C*ltc

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I completely get it tho and I must admit am trying really really hard not to get swallowed up by it all. Its hard 9 years of absolute torture mate. 

January gives me the fear tho not because the games just because of the last 2 seasons when for whatever reason we've collapsed. 

It feels brilliant at this minute .I can’t see us fucking it up ,but we have been  there before .Maybe cause of my age but I just don’t feel good getting to far ahead of myself.

Thankfully SGs Mantra of “ being humble “ should see the players doing and saying the right things .

I honestly believe ,that lot will get desperate and try and pull a fast one .Somewhere .Something .And after last 8/9 years .Always makes me uneasy 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their antics will only have made their situation worse . If players were buckling at the pressure before then having to dodge a baying mob every time they enter or leave parkhead will only increase that pressure . And looking at their squad , some just aren’t built to deal with that .

37 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Seen tarriers talk about something similar myself that and the treatment of Lennon apparently. O'Neill doesn't want to add to his pals misery by taking his job.

Was reading there that the celtic board have given Lennon a fresh vote of confidence there too.

Think the folks who've said they've got no real choice are right. Managers with ties to the club won't want to spoil their legacy or alienate their pal "Lenny". Managers with no association to the club rightly see it as a poisoned chalice they'd be stupid to accept. The Peterborough chairman's comments the other day also indicate that they haven't exactly got the cash to sack him and pay for someone expensive. 

I reckon their only real options are someone with ties to the club who also has nothing to lose - like Malky MacKay or McGhee. Even the likes of Jack Ross will see how mad he'd be to move to them before the summer. 

They've got themselves in a real hole and it's brilliant to watch. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's hard not to get carried away.

We’ve all done it before, see last season after the win in their dump. 

This one feels different but. We are playing brilliantly with a stronger squad depth and a defence that's only let in 3 goals. 

While they are having a disaster. They can't keep clean sheets and are stumbling from one bad result to another. 

Just need to follow our management and players leads. One game at a time.

We are flying high mate ,but fully expect them to try something to burst  our bubble .They may not be able to stop us on the park .Yet they won’t want us celebrating anything ,if it comes to that 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I completely get it tho and I must admit am trying really really hard not to get swallowed up by it all. Its hard 9 years of absolute torture mate. 

January gives me the fear tho not because the games just because of the last 2 seasons when for whatever reason we've collapsed. 

There will be no collapse this season.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

There is no doubt that liewell has the SPFL in his back pocket. When he uses them to try and stop the season or get us deducted points then that's his last throw of the dice. Those would probably be futile attempts driven by desperation.

That's paranoid bull nothing the spfl or that cunt can do in this situation. This season will be completely and its my hope to get into the last 2 or 3 games of the season now we have a vaccine. 

13 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Think the folks who've said they've got no real choice are right. Managers with ties to the club won't want to spoil their legacy or alienate their pal "Lenny". Managers with no association to the club rightly see it as a poisoned chalice they'd be stupid to accept. The Peterborough chairman's comments the other day also indicate that they haven't exactly got the cash to sack him and pay for someone expensive. 

I reckon their only real options are someone with ties to the club who also has nothing to lose - like Malky MacKay or McGhee. Even the likes of Jack Ross will see how mad he'd be to move to them before the summer. 

They've got themselves in a real hole and it's brilliant to watch. 

They must have no options at this point. No way they genuinely belive in Lennon no matter how much they publicly back him. 

I also think money comes into it. Sacking Lennon and the coaches will cost. I can't see them getting a manager in that would agree to working with existing coaches. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I believe that myself. Just the scar tissue of previous years but this squad are different. I trust them to deliver 

We used to look at the bench and shudder. Last season loss of form from a player or an injury was a big blow. Not any more and that's the difference.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its going great, but if the scum win their games they'll be 7 points behind.

We'd both have 66 points still to play for.

We need to calm the jets ffs.

At this moment its a very big if imo, given their current form and also they have another game in hand coming up against livi. Either way its still a lot of pressure and the biggest boost will be after the next old firm which will hopefully be a win, it'll be entirely in our hands to lose it as they wont be able to catch us via old firms at that point. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its going great, but if the scum win their games they'll be 7 points behind.

We'd both have 66 points still to play for.

We need to calm the jets ffs.

It's definitely too early to be counting our chickens. On the other hand, it's the perfect time to laugh at pizza chains GIRUY the scum. 

1 hour ago, rossDas said:

My biggest worry for this season is the potential for covid to throw the mother of all spanners in the works. I won't be complacent until we reach the last six with a comfortable buffer of points between us and whoever is second place by then.

Was thinking this and wondered if the club (I imagine most professional clubs if affordable) would source the vaccine privately to protect the squad(s) would make sense if possible...

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

At this moment its a very big if imo, given their current form and also they have another game in hand coming up against livi. Either way its still a lot of pressure and the biggest boost will be after the next old firm which will hopefully be a win, it'll be entirely in our hands to lose it as they wont be able to catch us via old firms at that point. 

Said it a couple of times on various threads today mate. If we can get to the stage its out of their hands and they need to rely on others to take points off us then that will 100% be defining point in the season.

Archived