C*ltc

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I think it's sabre rattling from the SG, and a bit of a 'look  there's a squirral' re Salmon.

I'd be shocked if the SG backtrack re elite sports after it was already agreed.

I think the game will go ahead, and wouldn't be surprised if it a near enough full squad. Apart from rumours re close contacts, nothing concrete expect one player positive.

Damage has been done. They are shown up as a fucking joke endangering lives for a piss up. 

Couldn't care about the outcome game wise, we are winning this league either way. 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So correct me if I'm wrong but they've went away on a pointless trip whilst having 3 games in hand due to Covid issues already and could have played a few of them instead but have now come back with Covid and the talk is about postponing their next 2 games? 

Thought the fixture backlog etc didn't allow for anymore postponed games. What a shambles.

Any other club they'd be hammered and made to forfeit the games.

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

This shit infuriates me. The level of control that cunt has over the media is ridiculous. 
How man articles to have they have just waiting to publish every time celtic fuck up. A lot I hope!! 
Pathetic. 

Don't let it get at you, the more they print stories like this the more they have to hide. Stay focused on what they're try to hide 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Damage has been done. They are shown up as a fucking joke endangering lives for a piss up. 

Couldn't care about the outcome game wise, we are winning this league either way. 

And it's great to see!

4 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Seen something earlier about her. All she’s doing is slating the uk government and ignoring the faults of the Scottish government. 

She has previous for that..

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18562587.scottish-government-adviser-apologises-labelling-unionists-anti-scottish/

4 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

So correct me if I'm wrong but they've went away on a pointless trip whilst having 3 games in hand due to Covid issues already and could have played a few of them instead but have now come back with Covid and the talk is about postponing their next 2 games? 

Thought the fixture backlog etc didn't allow for anymore postponed games. What a shambles.

Any other club they'd be hammered and made to forfeit the games.

They can’t postpone two games. What grounds would they have to say “yeah it’s no problem for celtic to flout the rules and not be punished”. It’s too late and too obvious after other clubs have been punished. 

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Just because one team fucked up they can’t stop 41 other teams playing .

Sky reporting that if forced to self isolate the next 2 games postponed.If so why did Hamilton need to play with the youths .

If they get games postponed, you have to imagine clubs that have had to forfeit will have something to say. 

7 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Seen something earlier about her. All she’s doing is slating the uk government and ignoring the faults of the Scottish government. 

Just what I thought.

Approvals came from a lot nearer home...

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Mentioned this on another topic but rumour is elite sport in England to be canned for 3 weeks starting tomorrow night

Could be alot of shit but its exactly the excuse they need to get them out of this without a forfeit/playing with half a team

It's non league ffs 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Mentioned this on another topic but rumour is elite sport in England to be canned for 3 weeks starting tomorrow night

Could be alot of shit but its exactly the excuse they need to get them out of this without a forfeit/playing with half a team

They just brought in enhanced measures on Friday to make sure it's not canned.

Nothing has happened since to make they do anything like that.

Plus there is absolutely nothing from journalists about that, which would be a huge story.

Just more bullshit IMO.

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

They can’t postpone two games. What grounds would they have to say “yeah it’s no problem for celtic to flout the rules and not be punished”. It’s too late and too obvious after other clubs have been punished. 

They would leave themselves wide open to the clubs appealing their sanctions for players breaking covid rules.

It's field 11 or forfeit the game. If isolation of players stops them fielding 11 then that's just tough, other clubs have had to do it.

4 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Exactly and totally agree. If they get away with postponing games it'll be scandalous

Right so done a bit of digging on this with reference to the situation at Kilmarnock and St Mirren (apparently, they have forums!)

So first port of call is obviously the government, who will need to confirm if the trip falls under elite sports training (difficult due to the photographic evidence this wasn't the sole purpose). It looks likely that they will do so and the game will be okay to go ahead from their point of view.

The next problem would then be the team they need to play. If the 10 player situation is true, then they would need to play the game, providing they meet the minimum criteria for a team, which is 8 players, including 1 goalkeeper. This would have to be within their first team playing bubble. They can only bring in youth players should they have time to be tested and brought into the bubble, which I don't think they will have. This is the reason St Mirren and Kilmarnock couldn't field youth players – no time to make the necessary arrangements. They also couldn't meet the minimum criteria and were forced to abandon the match. (St Mirren ended up getting a hearts goalie on emergency loan for the subsequent games due to the fact they had time) So c*ltics ability to play the game will be dependent on the number of players that need to isolate and if this takes them below the 8 players. I think with 10, they would be okay due to the size of their first team squad.

Now, if they can't meet the 8 player criteria and can't bring in youth in time (assuming here they also can't field a full youth squad as they won't meet the testing criteria for the SPFL games) the game would have to be abandoned/postponed. Further to this, Killie and St Mirren were then given the losses and fined due to having breached guidelines after investigation. Again, it would be hard for c*ltic to argue against this as there is photographic evidence showing they have broken guidelines and their first team coach has openly admitted there were lapses – even if their trip was allowed, they should still be operating in accordance with guidelines. The only way they would get out of 3-0 loss is if there was a complete u-turn by the SPFL.

Obviously the latter would be great, but based on what we’ve heard so far, I reckon they will field a depleted squad. How depleted is the question.

Just now, Siam69 said:

They just brought in enhanced measures on Friday to make sure it's not canned.

Nothing has happened since to make they do anything like that.

Plus there is absolutely nothing from journalists about that, which would be a huge story.

Just more bullshit IMO.

Well Villa down in England are fucked now with Spurs coming up & cases in general are rising in sport

Up here surely the taigs potentially having 10 players out would be classed as something? 

Look I'm hoping as much as the next cunt that it doesnt but personally I can only see it going 1 way in the next few weeks, doubt they'll (SPFL) will open up the null & void can of worms again but I certainly think there will be some sort of break.

All betting sites pulling the taigs game tomorrow aswell seems very strange 

Archived