C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't going to spend much in January unless they sell IMO, similar to us. 

I'd be astonished if they went out and bought quality for £5-6m , plus their issue is that the problems lie all over their team, not in any one position. They spent £5m on a keeper who is awful. They are paying Duffy huge money to be here and if they send him back will need to pay a termination fee you'd imagine

They bought Turnbull for £3m and he can't get a game. Which positions are they going to spend big in to sort their problems out? 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If Lennon's talking about January signings then (IMO) he's been given some cast-iron assurances he's going nowhere this season. 

It might not be delusion from him. He knew he was on a shaky peg the other night and wouldn't be so stupid to just take for granted all is ok unless he's had an indication. 

He's a lot of things but stupid? I'm not so sure.

It could be he has had assurances but there’s also got to be a cut off point where change is a must .

For me him talking about future signings is something he needs to do wether he has assurances or not .With any job no you need to be doing it with a belief that your going to be doing the job for the foreseeable future .In his case he also needs to be showing leadership to the team .

Plenty sound bites coming from players about being 100pc behind the manager ,That’s probably true but is that 100pc equal to the 100pc they have given in the past .The team has always played under pressure but what they have now is a totally different type of pressure .

Just now, magic8ball said:

It could be he has had assurances but there’s also got to be a cut off point where change is a must .

For me him talking about future signings is something he needs to do wether he has assurances or not .With any job no you need to be doing it with a belief that your going to be doing the job for the foreseeable future .In his case he also needs to be showing leadership to the team .

Plenty sound bites coming from players about being 100pc behind the manager ,That’s probably true but is that 100pc equal to the 100pc they have given in the past .The team has always played under pressure but what they have now is a totally different type of pressure .

The players talking about being behind the manager don't sound convincing to me at all mate.

A lot of Tarriers saying that the Scott Brown presser when he says it, there's fear in his eyes like he's being held hostage and is saying it with a gun to his head.

My original belief hasn't really changed. If he wins the next 4 or 5 league games until they play us to keep them within sight, but lose the game at Ibrox I think they'll act then so that their new man has the January transfer window to at least have half a chance to correct things.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The players talking about being behind the manager don't sound convincing to me at all mate.

A lot of Tarriers saying that the Scott Brown presser when he says it, there's fear in his eyes like he's being held hostage and is saying it with a gun to his head.

My original belief hasn't really changed. If he wins the next 4 or 5 league games until they play us to keep them within sight, but lose the game at Ibrox I think they'll act then so that their new man has the January transfer window to at least have half a chance to correct things.

A beautiful image.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Transfer window is pointless with their wage bill and the vast amount of players on books,there are cunts in their pool I’ve never even heard of before.

Just now, Dickie said:

Transfer window is pointless with their wage bill and the vast amount of players on books,there are cunts in their pool I’ve never even heard of before.

They'll be spending money in January either way. They will find the money. 

I expect them to throw millions at Fraser Forster for starters and try and cut a deal to send Duffy back.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I can't reply to that the way I want to.

If I did, my door would go in over the weekend and laptop removed. 

I was merely meaning the image of his soul being crushed whilst being forced to toe the party line by his masters...

22 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They aren't going to spend much in January unless they sell IMO, similar to us. 

I'd be astonished if they went out and bought quality for £5-6m , plus their issue is that the problems lie all over their team, not in any one position. They spent £5m on a keeper who is awful. They are paying Duffy huge money to be here and if they send him back will need to pay a termination fee you'd imagine

They bought Turnbull for £3m and he can't get a game. Which positions are they going to spend big in to sort their problems out? 

Goalkeeper they can't win the league if they don't get one I think they'll pay whatever it takes to get Forster. 

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

We will have room to drop points as the season starts to winds down by that point the damage will be done for them.

Just keep winning and they will take care of themselves.

Although with our current form we should really be looking to push on and go unbeaten in my opinion, all their talk of "Invincibles" and "10IAR" over the years I can't think of a more fitting end.

Unbeaten would be glorious mate 👍

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Goalkeeper they can't win the league if they don't get one I think they'll pay whatever it takes to get Forster. 

Agreed, I'll be very surprised if Forster isn't back there in January. Maybe even in time to try and give them a lift for the Old Firm game.

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They'll be spending money in January either way. They will find the money. 

I expect them to throw millions at Fraser Forster for starters and try and cut a deal to send Duffy back.

Aye they’ll spend money just to keep the unwashed happy whether TLB goes or not.

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

Agreed, I'll be very surprised if Forster isn't back there in January. Maybe even in time to try and give them a lift for the Old Firm game.

Can’t see it for January 2nd mate hopefully the big cunt is happy sitting on bench at Southampton. 

Or maybe even a we goalkeeper crisis that means he plays some games. 

Imagine managing a team which has to go to Italy midweek for a meaningless game.... against the form team of the big 5 leagues who know a win will secure qualification.... hoping to avoid a hiding as your under the kosh as it is.... and your players don’t want to play for you...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

Imaging giving that fanny your cheque book after the last window 😂

I’ll be Surprised if they don’t move for lurch.

Tbf mate I don’t think he has ever been near the chequebook. Strikes me he’s only in place as a cheap option who we know was given a back room team to work with so I believe he doesn’t even come in to the equation in the process of playing staff joining their club...

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t see it for January 2nd mate hopefully the big cunt is happy sitting on bench at Southampton.

There must have been more to it than money in Forster refusing to go back to be their no.1 as opposed to bench warming at his parent club. Who knows but given their current situation and form would they be any more of an appealing option now for him?...

15 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

There must have been more to it than money in Forster refusing to go back to be their no.1 as opposed to bench warming at his parent club. Who knows but given their current situation and form would they be any more of an appealing option now for him?...

Only way it changes is if Dermot/Lawell open the biscuit tin up, As a club they are less appealing as ever but money talks.

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Not sure they’ve had a keeper called foster

you see, i'd understand you perhaps have OCD if you capitalised his name, and added a full stop in that last sentence, so it's not OCD

i'd then understand if it was a Rangers player, as out of respect we should try to get our players names correct, but even then i'd not be pulling anyone up cause it's a bit pathetic really isn't it?

but, to care if i get one of their player's names correct, 

very strange indeed

i wonder why you care so much :hmmm:

1 minute ago, Swally said:

you see, i'd understand you perhaps have OCD if you capitalised his name, and added a full stop in that last sentence, so it's not OCD

i'd then understand if it was a Rangers player, as out of respect we should try to get our players names correct, but even then i'd not be pulling anyone up cause it's a bit pathetic really isn't it?

but, to care if i get one of their player's names correct, 

very strange indeed

i wonder why you care so much :hmmm:

Quite a lengthy reply so you care just as much swirly 

Archived