C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

"I don't think celtic will drop any more points. I do. I honest think they will have got so much confidence from that performance (against Rangers) with the new players coming in and a new formation.

The only thing that celtic couldn't do and that was down to one guy, Allan McGregor who made some fantastic saves.

"The ball is in Rangers court, of course it is, but this is a massive month and it's not something Rangers have been used to."

ย 

I don't get why our own faun over those cunts. Barry's forever doing it and this isn't the first time.ย 

He could be saying it to calm Rangers fans down a bit and not get too carried away. Thereโ€™s folk on here saying the leagueโ€™s notย done yet.ย 
Id imagine/hope that would be the case in our dressing room also.ย 
I also realise Barry has been a bit of a dick with his comments before about them, so Iโ€™m not really disagreeing with you mate.ย 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

"I don't think Celtic will drop any more points. I do. I honest think they will have got so much confidence from that performance (against Rangers) with the new players coming in and a new formation.

The only thing that Celtic couldn't do and that was down to one guy, Allan McGregor who made some fantastic saves.

"The ball is in Rangers court, of course it is, but this is a massive month and it's not something Rangers have been used to."

ย 

I don't get why our own faun over those cunts. Barry's forever doing it and this isn't the first time.ย 

i must have watched a different game mcgregor had 2 saves 1 which you would expect them to make the other from griffiths was a terrific saveย  they did not have a shot on target after 21st min. in the 2nd half before the red card i was confident we would score

17 minutes ago, billscott said:

i must have watched a different game mcgregor had 2 saves 1 which you would expect them to make the other from griffiths was a terrific saveย  they did not have a shot on target after 21st min. in the 2nd half before the red card i was confident we would score

They played well for 60 minutes - there is no denying that.

However I really don't think they will have gained much confidence from it at all. In what world does playing your best football of the season and yet still not score (in the biggest match of your season) give players confidence?ย 

They will be deflated as fuck.

In saying that - i can't see them dropping too many points from now on in. The rest of the league is abysmal.

6 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

However I really don't think they will have gained much confidence from it at all. In what world does playing your best football of the season and yet still not score (in the biggest match of your season) give players confidence?ย 

In saying that - i can't see them dropping too many points from now on in. The rest of the league is abysmal.

Think theyโ€™ve got a double header with Livi who have won 7 in a row.

Fancy them to pick up at least a draw in one of the games.

12 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Edouard changed agent to try get a move in the summer. Who knows he may go sooner than that? Obviously unhappy his previous agent never got him a move.ย 
ย 

ย 

Hope he does not get a move this summer as next season sees his contract run out. This time next year he can sign a pre with whoever he likes and will be more attractive without a transfer fee.

15 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Edouard changed agent to try get a move in the summer. Who knows he may go sooner than that? Obviously unhappy his previous agent never got him a move.ย 
ย 

ย 

It's going to be one helluva rebuilding job in the Summer for them, that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Find this they'll be more confident after the old firm narrative hilarious. It's just a whole lot more denial from them.ย 

It took them ages to find some form after we beat them last time.ย 

32 minutes ago, billscott said:

Its fine saying that but first half we really didnt have a sniff at anythint, second to everyball, anytime we did we misplaced it or were bullied off it. Celtic were the better team there's no denying that and first half they were most certainly dominant.

2nd half before the red card we did look to have a greater foothold in the game and were string together passes and turned their defence (which lead to the sending off). But even with that it still wasnt quite our best.ย 
ย 

There isnt any shame in saying we were the poorer team because end of the day, we still won it. However people need to remember games arent won on stats or shots or whatever, its who had the most goals, so yeah celtic were the better side but Rangers were the winning side IE the most important side/thing

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Heโ€™s said daft shite before, but this time heโ€™s spot on. Heโ€™s saying what weโ€™re all thinking.

I like your comment mate and although I agree with it , I'm seeing it different as well .

We went to dubai after a cracking dominant performance against the scum , we came back utter shite .

A wee break does us all good , but I think the dressing room there is fractured and imploding .Going away with arseholes you hate isn't a good idea .ย 

Above all that , they've tried their best and lost . There must be a moment of clarity where even they can see it's gone .

