C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope hibs absolutely smash these rancid bastards all over the park tonight I got lucky and managed to get loads of bets on paddy power when it came back on this morning hibs win both halfโ€™s and most corners in each half 500-1 and loads of others like thatย 

37 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

Aye right, they knew Julien had it and still put their squad around him, just the fringe players though. They are imbeciles but surely you don't believe they knew he had it.ย 

Donโ€™t believe that at all what I believe is now that they know Julian has it the players seating arrangements have been changed to suit.ย 

BBC Live newsfeed covering all thisย :lol:

Celtic in chaos after Covid-19 isolation order

viewing this page

Live Reporting

Posted at 13:3513:35

'Everyone, including football, should be erring on the side of caution'

"Now as with any situation like this, its for the footballing authorities to decide whether further action is necessary and its for them to consider that carefully," continued the first minister.

"This whole episode should underline how serious the situation we are in now is. Everyone including football should be erring on the side of caution.

"I know fans of other clubs feel very strongly that the whole of football should not pay the price for the actions of any one club, and I agree with that, but of course a situation like this does make it essential for us to review the rules, including those around travel, and thatโ€™s what we will be doing. As we do, I do hope that Celtic themselves will reflect seriously on all of this."

Was a training trip to Dubai really essential, asks FM

"Football and elite sport more generally enjoys a number of privileges right now that the rest of us donโ€™t have," added Nicola Sturgeon.

"These privileges include the right to go to overseas training camps and be exempt from quarantine on return. It is really vital, obviously for public health reasons but also I think out of respect for the rest of the population living under really heavy restrictions that these privileges are not abused.

"Now, I know that what Iโ€™m about to say wont please everyone, nothing I can say about football ever pleases everyone, but as I have said before, I do have doubts based on how the club itself described it, doubts about whether Celtic's trip to Dubai was really essential. I have doubts based on some pictures I have seen about whether adherence to bubble rules was strict enough."

ย 

First Minister 'frustrated' to be talking about football

Nicola Sturgeon last week questioned the purpose of Celtic's trip and warned that professional sport's privileges could be lost if protocols were not followed by all participants.

The First Minister returned to subject at today's briefing, saying: "Itโ€™s impossible for me to mention Dubai today without making some mention of the situation with Celtic Football Club.

"I can't tell you how disappointed and frustrated I am to be facing another briefing that may, although this is up to journalists, be dominated by football."

ย 

Dubai added to Scotland's travel quarantine list

Since Celtic returned from their winter training camp, Dubai has been added to Scotland's travel quarantine list with anyone coming from the country told to self-isolate for 10 days.

The rule, which came into effect at 04:00, will also apply retrospectively for passengers who have made the journey since 3 January.

However, those quarantine rules do not apply to sports people attending "elite training" abroad.

ย 

Celtic guilty of 'minor slip-ups'

Over the weekend, Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy admitted the club had been guilty of "minor slip-ups" in Covid-19 protocols during their six days in Dubai.

Photos emerged of members of the Celtic party not distancing or wearing face coverings, and Kennedy says they give a "bleak" but "false" impressionย 

ย 

Celtic following 'best procedures and protocols'

The statement concluded:

"Whilst we were in Dubai, the announcements made on 4 January significantly changed the Covid landscape. The reality is that a case could well have occurred had the team remained in Scotland, as other cases have done in Scottish football and across UK sport in the past week.

"Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols. From the outset of the pandemic, Celtic has worked closely with the Scottish Government and Scottish football and we will continue to do so."

ย 

Celtic 'hugely disappointed' by outcome

"Clearly we are hugely disappointed, as we know our supporters will be," read the second half of the statement from Celtic.

"The contacts were identified during the period from Wednesday last week, primarily around flight and team coach travel, during which time Celtic applied the same rigorous protocols used for pre-season training camps, Uefa match travel and for all domestic match arrangements in Scotland.

"These protocols have served us well in the past, as the club has not had one positive case in our own 'bubble' until now.

"As we have already stated, Celtic's decision to travel to Dubai for a training camp was for performance reasons."

ย 

Unlucky 13 for Celtic

Celtic noted that all other players and staff members were negative after being checked following their return to Scotland.

However, after consultation with a local NHS health protection team, 13 first-team players have been identified as "close contacts", along with manager Neil Lennon and assistant John Kennedy.

