C*ltc

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How often does testing happen, and what are the rules around when tests are needed? Didn't know it was contact within 48 hrs of testing 👍

And are there any specific protocols around elite athletes bubbles?

Testing must be conducted within 168 hours of next game and submitted to the league midday two days prior. If players are away on international duty etc, they are generally tested before being allowed to mix with the rest of the squad - although I cant say for certain if thats a specific rule.

Contact tracing is done exactly the same way as it is for us and iirc, it is someone within 1m for 15 minutes during a one-hour period.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, markem said:

Ach come on now you, understand you like to entirely derail threads with bizzare arguments.  Not this thread though, not now. 

Way and play at yer ain bit. 

Fuck off 😅 he's making a completely valid point don't start that site just cause you don't like the facts being provided to you

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because the elite sports exemption covers it. 

Surely as soon as he leaves his bubble and decides to go his own way travelling for non essential reasons all over the uk the his elite sports cover goes out the window.  He didn’t travel to join up with national team which is allowed but to go home to sort out a domestic against government guidelines.

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

Fuck off 😅 he's making a completely valid point don't start that site just cause you don't like the facts being provided to you

I’m here  for those cunts being ridiculed, I want pics of laxalt crying by the pool because he’s dropped his ice cream. 

FWIW I am joking, here be the place right enough.....I guess 

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Surely as soon as he leaves his bubble and decides to go his own way travelling for non essential reasons all over the uk the his elite sports cover goes out the window.  He didn’t travel to join up with national team which is allowed but to go home to sort out a domestic against government guidelines.

Alternatively, he was returning home from a training camp covered under the guidelines. Only reason he was in Dubai was for their camp and his return travel to the UK is allowed.

2 minutes ago, markem said:

I’m here  for those cunts being ridiculed, I want pics of laxalt crying by the pool because he’s dropped his ice cream. 

FWIW I am joking, here be the place right enough.....I guess 

We're all here for that. I'm just answering the Qs folk put to me.

16 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Pity this wasn’t a Scottish journalist 

quite sure the majority would agree with you Adrian.
Where it falls down is sleekit pete and his placemen would be akin to turkeys voting for Christmas.
They will get justice one way or another,and the good thing is we are contributing to their demise. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. The advice to self-isolate, generally, wouldn't cover our players. Our players would comply with the guidelines for elite sports rather than the general public.

If the Scottish government made a statement advising the public that arrived specifically from Croatia to self-isolate for 10days due to an increase in cases then I really don’t think Rangers would just ignore it. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

If the Scottish government made a statement advising the public that arrived specifically from Croatia to self-isolate for 10days due to an increase in cases then I really don’t think Rangers would just ignore it. 

If that guidance didn't extend to elite athletes, they absolutely would ignore it as it wouldnt be relevant. Otherwise, we better prepare for Rangers to forfeit this weekend's game.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If that guidance didn't extend to elite athletes, they absolutely would ignore it as it wouldnt be relevant. Otherwise, we better prepare for Rangers to forfeit this weekend's game.

I’m guessing your meaning travelling within Scotland’s different covid areas. I think I’ll leave it at that but thanks for answering my questions.  

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I’m guessing your meaning travelling within Scotland’s different covid areas. I think I’ll leave it at that but thanks for answering my questions.  

No, the suspension of football for most leagues in Scotland. Rangers will abide by the applicable guidance to them, not that which applies to the wider public. That's part of why football was allowed to return they have, rightly or wrongly, different rules from the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, the suspension of football for most leagues in Scotland. Rangers will abide by the applicable guidance to them, not that which applies to the wider public. That's part of why football was allowed to return they have, rightly or wrongly, different rules from the rest of us.

But they have the same moralistic values only one club is seriously lacking in that. If a Rangers player was to arrive from a country with the general public, that was facing such an increase in cases that the government had to advise them to isolate for 10 days then they would do it regardless of any loopholes elite sport might give them. 

9 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Say what you like about Ricky Gervais ,I know he’s a bit of a knob but some of his work is top notch .

I thought the episode of Extras with Les Dennis was brilliant .He absolutely ripped the pish out of LD and got him to act it out on screen .

Yep, the only thing he’s done on TV that didn’t quite reach his usually heights was Derek, and even that was reasonably entertaining 

Archived