the squad and claim them all as wasters as Collateral Damage to keep their own place in tact. 

Agreed. They'd have no shortage of applicants.

Don't get me wrong, if they've their heart set on a Martinez or Pochettino then they can think again but there's going to be hundreds of applications for the job. 

There will be suitable people out there, but knowing the way they are currently run they will end up appointing Roy Keane, Gordan Strachan, Alan Stubbs, Paul Lambert or Owen Coyle - especially if it's an interim until the end of the season, or even John Kennedy takeover role - which would be epic.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Don't get me wrong, if they've their heart set on a Martinez or Pochettino then they can think again but there's going to be hundreds of applications for the job. 

There will be suitable people out there, but knowing the way they are currently run they will end up appointing Roy Keane, Gordan Strachan, Alan Stubbs, Paul Lambert or Owen Coyle - especially if it's an interim until the end of the season, or even John Kennedy takeover role - which would be epic.

Can see stubbs getting the job tbf

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Rangers hero Ally McCoist has branded the Celtic supporters who protested for the sacking of Neil Lennon as "nutcases".

"Listen, these weren't Celtic supporters, they were just nutcases, idiots, an embarrassment to the country never mind anything else."

Ally, they WERE scum supporters. No 2 ways about it. Yes, nutcases and idiots who are consumed by this 10 in a row. It never left a bad taste for me as this is the way they are. It IS an embarrassment, but not shocking at all. This is what these clowns aspire to. Scum club with scum support. Fuck them especially after what they tried to do to us. Ally, sometimes it’s best to say nothing. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Agree there.

The thing is, last night's events are a culmination of getting their own way for most of the last decade, and a board and club who have bent to their every whim. Everything has to be 'irish', everything is designed to placate their hordes. Duffy being the latest of them. Only reason they brought him in is because he is one of them. Rodgers was a coup for them, but instead of building upon that, they went for one of their own. Arrogance and a massive mistake.

I hope they continue down this road and appoint one of their own rather than look at the bigger picture. It's a road to ruin and one I am loving. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Think it would take a defeat to St Johnston for him to be sacked. 

Even their coming tanking at Milan will not do it. 

AC Milan is a free hit for them as they're out of Europe, expected to lose so if they get something it's a bonus for them.

I said last night at full-time if he's not sacked by the morning then IMO he's getting until the January Old Firm game. If we win and extend he'll be gone then and it gives the new guy half a chance with the January window to try and fix some issues. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

AC Milan is a free hit for them as they're out of Europe, expected to lose so if they get something it's a bonus for them.

I said last night at full-time if he's not sacked by the morning then IMO he's getting until the January Old Firm game. If we win and extend he'll be gone then and it gives the new guy half a chance with the January window to try and fix some issues. 

They’re getting pumped in Milan, no doubt 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Aye, the more the day goes on, the more hopeful i am.

I'm working from home doing budgets and mind numbing shit, but checking this thread every 15 minutes in a panic just in case :lol:

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ll get it in just now:

Gordon Strapon 

😂😂

I think Strachan is honest enough that he would look at them and decide if he could or couldn't turn them around. He isn't one of them, so would be quite objective. 

I don't think he would want the hassles that go with that job at the minute. Money talks though, so will see 😂

Archived