They must now self-isolate as required by the current regulations.

ย 

Jullien tests positive on return from Dubai

On Sunday, Celtic revealed that one player had tested positive for coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

Today, the Scottish champions confirmed that it was injured defender Christopher Jullien.

ย 

The show goes on for Celtic despite Covid chaos

Celtic's home Scottish Premiership match with Hibernian this evening will go ahead despite the home squad being decimated by Covid-19 issues.

What's happened, why did it happen and what happens next?

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

BBC Live newsfeed covering all thisย :lol:

Celtic in chaos after Covid-19 isolation order

viewing this page

Live Reporting

Posted at 13:3513:35

Was a training trip to Dubai really essential, asks FM

"Football and elite sport more generally enjoys a number of privileges right now that the rest of us donโ€™t have," added Nicola Sturgeon.

"These privileges include the right to go to overseas training camps and be exempt from quarantine on return. It is really vital, obviously for public health reasons but also I think out of respect for the rest of the population living under really heavy restrictions that these privileges are not abused.

"Now, I know that what Iโ€™m about to say wont please everyone, nothing I can say about football ever pleases everyone, but as I have said before, I do have doubts based on how the club itself described it, doubts about whether Celtic's trip to Dubai was really essential. I have doubts based on some pictures I have seen about whether adherence to bubble rules was strict enough."

ย 

First Minister 'frustrated' to be talking about football

Nicola Sturgeon last week questioned the purpose of Celtic's trip and warned that professional sport's privileges could be lost if protocols were not followed by all participants.

The First Minister returned to subject at today's briefing, saying: "Itโ€™s impossible for me to mention Dubai today without making some mention of the situation with Celtic Football Club.

"I can't tell you how disappointed and frustrated I am to be facing another briefing that may, although this is up to journalists, be dominated by football."

ย 

Dubai added to Scotland's travel quarantine list

Since Celtic returned from their winter training camp, Dubai has been added to Scotland's travel quarantine list with anyone coming from the country told to self-isolate for 10 days.

The rule, which came into effect at 04:00, will also apply retrospectively for passengers who have made the journey since 3 January.

However, those quarantine rules do not apply to sports people attending "elite training" abroad.

ย 

Celtic guilty of 'minor slip-ups'

Over the weekend, Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy admitted the club had been guilty of "minor slip-ups" in Covid-19 protocols during their six days in Dubai.

Photos emerged of members of the Celtic party not distancing or wearing face coverings, and Kennedy says they give a "bleak" but "false" impressionย 

ย 

Celtic following 'best procedures and protocols'

The statement concluded:

"Whilst we were in Dubai, the announcements made on 4 January significantly changed the Covid landscape. The reality is that a case could well have occurred had the team remained in Scotland, as other cases have done in Scottish football and across UK sport in the past week.

"Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols. From the outset of the pandemic, Celtic has worked closely with the Scottish Government and Scottish football and we will continue to do so."

ย 

Celtic 'hugely disappointed' by outcome

"Clearly we are hugely disappointed, as we know our supporters will be," read the second half of the statement from Celtic.

"The contacts were identified during the period from Wednesday last week, primarily around flight and team coach travel, during which time Celtic applied the same rigorous protocols used for pre-season training camps, Uefa match travel and for all domestic match arrangements in Scotland.

"These protocols have served us well in the past, as the club has not had one positive case in our own 'bubble' until now.

"As we have already stated, Celtic's decision to travel to Dubai for a training camp was for performance reasons."

ย 

Unlucky 13 for Celtic

Celtic noted that all other players and staff members were negative after being checked following their return to Scotland.

However, after consultation with a local NHS health protection team, 13 first-team players have been identified as "close contacts", along with manager Neil Lennon and assistant John Kennedy.

They must now self-isolate as required by the current regulations.

ย 

Jullien tests positive on return from Dubai

On Sunday, Celtic revealed that one player had tested positive for coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

Today, the Scottish champions confirmed that it was injured defender Christopher Jullien.

ย 

The show goes on for Celtic despite Covid chaos

Celtic's home Scottish Premiership match with Hibernian this evening will go ahead despite the home squad being decimated by Covid-19 issues.

What's happened, why did it happen and what happens next?

Hibs better do the business the nightย 

Archived