• Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Based on?

Just a hunch. Also, they are skint, bookies favourite and they let a decent coach in Duff go and replaced him with Strachan's boy. 

Strachan is too far removed from coaching (10 yrs) to turn things around but he will bring a bit of calmness. Lennon is finished.

I doubt Strachan would look at it. Lots of their mob hated him as he wasn’t celtic minded and he actively walked away from the job partly due to that. O’Neil Is different. A hero for them and left before due to his wife ill. Him and Keane both out of work and potential to be further heroes by trying to get the 10 for them. They would be a worrying appointment in my opinion but would not be cheap. Also Keane would probably knock out most of their first team in the first training session. 

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Don't think he'll go unless they drop any more point in the league and we go further ahead.

Think that's the issue, every game looks like a high chance of dropping points now. Leaving him in charge until the final or the next old firm match would surely be curtains for their tainted 10.

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

I doubt Strachan would look at it. Lots of their mob hated him as he wasn’t celtic minded and he actively walked away from the job partly due to that. O’Neil Is different. A hero for them and left before due to his wife ill. Him and Keane both out of work and potential to be further heroes by trying to get the 10 for them. They would be a worrying appointment in my opinion but would not be cheap. Also Keane would probably knock out most of their first team in the first training session. 

There will be no heroes out of any of them. We are back in charge. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't buy into the whole a manager wouldn't want to join them thing, they would, loads would, a lot of people are out of work etc and would see it as a chance to enhance their reputation. 

The issue for them is their board simply couldn't have seen this coming. I can see them hanging it out and hanging it out and looking for a candidate, they have then waited until it has maybe got away from them and then trying to use Lennon and boot a lot of the squad and claim them all as wasters as Collateral Damage to keep their own place in tact. 

I don't think any decent manager is going to look at what happened yesterday and want to take that on. 

If they sack lennon it's someone with a taig connection for sure.

MON, Strachan, Stubbs and Malky mackay. 

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't think any decent manager is going to look at what happened yesterday and want to take that on. 

If they sack lennon it's someone with a taig connection for sure.

MON, Strachan, Stubbs and Malky mackay. 

I suppose you could question how "decent" someone like Silva is but I doubt someone like him watched that yesterday and really gave a shit to be honest. I think football fans can have a tendency to overstate situations a bit and think players and managers will look at them in the worst case scenario.  A lot of managers would look at it and not be that bothered by that yesterday and would be more inclined to look at the 500k plus contract on offer.  

There is no danger celtic are bringing in Stubbs or Mackay just now if they do make a change. 

Dunno how i feel about it all now. 

I’d take a draw for them in Milan, scrape by St Johnstone then drop points again to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. 

If they win their next couple and last seasons cup then he probably sees it out until the old firm, but that means they get a bit of a run going which you don’t want either. 

Brubear, HG5 and magic8ball like this
  • MisterC changed the title to C*ltc