C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Isn’t the difference between the bheasts and St Mirren/Hamilton that their squads were decimated with COVID call offs so instead of re-scheduling their games they made them forfeit the points. So the only way they’ll get punished is if they have COVID call offs and need the game postponed. I imagine the most they’ll get is a fine but more likely just a slap on the wrists.

But I’m glad their “ hard training” is getting them so much grief back here.

Pretty much yeah. It’s ridiculous that if your players are ill you forfeit games/points, however if you fancy a holiday that’s no problem at all - Postpone the game. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-chief-vouched-for-abusive-coaches-in-1970s-tc797vrgn

Marc Horne

Wednesday January 06 2021, 12.01am, The Times

The man who authorised the creation of Celtic’s scandal-hit feeder club assured parents that their children would come to “no harm” if they joined.

As chairman of Celtic FC Sir Robert Kelly vouched for the coaching staff at Celtic Boys Club, describing them as men of “vast character”.

Jim Torbett, whom Kelly allowed to launch and lead the boys’ club in 1966, was later convicted of sexually abusing young players between 1967 and 1974.

However, it has emerged that in 1971 Kelly, a former president of the Scottish FA, told parents that their boys were at no risk of harm if they signed up. The fact that he felt obliged to say so suggests that concerns for child welfare at the club had been circulating at the time.

Kelly made the comments in his book Celtic, which was published weeks before his death, aged 68, in September 1971. He wrote: “I feel that no father or mother should have the slightest diffidence about letting a youngster come to join us at Celtic Park.

“There is a vast amount of character in the men in whose hands the youngsters are placed.

“We make bold to say that whatever good can come of youngsters joining up they will certainly come to no harm through their association with Celtic.”

In 1966 Kelly and Jock Stein, the Celtic manager, gave permission for Torbett to start the boys’ club using Celtic’s name, crest and colours.

In 1998 Torbett was jailed for molesting players including the future Scotland striker Alan Brazil. He was imprisoned for another six years in 2018 for sexually abusing boys between 1986 and 1994. The youngest was aged five.

Last year it emerged that Torbett ran Celtic FC’s chain of club shops in the early 1990s and organised testimonial events for first-team players.

In the past two years Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic FC kit man and boys’ club coach, has admitted 12 child sexual abuse charges and Gerald King, a one-time boys’ club chairman, was convicted of abusing four boys and a girl while working as a teacher.

Last year Thompsons Solicitors, which represents 25 people who claim they were molested at the boys’ club over three decades, lodged papers on behalf of one survivor who is seeking damages from Celtic FC. The test case will be heard in the next few months.

Celtic FC strongly contests the claims, insisting that the boys’ club was an entirely separate entity with which it had “historic connections”. In 2018 Celtic claimed that abuse allegations within the boy’s club “first emerged in the 1990s”. It was later revealed that in 1986 the senior club had held an investigation which exonerated Torbett and other coaches after serious concerns were raised by parents and boys.

Celtic FC did not respond to a request for comment.

7 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Pretty much yeah. It’s ridiculous that if your players are ill you forfeit games/points, however if you fancy a holiday that’s no problem at all - Postpone the game. 

Yup. A professional approach would reason that clubs should play games as soon as possible. That way the impact on the league of covid is de-risked. Come next week celtic could have played  further two games allowing scope for covid related postponement if required. Instead ALL clubs are now carrying increased risk of celtic further delays AND extra infection risk from dubai and London from Duffy. 

Questions should be getting asked by clubs.

49 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Nothing to see here, sweep sweep 🧹🧹

42275A8F-777A-4F93-A2A9-96976B8ECE10.jpeg

I really think they are trying to get the government to close down football. Football is the one thing making lock down endurable. The SFA are making this political, they want the first minister to react!!! They are saying she has no authority. 

I think the most responsible thing Sturgeon can do now is to have them detained by customs until they do an investigation into the trip for her. They should be forced into quarantine because of the two mutant Covid strains going about  The South African strain being deadlier than the UK strain and it gives me the fear that clubs can flaunt covid rules that are meant to keep the population safe. 

That would send a message to the football authorities to stick to what they agreed with the 1st minister. She'd certainly get my approval to do this and I don't vote for her party. 

So the tarriers were all booked and sorted on the 12th of November with the JRG (SFA & SPFL) authorising it. Yet the fixture with Hibs wasn't rescheduled until the 30th?

This stinks more and more every day yet Sturgeon and Leitch will do fuck all about it. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

So the tarriers were all booked and sorted on the 12th of November with the JRG (SFA & SPFL) authorising it. Yet the fixture with Hibs wasn't rescheduled until the 30th?

This stinks more and more every day yet Sturgeon and Leitch will do fuck all about it. 

AND ....... The JRG were updated of new measures on the 23rd Dec 2020 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf 

image.thumb.png.4d9837a6989a0ca5faca146e2cf22874.png

28 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Yup. A professional approach would reason that clubs should play games as soon as possible. That way the impact on the league of covid is de-risked. Come next week celtic could have played  further two games allowing scope for covid related postponement if required. Instead ALL clubs are now carrying increased risk of celtic further delays AND extra infection risk from dubai and London from Duffy. 

Questions should be getting asked by clubs.

They could be well caught up by now. 

They could have played the sheep mid-week of the league cup as they were both out. They didn't so they got a clear week up to the Scottish cup final. 

Could have got another game out the way this week if they weren't away for a piss up. 

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The SFA are making this political, they want the first minister to react!!! They are saying she has no authority.

Not quite on board with trying to force football to finish conspiracy. The SFA approved this trip albeit in November so its their own doing this was passed  with no escalation because they literally authorised it. Sturgeon said it’s upto the SFA in regards to football ruling but the government just advise on the general. Would be interesting to see if the shoe was on the other foot though, different rules for different clubs.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They could be well caught up by now. 

They could have played the sheep mid-week of the league cup as they were both out. They didn't so they got a clear week up to the Scottish cup final. 

Could have got another game out the way this week if they weren't away for a piss up. 

They're manipulating the situation so they have a basket full of excuses 

The sneaky cunts are up to something.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

They're manipulating the situation so they have a basket full of excuses 

The sneaky cunts are up to something.

If Rangers take care of business on Sunday and go 22pts clear I would expect the calls from the scums puppets regarding N&V to grow louder and gain some traction.

Just now, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

If Rangers take care of business on Sunday and go 22pts clear I would expect the calls from the scums puppets regarding N&V to grow louder and gain some traction.

Aye, them having all the games in hand suits them if it's N&V cause they can argue that not enough games have been played to call the result 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

Not quite on board with trying to force football to finish yet. The SFA approved this trip albeit in November so its their own doing this was passed  with no escalation because they literally authorised it. Sturgeon said it’s upto the SFA in regards to football ruling but the government just advise on the general.

Agreed but the JRG were updated on the 23rd of new measures. Why then spit in the governments face on covid rules meant to protect the football community as a whole and the public? 

CFC ARE making this political!  Question is why?

I think Sturgeon  needs to stamp on the SFA and their club for abusing the rules. I don't think the public or the football community should be punished as football helps people cope with being in lock down and keeping the season open will help other clubs survive these uncertain times.

They have already been warned by the 1st minister to follow the rules after Bolli going on a jolly and here they are doing it again. I think they are trying to force the government to give them the required criteria to finish the season.

image.thumb.png.3b5cbaddd503f04712684eda1b15a0d3.png

Archived