C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Lennon has been offered the celtic job permanently less than an hour after guiding the club to a domestic treble treble.

The Northern Irishman witnessed his team beat Hearts 2-1 in the Scottish Cup final after initially taking over from Brendan Rodgers in February.

"Neil in our moment of need stood up to the plate," said the club's chief executive Peter Lawwell.

"Over the next few days, we will work out the details."

Lawwell said Lennon would have been offered the job whether celtic had won the Scottish Cup final or not, saying "there's no better candidate".

"We're absolutely delighted," Lawwell added. "Fantastic day, fantastic achievement today - probably never to be repeated.

"He's done a fantastic job in difficult circumstances. When you look at his credentials, he's a celtic man, he's made for celtic. He knows Glasgow, he knows the city, he knows what's required and he's a winner.

"At this point in terms of looking at the squad, there's nobody better that I've worked with who's got a better eye for a player.

"I think it's better to do that (offer him the job) tonight to just kill the speculation."

5 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

no yet mate. just offered it. should find out next week if he takes it. hope he does.

I'd bet a deal was already agreed weeks ago mate. Don't buy they just offered him the job today.Β 

Taig support are deluded if they thought anyone else was coming in.

He's the cost saving option and the reaction from them let's you know they are shitting it under him.Β 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd bet a deal was already agreed weeks ago mate. Don't buy they just offered him the job today.Β 

Taig support are deluded if they thought anyone else was coming in.

He's the cost saving option and the reaction from them let's you know they are shitting it under him.Β 

fair enough no gonna argue with you i wouldn't be surprised. just going on what we've heard today πŸ™‚

always thought he'd get the job because like you say he is the cheap option.

9 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Neil Lennon has been offered the celtic job permanently less than an hour after guiding the club to a domestic treble treble.

The Northern Irishman witnessed his team beat Hearts 2-1 in the Scottish Cup final after initially taking over from Brendan Rodgers in February.

"Neil in our moment of need stood up to the plate," said the club's chief executive Peter Lawwell.

"Over the next few days, we will work out the details."

Lawwell said Lennon would have been offered the job whether celtic had won the Scottish Cup final or not, saying "there's no better candidate".

"We're absolutely delighted," Lawwell added. "Fantastic day, fantastic achievement today - probably never to be repeated.

"He's done a fantastic job in difficult circumstances. When you look at his credentials, he's a celtic man, he's made for celtic. He knows Glasgow, he knows the city, he knows what's required and he's a winner.

"At this point in terms of looking at the squad, there's nobody better that I've worked with who's got a better eye for a player.

"I think it's better to do that (offer him the job) tonight to just kill the speculation."

That bit in red is total pish. He’s just riding on the fans good feeling today knowing it’s a money saving exercise. It’s the best we could’ve hoped for after today

Just now, Prso's headband said:

That bit in red is total pish. He’s just riding on the fans good feeling today knowing it’s a money saving exercise. It’s the best we could’ve hoped for after today

no way would he have got the job if they lost today.

bet he was told when he took over that being offered the job depended on winning the "tr3ble tr3ble". the league was pretty much guaranteed. a fucking donkey could've won them it at that point. big brenda baws done most of the work and we weren't consistent enough.

Β 

Just now, philiprfc said:

Not even hiding the fact they've used the treble treble to cushion the blow of his appointment hahahaha

Hope they are savoring those 3 trebles, it could very well cost them the 10iar.

i honestly believe this is the end of their run.

i hope they have enjoyed it because their house of cards is folding now. say goodbye to 9 in a row and the "quadruple treble".Β 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

According to SSN he’s accepted ha ha bring it fucking on.Β 

really? i just read he said it's likely he will accept.

i do think it's as good as done but i'll wait for the bheasts to confirm it.

Archived