C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BertContraband said:

It's a lot of shite to be fair. Can see why he's getting slaughtered

If le guen came out and said he didn't get as long as other managers because he was French and he doesn't blame the club but blames the Rangers fans for unconscious bias against non British managers we would be biting back as well with the facts from his time in charge. 

Le Guen was also RC.that was never an issue 

6 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Much as I loved Barnes as a player and how fun it was to see him crash and burn at them, he is talking nonsense.

He was sacked because he was a terrible manager. End of.

Nae wunner you only have 852 likes mate.

Let us have some fun with the mhanks

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Much as I loved Barnes as a player and how fun it was to see him crash and burn at them, he is talking nonsense.

Your correct he was actually a terrible manager...

Think you miss the point though...they CFC have been driving the narrative about us for so long, Barns has just called them racists!!!

On 11/06/2020 at 00:00, tm91 said:

We don't have a history of insulting or discriminating against French people, as far as I can remember.

Dunno, I can't stand the snail eating wanks from Paris myself, those from other parts are alright but I wouldn't be looking to stay there any time soon.

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

Dunno, I can't stand the snail eating wanks from Paris myself, those from other parts are alright but I wouldn't be looking to stay there any time soon.

Paris has to be the least welcoming place I've ever been , horrible city. As you say most other French places I've been have been great

Have heard Marseille is a a bit of a shitehole.

18 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Thats not what he is debating if you read his tweets, he has, correctly i might add, highlighted that managers with worse or same records as himself were given longer in the job, and funnily enough they were white managers

And tbh he probably has a bit of a point, they're aren't many successful black managers, and any that have tried and failed dont bounce around jobs like white managers do, down south its like a merry go round at times the way managers just move around clubs (not as much now but say a decade or two ago thats all they did down there) 

Perfect example, steve bruce has had 11 managerial jobs, best he's done is an FA cup runners up medal, 7 of they jobs his win % is below 40%, sunderland he was below 30%

Paul ince, 6 managerial jobs, best he's done is the FL trophy and won league 2 iirc, his win % werent any worse than Bruce's, out of the 6 gigs 3 were below 40 and two of they ones were below 30%

7 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Paris has to be the least welcoming place I've ever been , horrible city. As you say most other French places I've been have been great

I love Paris, Marseilles has its rough parts, but isn't as bad/sleazy as its older reputation.

8 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Paris is fantastic , especially if you can speak French

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats not what he is debating if you read his tweets, he has, correctly i might add, highlighted that managers with worse or same records as himself were given longer in the job, and funnily enough they were white managers

And tbh he probably has a bit of a point, they're aren't many successful black managers, and any that have tried and failed dont bounce around jobs like white managers do, down south its like a merry go round at times the way managers just move around clubs (not as much now but say a decade or two ago thats all they did down there) 

Perfect example, steve bruce has had 11 managerial jobs, best he's done is an FA cup runners up medal, 7 of they jobs his win % is below 40%, sunderland he was below 30%

Paul ince, 6 managerial jobs, best he's done is the FL trophy and won league 2 iirc, his win % werent any worse than Bruce's, out of the 6 gigs 3 were below 40 and two of they ones were below 30%

Compare how Bruce and Ince speak though. Which one sounds more insightful? Who is more likely to impress at an interview? For as good a player that he was, the odd time I've seen Ince do some punditry it's just fucking painful to watch.

Not that they seem like they'd want to, but I reckon Ferdinand, Micah Richards or Jermaine Jenas wouldn't have a problem getting a managerial job. All three seem like fairly intelligent guys (for footballers) and speak very well. I will on the other hand be absolutely astounded if Ashley Cole has a successful career in management because the guy can't string a coherent sentence together, not because of his race.

8 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Paris is fantastic , especially if you can speak French

It's funny. Going on what I'd heard I expected to love the city and be disappointed by the people. In actual fact it was the opposite. Found the people quite warm, but the city quite flat. Although the obvious set piece attractions were stunning.

Archived