C*ltc

16 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

They will at least draw the OF game and then throw £30M+ at the transfer market to reverse the trend. 

I don’t think celtic have anywhere near that sort of money to spend, they are losing more money than us every month to a massive wage bill due to the covid situation.

Our board put finance in to the club for the right reasons and at this time have no expectations of return, their board and owner take from their club (Lawell alone reportedly over £2.5mill) and I’ll be surprised if the owner digs deep in to his pocket at this time. 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I wouldn’t be so sure, some are pure mental :rofl:

Yeah, the die-hard element of their support functions like a threshing machine, spitting out kernels of raw rhabidness. This is what is alluded to when they refer to 'celtic-mindedness', the narrative that they are eternally downtrodden and victimised in every aspect of football and life itself.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That Toney figure is around £10m when including add ons, the scum spent nearly £5m on Ajeti and the same on Barkas up front. If it was a straight out £5m they would have signed Toney as it was reported they bid £4m + £1.5m in add ons. 

That being said there is no chance they even spend £10m in January, let alone £30m, I think 2/3 signings adding up to £5/6m is possible. Hopefully more signings of the calibre of Klimala, Soro and Duffy.

I doubt they'll get much in January.

It's a shite market to go into to try and turn a season. Hope they waste more money. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I doubt they'll get much in January.

It's a shite market to go into to try and turn a season. Hope they waste more money. 

Their record in the transfermarket is horrendous. Hopefully they splash the cash. However, I doubt their board will sanction it.

I think celtic will have a new keeper in 1st of January.  That’ll be a priority for them and they’ll do it in time for the next Old Firm as that’s a make or break game for them.

As for Lennon, I can’t believe that board are sticking by him.  I’ve never known an Old Firm manager to be that bad and keep his job.  Out the Champions League, Europa, League Cup, 13 points behind in the league, etc.  It’s been a horrific season for them.  They’ve had to surround their stadium with metal fences because the fans are attacking the team bus FFS :lol: 

There was a good number of those players wanting out last summer.  I wonder how many want out now.  They’ll be like rats from a sinking ship. At the end of this season Brown, Christie, McGregor, Ntcham, Edouard, all gone.  Elyanoussi, Laxalt, Duffy, all go back to their parent clubs.  celtic will be left with the shite they’ve loaned out this season.  They’ve made an absolute cunt if it.

their first team next year could be looking like this..

Barkas

Ralston   Elhamed   Hendry   Taylor

Soro    Turnbull   Rogic

Forrest                                Johnston

Ajeti/Griffiths

lol

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If Hibs win they go 2nd if Aberdeen win they go joint 3rd with the scum all before they play Kilmarnock 

Shite thing is both of them have been on indifferent runs, they should be above them already. 

Spoonburners have some very winnable games over December as do the sheep. 

Be amazing to have them in Forth when they come to Ibrox. 

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think celtic will have a new keeper in 1st of January.  That’ll be a priority for them and they’ll do it in time for the next Old Firm as that’s a make or break game for them.

As for Lennon, I can’t believe that board are sticking by him.  I’ve never known an Old Firm manager to be that bad and keep his job.  Out the Champions League, Europa, League Cup, 13 points behind in the league, etc.  It’s been a horrific season for them.  They’ve had to surround their stadium with metal fences because the fans are attacking the team bus FFS :lol: 

There was a good number of those players wanting out last summer.  I wonder how many want out now.  They’ll be like rats from a sinking ship. At the end of this season Brown, Christie, McGregor, Ntcham, Edouard, all gone.  Elyanoussi, Laxalt, Duffy, all go back to their parent clubs.  celtic will be left with the shite they’ve loaned out this season.  They’ve made an absolute cunt if it.

Also at the end of the season a number of them will be in the final years of their contracts so the big fees quoted by their press lapdog are all but gone. 

Ed

Ajer

Ntcham

Christie 

Thumb.

House of Cards! ♠️

1 minute ago, molesmole said:

Also at the end of the season a number of them will be in the final years of their contracts so the big fees quoted by their press lapdog are all but gone. 

Ed

Ajer

Ntcham

Christie 

Thumb.

House of Cards! ♠️

Even that young lad they have Dembele has a contract expiring in the summer.  An EPL team will come along and scoop him up at some point.  

10 minutes ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

their first team next year could be looking like this..

Barkas

Ralston   Elhamed   Hendry   Taylor

Soro    Turnbull   Rogic

Forrest                                Johnston

Ajeti/Griffiths

lol

That's a decent enough side. Mid table and in a good year they may well make the top 6.

20 minutes ago, TMB said:

There is no way that lawwell and Desmond believe in lennon. All this public support is pish. It's just convenient for all involved now. 

I think they've done the rounds and likely found managers not interested. Come into a struggling side expected to win straight away and the hordes will literally be chasing you right away if you don't lol. 

They'll be the weakest they’ve been in years next season. Players wanting out and they'll have to cut costs dramatically. They've thrown everything at tainted 10 and failure will set them back years. 

27 minutes ago, TMB said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Hardly a selling point for players to come either, the likes of Edouard etc were here to get a name for themselves like Dembele, play in Europe and move on. They won't attract those players anymore.

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Lennon staying until January? That may change but the celtic board must be thinking Rangers have 3 away and 2 home league fixtures and they have 3 home and 1 away. Their tactics must be that Rangers could not possibly increase their lead on them come January.

So Desmond and Lawell are wargaming that come the OF tie, the gap of 7 points (they will assume games in hand will be won) will be no worse than that. They will at least draw the OF game and then throw £30M+ at the transfer market to reverse the trend. 

Their risky assumptions:

1. It won't get any worse from here to new year.

2. January transfer window will bring in winning players - unlike summer window.

3. They will assume a big run of wins begins.

4. Rangers cannot possibly keep up this 100% record.

Only reason I can think for them keeping Lennon is they don't want to bring in a new manager to be associated with losing the 10, they could have brought in a Strachan or O'neil weeks ago until the end of the season but there probably to far gone for even one of them to bother with the hassle of it. 

Keep Lennon until the season ends or the league is mathematically done then go for a 'project' manager is what I think they will do. 

Archived