C*ltc

Two questions for me on this:

Elite sports will be exempt but celtic were not their to compete in any competition. They were there for a "training camp" and quite clearly a piss up. So how can this be treated the same as any Scottish team going on a European tie? This wasn't necessary.

Also with this one positive surely whoever is in that player's bubble will have to isolate for the 14 days? Mind you I don't think we had to do that with Helander because of the testing.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

I really don’t think that’ll happen, like it too but the narrative will be that celtic wanted to play and had a team but the government forced them to self isolate through no fault of their own, St Mirren and Motherwell are different because they didn’t have a team to play because of breaking protocols. 

ye know what you're saying but only says advised to self isolate and as in their own bubble (honest) no obligation to.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Two questions for me on this:

Elite sports will be exempt but celtic were not their to compete in any competition. They were there for a "training camp" and quite clearly a piss up. So how can this be treated the same as any Scottish team going on a European tie? This wasn't necessary.

Also with this one positive surely whoever is in that player's bubble will have to isolate for the 14 days? Mind you I don't think we had to do that with Helander because of the testing.

Good point re Helander. If that was the case full squads would be isolating with one positive. 

Just now, CooperSF said:

It's testament to their monumental fuck up that the SG are now having to specifically reference them. Down south it would have been a general comfirmation. The negative press on this is incredibly fantastic.

Happy enough with the 10 close contact players out if true.

They'll put a very depleted team out  for both games IMO. 

Better than the SG saying basically they can't play.

They are currently a shambles.

Fuck i've wanted to say that for years, especially considering the shambles we have been at times in the past decade. 

Just now, raging blue 1972 said:

ye know what you're saying but only says advised to self isolate and as in their own bubble (honest) no obligation to.

The government confirming the elite sports rules apply here blows my comments out the water, I was speaking shite. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Which makes sence because they don't have the means to test players regularly. 

And can't have bubbles. Their midfielder had to put in for a holiday in the car factory he worked at 😂

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Happy enough with the 10 close contact players out if true.

They'll put a very depleted team out  for both games IMO. 

Better than the SG saying basically they can't play.

They are currently a shambles.

Fuck i've wanted to say that for years, especially considering the shambles we have been at times in the past decade. 

Flip flop suddenly seems so long ago 😁

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That was the new enhanced rules brought in just the other day.

They won't pull it, that's why the new rules were brought in to safeguard it.

Archived