C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can see it from both sides tbh. Cosgrove won the ball clean as a whistle but  the speed he went into the tackle at and the fact that both feet were off the ground makes it pretty reckless .

Both feet are off the ground. But he wins the ball as clean as whistle with his right and his left is pointing away from Ajer. No studs showing, just his momentum that takes the big Jessie out.

52 minutes ago, 110 steps said:

Both feet are off the ground. But he wins the ball as clean as whistle with his right and his left is pointing away from Ajer. No studs showing, just his momentum that takes the big Jessie out.

Not really the point though, he was reckless and out of control of the tackle which endangers the opponent, its a defo red card

I see it as a reckless challenge. But what irked me the most  is Lennon saying it wasn't a red card. Had Cosgrove stayed on and scored again to make it 2-2 I'm sure Lennon would have been going berserk at the decision. Sore losers and obnoxious winners.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Can see it from both sides tbh. Cosgrove won the ball clean as a whistle but  the speed he went into the tackle at and the fact that both feet were off the ground makes it pretty reckless .

But by the time he actually contacts Ajer he's on the ground. The idea that you can't be in control if you come off the ground at any point is wrong. It was well executed. Folk'll say 'but what if he was a bit closer and he was off the ground when he made contact with Ajer'... if yer gran had baws she'd be yer grandad. He wasn't. At the point of contact with the ball he's in normal tackle position. At the point of contact with timmy he's in normal slide tackle position. Briefly in between those he comes off the ground. Never risks Ajer cause he's executed it well to the point there's the merest of contact on Ajer with a trailing leg.  

He's never not in control of what he's doing there and never a danger to Ajer yet it's a red.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not really the point though, he was reckless and out of control of the tackle which endangers the opponent, its a defo red card

I don’t think he was reckless. The fact he cleanly took the ball and made no contact with Ajer showed he was actually in control and executed the tackle perfectly. If he’d gone in like that and took the man, or even the ball and the man then it would be a red all day long, the fact he didn’t touch Ajer except slightly catching him with his knee of his trailing leg (no studs nothing like that) shows it was a well controlled, well timed tackle. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Few roasters in my work that are exactly like this worst cunt. 

Know for a fact if we win the league this season I'm getting sacked :lol:

Honestly wit a riddy ,needs his baws booted ,can honestly say I never come.acorss anybody like that would drap the nut on them tbh 

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

I don’t think he was reckless. The fact he cleanly took the ball and made no contact with Ajer showed he was actually in control and executed the tackle perfectly. If he’d gone in like that and took the man, or even the ball and the man then it would be a red all day long, the fact he didn’t touch Ajer except slightly catching him with his knee of his trailing leg (no studs nothing like that) shows it was a well controlled, well timed tackle. 

How can he be in control when he's off the ground, theres no way he can control himself, if ajer takes half a step forward instead of jumping he's got a leg breaj at best

I want they rancid bastards beat whatever the cost but to think thats not a red is mental

What if barisic had stopped like ajer did instead of move to the ball as he did, would the hibs boy have only deserved a yellow? 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How can he be in control when he's off the ground, theres no way he can control himself, if ajer takes half a step forward instead of jumping he's got a leg breaj at best

I want they rancid bastards beat whatever the cost but to think thats not a red is mental

What if barisic had stopped like ajer did instead of move to the ball as he did, would the hibs boy have only deserved a yellow? 

How so you slide tackle without your feet leaving the ground ?

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

How so you slide tackle without your feet leaving the ground ?

Its not his feet that left the ground, his whole body did which means he has no control over himself

He catches ajer its a bad injury, the rules dont state that contact has to be made to be reckless and endangerment, 

Cosgrove let his team down and probably ruined what little chance they had of a point, that should be the focus not dodgy refs or anything 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not his feet that left the ground, his whole body did which means he has no control over himself

He catches ajer its a bad injury, the rules dont state that contact has to be made to be reckless and endangerment, 

Cosgrove let his team down and probably ruined what little chance they had of a point, that should be the focus not dodgy refs or anything 

I agree, it was certainly a red card - Cosgrove had the red mist and charged in from a very long way. He had no control over where he was going as soon as he went to ground. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How does any player  slide tackle then ? Or do you think slide tackles should be outlawed completely? Because to get from running to slide tackle both feet and body need to be off the ground ?

Your second paragraph I would point too inigos post about if your auntie bad balls 

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I agree, it was certainly a red card - Cosgrove had the red mist and charged in from a very long way. He had no control over where he was going as soon as he went to ground. 

He had no control over where he was going but magically takes the ball perfectly 

Archived