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Iโ€™m not a fan of Barry the person (great player though), but his interview has been taken way out of context. He said words to the effect of โ€˜when I was in a title race I used to tell myself theyโ€™ll win every gameโ€™ (to keep him focused).ย 

Media twisting things to fuck as usual.ย 

It was the paper that he does a column for that twisted it for their own ends You would think that after making him look a twat he would tell them to ram their column. Bet he doesnt though.

28 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Find this they'll be more confident after the old firm narrative hilarious. It's just a whole lot more denial from them.ย 

It took them ages to find some form after we beat them last time.ย 

If they canย gainย confidence simply from not getting completely dominated by us onceย again, despite playing against an injury hit Rangers team, throwing absolutely everything at us,ย creating almost nothing and thenย still going on to loseย the match - which wasย theย mostย important match of their last decade.ย Thatย shows where each club is at the moment.

Apparently the record spun fergusons words from a podcast.

Here is allegedly what he said

ย 

"Well when I was in that position it was donโ€™t listen to the noise thatโ€™s going on outside, people talking about leagues. Youโ€™ve got to just stay focussed and I would be saying to my teammates as well, โ€œI firmly believe Celtic are going to win every single game from now until the end of the seasonโ€, so that keeps you on your toes, and just keep the standards up that theyโ€™ve shown all season, as simple as that, don't let standards drop, if you allow that to happen then you could be in for a big fall, so itโ€™s important, that, as your hear the manager and players speak after every single game, i think theyโ€™ve learnt their lessons from last year.. the most important thing is that this group of players stay focussedโ€
ย 

Thats been taken from a poster on FF who said he listened to the podcastย 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Its fine saying that but first half we really didnt have a sniff at anythint, second to everyball, anytime we did we misplaced it or were bullied off it. Celtic were the better team there's no denying that and first half they were most certainly dominant.

2nd half before the red card we did look to have a greater foothold in the game and were string together passes and turned their defence (which lead to the sending off). But even with that it still wasnt quite our best.ย 
ย 

There isnt any shame in saying we were the poorer team because end of the day, we still won it. However people need to remember games arent won on stats or shots or whatever, its who had the most goals, so yeah celtic were the better side but Rangers were the winning side IE the most important side/thing

i agree to everything you say but i was replying to the comment how good celtic were and how mcgregor saved us etcย  they were good for first 20 mins mainly because we were poor but as i said no shot on target after 21st minย  i dont mind us being poor as long as we win at the end of the day the records will show we won 1 nil and thats all that counts

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

ย 

They played well the first half . Had two decent chances and mcgregor dealt with both . After that they done nothing . People comparing it to our cup final performance are wrong . We missed far more opportunities that day than they did on Saturday .

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

They played well the first half . Had two decent chances and mcgregor dealt with both . After that they done nothing . People comparing it to our cup final performance are wrong . We missed far more opportunities that day than they did on Saturday .

Itโ€™s comparable to the cup final in terms of the psychological blow of not winning when your opposition have done little in an attacking sense.

Its not comparable in terms of actual performance. Like you say we missed more opportunities than celtic that day than they did at the weekend. We absolutely blew them off the park in that final. Never can I remember us making them look so below average and not coming away with a win

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Just on SKY sports the now thatย loads of women footballers getting coronavirus after travelling to none other than Dubai. Oh well there you go eh

One can only hope that they start to come down with covid. Would serve them right.

19 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

One can only hope that they start to come down with covid. Would serve them right.

I like to think of myself as rational so I have little time for conspiracy theories but I am starting to come around to the view that the scum long term plan is to get the season declared null and void.

The more the games that they cannot play increase the more they will argue that the season cannot be completed and with compliant authorities they may just get it.

SFA/SPFL just make up rules as they go along.

They ignored that cup final performance and the league game a few weeks later to their own detriment.

Coronavirus and their crusade to get handed the title in an unfinished league season let them forget we were getting stronger.

We had a collapse in the new year but there were clear signs of the team moving forward before that and they ignored itย 

Archived