• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Big Kris Boyd nails them again.    I CAN just picture Gerry McCulloch and everyone else in the celtic media department now. “That was great, Peter. You’ve got that spot-on.” “You th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Vision said:

That wasn’t even a forced comment, he actually pre-thought that comment and still couldn’t see how much of an embarrassment it was. 

They really are the dregs of society, no wonder they fucked up the opportunity to finish us. Thick as fuck!

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And by the same token if we play how we have been playing they will get chances chances too and with their firepower I don’t think we will get away with them.

We really need to be at our best, which I don’t think we’ve been for a few weeks now, and we need to score first because if they nick one they will just close up and park the bus.

I agree we need to be in top form and look to shut them down. Best way to do that is to push high and keep them stuck in their own half. 

I don't agree but that a lennon side can close up and park the bus successfully. Not with that backline and Lennon's usual attitude of trying to push forward. 

Robmc1 likes this
16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And by the same token if we play how we have been playing they will get chances chances too and with their firepower I don’t think we will get away with them.

We really need to be at our best, which I don’t think we’ve been for a few weeks now, and we need to score first because if they nick one they will just close up and park the bus.

I think this comes at a great time, regardless of their form. It will ba a huge game for us league wise, and a very emotional moment for the club, I am confident this game will allow the team to refocus and have no doubt we (to a man) will be right up for this match and will outplay and out score them on the day...

HG5 likes this
12 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That wasn’t even a forced comment, he actually pre-thought that comment and still couldn’t see how much of an embarrassment it was. 

They really are the dregs of society, no wonder they fucked up the opportunity to finish us. Thick as fuck!

There's a point where if you're about to cry your brain goes in to defence mode, and you blurt out any old shite. 

We witnessed just that :lol:

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Comments like this are insane because despite having “fuck all answers” Lennon has still managed to win half of his games against Gerrard since he went back there (and yes I know one of them was with an offside goal).

They have been crap this season but they have only still only lost one game in the league, they are on a bit of a run now and they know this game is win or bust for them, so I really hope the players and our manager aren’t treating the game like a foregone conclusion as others are acting like it is because we’ve seen this happen before and we’ve come up short on the day as a result. 

Barring Gerrard's first game I don't think any of their managers got the better of Gerrard. Tbf with Rodgers he was probably phoning it in. Regardless we've ran over the top of them 3 times after that. Won 2 lost the other one despite being the better side even after being down to ten men. Tav doesn't slip, Kent doesn't get frustrated, probably doesn't get sent off and goes on to complete what was to that point Ryan Kent's best performance in an OF game. The games they've won haven't came about due to Lennon throwing a tactical or line up selection curve ball(in fact the curve balls he's thrown have cost him in OF games IMO). They've won a cup final which is easily one of the most one sided games of football in recent memory OF or not, blue tinted specs not required. Fast forward to the game earlier this season. Not only did we stroll it we strolled it with flip flops on.

If you want to say that the last few years have made you wary of Livi away in the middle of February then fair enough. Plenty of reason to feel that way. The OF, and the European games, hold no fear for me.

MurrayWilson likes this
3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

They've won a cup final which is easily one of the most one sided games of football in recent memory OF or not, blue tinted specs not required. Fast forward to the game earlier this season. Not only did we stroll it we strolled it with flip flops on.

01fabc1fb04e559d8970f72faed7b7dd.gif

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Not sure about that mate. I thought the only indirect free kick inside the box was obstruction.

Anyway, I'm not convinced Hagi made contact. I'm sure sportscene will show it five times and tell me.

It was said "there was NO contact" but still insisted it was a penalty.
Me personally would've booked the big cunt for trying to con the ref.

The foul on Kemar by that clown porteous was a penalty,as at no time did he ever have control of the ball.
ffs,he manages to trap it with the back of his leg which ended up dangling 2 feet in the air and defintely caught Kemar.
Would've been justice as this fool is going to really seriously damage a Rangers player sooner or later.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

It was said "there was NO contact" but still insisted it was a penalty.
Me personally would've booked the big cunt for trying to con the ref.

The foul on Kemar by that clown porteous was a penalty,as at no time did he ever have control of the ball.
ffs,he manages to trap it with the back of his leg which ended up dangling 2 feet in the air and defintely caught Kemar.
Would've been justice as this fool is going to really seriously damage a Rangers player sooner or later.

Porteous tackle was a blatant penalty and a sending off , you can see the guy is over the ball and going for the player. He could have snapped his leg though and still got fuck all from Collum....

scottyscott1963 likes this
13 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I thought hight feet in the box was an indirect free kick , obviously no 

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

plays in a dangerous manner

impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made

https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/high-foot-in-the-penalty-area.3502/

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

They may get chances against us but they are incapable of "parking the bus" , any team that takes the game to them will score goals . Hearts couldve and shouldve had 5 last sunday. They couldve won from being dead and buried at 2 nil.

HG5 likes this
1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

I’ll have to echo DBBTB here: we’ve dropped a level since the St Mirren game.

Could be a shade of a burnout, could be teams setting up appropriately against us now, but we’re not the free flowing team we were a month or two ago. I still expect us to win, but there’s a nervousness about us at the moment that’s certainly only creeped in recently.

Tav, for example, looks a bit more cautious with each game, Borna is getting caught with the ball in the channel most games, Kamara is prone to a little brain fart now and again. There’s bits we need to shore up, it’s not beyond salvage but it could very easily derail a season if the issues aren’t corrected.

That said: I still think we will win this.

Ive thought similar, i think teams are just setting up differently now and are trying to punish on the channels, i dont think its an coincidence celtics formation makes more use lf the wings now.

End of the day, goals will come but so long as our boys have their shooting boots in it'll be okay, we've plenty goal threats all over the park from corners, set pieces, open play and penalties.

Im enjoying this nee found confidence celtic fans have, they've gotten all excited by results against teams they really should be getting results again, like a bottom of the table ross county (with a new manager), Kilmarnock whove had 1/2 goals in the past 7/8 games and Hamilton who had 10 men out injured (still took them 50 minutes and a penalty to get things going)

I think we have toiled with opponents but i think its all been an exercise in management, and we've been saving up for the old firm. I think we'll click back into our free flowing play and really put the bheasts back down and should we win (and st mirren) the old firm it'll be a monumental 19 points between us or 10 should they win their games in hand.

Massive, massive old firm that'll really effect the season, either we continue our run with a massive cushion and celtic under immense pressure, or celtic get a boost of confidence. 

demise and Laudrup1984 like this

It's amazing how much their confidence has increased when they still look to be struggling, the recent results have only papered over the cracks. Struggling against Hearts and weakened team at the bottom of the league.

My only fear going into the old firm is that they're a wounded animal with nothing to lose. To say they don't have decent players is being a bit silly. Of course they do. Lennon's clearly unable to motivate and properly man-manage them but this fixture shouldn't need that kind of managerial intervention.

So I'm not over-confident regarding the old firm game, I do think we are more likely to win it than lose it, but I'm still aware of the dangers they pose.

Down to brass tacks - if we play our way to our ability we'll win easily. If we don't, we could be in for a battle.

scottyscott1963, murzo and demise like this
14 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Think they might go 442 for next week, the middle will probably be missing Arfield and Jack next week who are vital in games like this and after how much we exposed them with the wing backs in the 1st OF game I can't see them not giving them cover, couple that with the fact we have skelped them when there playing 352 or 451 I think he just goes for it next week.